MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

"Head On" & "Head On 2" control issue - not always responsive
#276118 - 02/15/12 02:41 PM

It seems that "Head On" & "Head On 2" has control issues. The set names of these games are "headon" and "headon2". The controls do not respond most of the time. When trying to turn into a different lane, most of the time the car will not turn. And sometimes the car turns by itself without even touching the controller. I'm using the most current version, MAMEUI 0.145.

Anyone care to check this out to see if you experience the same problem?

Thanks.

P.S. The other "Head On" made by Irem works fine.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Re: "Head On" & "Head On 2" control issue - not always responsive new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#276124 - 02/15/12 04:27 PM

> It seems that "Head On" & "Head On 2" has control issues. The set names of these
> games are "headon" and "headon2". The controls do not respond most of the time. When
> trying to turn into a different lane, most of the time the car will not turn. And
> sometimes the car turns by itself without even touching the controller. I'm using the
> most current version, MAMEUI 0.145.
>
> Anyone care to check this out to see if you experience the same problem?
>
> Thanks.
>
> P.S. The other "Head On" made by Irem works fine.

Local testing with keyboard only does not support your observations. I get predictable one or two lane movement depending on speed of my car (as expected). Perhaps your deadzone for your joystick needs to be increased (-joystick_deadzone), or re-calibrating via the Control Panel / Game Controllers). Have you tried without your external controller?

DarthMarino
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/27/11
Send PM

Re: "Head On" & "Head On 2" control issue - not always responsive new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#276132 - 02/15/12 06:49 PM

I've played the first game extensively with both a PS3 controller and my arcade sticks and never had an issue. I've played a bit of the second as well and also didn't notice any problems. Are you using an analog stick?

View my gameplay videos:
Light Gun Games with Aimtrak
Trackball Games with X-Arcade Trackball
Star Wars Episode 1 Racer with Dual Throttle Controls

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Re: "Head On" & "Head On 2" control issue - not always responsive new [Re: DarthMarino]
#276135 - 02/15/12 07:26 PM

On my X-Arcade Tankstick + Trackball, I originally was using a joystick to control the movement and then i tried using buttons to control the movement and the problem still seemed to exist. But I will try again when I get home with my Steel Series 1G controller (Playstation 1 looking) to see what's up. I will also try Tafoids suggestion of increasing the setting.

If both of you say there's no problem, then I'm sure that I was mistaken. Thanks for taking a look at it.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 184 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1461