View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TknoMncr
Lurker
Reged: 09/22/03
Send PM

MAME Dev Bug Fix Donation-A-Thon
#275406 - 02/07/12 05:51 AM

So now that MAME is 15 [Holy shit, has it seriously been that long?!?!], it makes me wonder if there ever will be another MAME Dev Bug Fix Donation-A-Thon like a few years back, where people made radical donations to see Dev's fix specific bugs [Outside of those requiring decapping] from the current list.

I remember it worked phenomenally well and benefitted everyone in the long run... so figuring I'd ask if that may ever happen again. I know there'd probably be a few diehards who would want to pay to see some of the oldest bugs get worked on [Outside of ones requiring decapping or Discrete goodness, as we know those are 2 entirely huge can of worms]

TknoMncr

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: MAME Dev Bug Fix Donation-A-Thon new [Re: TknoMncr]
#275414 - 02/07/12 06:48 AM

That did not happen. What happened is Aaron offered to donate certain amounts to the dumping project depending on how many and what type of bugs got fixed. Nobody was paid for fixing bugs.

TknoMncr
Lurker
Reged: 09/22/03
Send PM

Re: MAME Dev Bug Fix Donation-A-Thon new [Re: Smitdogg]
#275511 - 02/08/12 03:12 AM

> That did not happen. What happened is Aaron offered to donate certain amounts to the
> dumping project depending on how many and what type of bugs got fixed. Nobody was
> paid for fixing bugs.

My apologies for faulty memory on that.... though that would still be cool if it could happen again. Like a bounty on MT bugs. I think it COULD have SOME potential

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: MAME Dev Bug Fix Donation-A-Thon new [Re: TknoMncr]
#275526 - 02/08/12 06:29 AM

> My apologies for faulty memory on that.... though that would still be cool if it
> could happen again.

Yes it would be cool...

> Like a bounty on MT bugs. I think it COULD have SOME potential

but not on specific bugs, you'll never get support from MAMEDEV on that. It turns development into a job, makes them responsible to the users for specific things when it's never been about that, etc.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 344 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1575