OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Re: poll new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274958 - 02/03/12 07:53 AM

AND THE WINNER IS.....

FLAT!!!!!

For he's a jolly good fella... for he's a jolly good fella... for he's a jolly good fellllaaaaa.... that nobody can deny!... that nobody can deny!

(if you listen carefully, you can hear the spineless mice running around. Ya know the mice that prefer Flat but don't have the backbone to support it because God forbid they would ever disagree with certain people.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#274959 - 02/03/12 07:58 AM

> So if there was a world wide poll and every internet user voted on what they
> preferred, "Flat" or "Threaded", which setting would have the most overall votes?
>
> Exactly, that's my whole point. "Flat" would definitely receive more votes. So many
> people (especially kids) have never even experienced "Threaded". So they would prefer
> "Flat" just for the simple fact that they never even used "Threaded". Just the kids
> factor alone would tip the balance to "Flat". And for the people who has experienced
> both, "Flat" would still receive more votes. So the matter how you slice it or how
> you look at the matter, "Flat" is the more preferred settimg.
>
> I'm the best around!

I like how this topic went from a debate about the right to end one's life to the obviously more important topic of 'Flat vs Threaded'. Only in teh bin.

Flat Mode is easier (for me) to use. It's only downside is when someone hits 'reply' instead of 'quote' and none of the text is included to the post they're replying to. I've found that to be true. But you can go by the name of the person they're replying to to get a better idea of which post they're replying to.

I did check out threaded mode for a minute. I checked the 'Who's Online' page, seen Mr. Do was viewing a reply in this topic - in Threaded mode. I scrolled down in the list of replies to find where he was, or which post was next in the reply string... I couldn't make sense of it.

I also noticed TriggerFin and Stiletto were viewing 'Flat' mode. So that's at least 4 supporters of 'Flat' mode. *yay*

To OSG. Honestly. I did misread what you typed and/or got confused as to which mode was which. I'm sure my confusion had to do with me not getting enough sleep that day - as usual.

btw: Real entertaining thread.

LEVEL-4

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274960 - 02/03/12 07:58 AM

FLAT FOR PRESIDENT

OSG IS STILL THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

#274961 - 02/03/12 07:58 AM

> 90% of the internet uses "Flat" now. Just on the basis that so many people are used
> to it and don't want change would make "Flat" win.
>
> The kids factor, in that they never even seen/tried "Threaded", would make "Flat"
> win.
>
> The factor that "Flat" is just plain and simple better and more efficient, would make
> "Flat" win.
>
> I'm not going to hunt for articles, etc. for something so obvious. If I say the sky
> is blue, I'm not going to waste my time proving that it is blue.
>
> There is overwhelming evidence that "Flat" would win. "Threaded" would have a better
> chance of hitting the lottery than beating "Flat" in a fight.

But that's the funny part. The ENTIRE basis of your argument is that you are correct because you say so.

All you have to do is show your "overwhelming evidence," and "you win."

And when you do bring your evidence, bring the part that says flat mode "is better."

This was never about what's more popular; your original point is that flat mode is more practical to use:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#274963 - 02/03/12 08:05 AM

> FLAT FOR PRESIDENT
>
> OSG IS STILL THE UNDEFEATED CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!!!

I'm obliged to read this shit, and it's seriously interfering with my angrybirds time. Can't you go fluff your johnson for 15 minutes or something?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

If Admins remove flat does that mean you will go away <NT> new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#274964 - 02/03/12 08:06 AM

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: poll new [Re: italie]
#274965 - 02/03/12 08:07 AM

>
> I'm obliged to read this shit, and it's seriously interfering with my angrybirds time

Multitask

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274966 - 02/03/12 08:09 AM

I just figured out what started all of this. When italie started crying about me using "." in the subject line. It set her off because it's that time of month for her. That's why she didn't want me to use periods in the subject. Try a Midol, ok sweetie?

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274967 - 02/03/12 08:11 AM

By any chance, is italie from Boston?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#274968 - 02/03/12 08:11 AM

> I just figured out what started all of this. When italie started crying about me
> using "." in the subject line. It set her off because it's that time of month for
> her. That's why she didn't want me to use periods in the subject. Try a Midol, ok
> sweetie?

So with nothing left to say, the name calling comes back. Totally disappointed.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#274969 - 02/03/12 08:11 AM

> By any chance, is italie from Boston?

No.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#274970 - 02/03/12 08:13 AM

> By any chance, is italie from Boston?

I'm from BoomTown. Says so right under my name.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: poll new [Re: Mr. Do]
#274971 - 02/03/12 08:13 AM

Hey! I treat my bitches however the hell I want to!

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#274972 - 02/03/12 08:13 AM

> Hey! I treat my bitches however the hell I want to!

That's not what your mom says.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274973 - 02/03/12 08:16 AM

Boomtown can mean many places. Out of curiousity, what city do you live in?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#274974 - 02/03/12 08:16 AM

> All you have to do is show your "overwhelming evidence," and "you win."
>
> And when you do bring your evidence, bring the part that says flat mode "is better."
>
> This was never about what's more popular; your original point is that flat mode is
> more practical to use:
>
> http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Who needs evidence? How many forums on the entire internet use a 'Flat' scheme in their topic bodies? (eta: by default)

Don't answer that. Because nobody can without doing an unreasonable amount of research. So the only answers one could give would be either "More forums use a 'Flat' scheme" or "More forums use a 'threaded' scheme."

Honestly. Which do you think is the right answer?

And presuming you'd say it's 'Flat', the next question would be "Why is that?" to which the only sensible answer would be "because it's easier to use".

But my hats off to anyone that actually can use it and has the patience to keep scrolling down, look for the next reply amongst all the others in the list, click it, wait the few seconds it takes to load, rinse, repeat....

eta: I know. How dare I bring this topic back on track, just when it was getting fun. I had to go and get all serious and proper.

Edited by T0M (02/03/12 10:48 PM)

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#274975 - 02/03/12 08:18 AM

> Hey! I treat my bitches however the hell I want to!

1/10.

You're a forum moderator with a Masters Degree in Psychology, and that's all you got left?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#274976 - 02/03/12 08:18 AM

> Boomtown can mean many places. Out of curiousity, what city do you live in?

I've stated my location on more than a dozen occasions. Not my fault if you can't pay attention. Try the search button.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274977 - 02/03/12 08:18 AM

And DO... why the hell don't you have a single link to download all the artwork files? Instead you make the user have to individually click on every single link to download each file.... OMG!... now I see why you like "Threaded" instead of "Flat"! hahahahaha

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274978 - 02/03/12 08:22 AM

don't make me take off my belt. I didn't ask... I'm telling you to tell me what city.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#274979 - 02/03/12 08:22 AM

> And DO... why the hell don't you have a single link to download all the artwork
> files? Instead you make the user have to individually click on every single link to
> download each file.... OMG!... now I see why you like "Threaded" instead of "Flat"!
> hahahahaha

It's called bandwidth, and it's expensive.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#274980 - 02/03/12 08:23 AM

> And DO... why the hell don't you have a single link to download all the artwork
> files? Instead you make the user have to individually click on every single link to
> download each file.... OMG!... now I see why you like "Threaded" instead of "Flat"!
> hahahahaha

Well... that's my business model; easier to update on my part; keeps the bandwidth down on the host.

And since I'm doing it that way, it must be what my customer base wants, right?

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

#274981 - 02/03/12 08:23 AM

> don't make me take off my belt. I didn't ask... I'm telling you to tell me what city.

What u gunna do? Put a flaming bag o' poop on his door step?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

#274982 - 02/03/12 08:24 AM

> don't make me take off my belt. I didn't ask... I'm telling you to tell me what city.

And I'm telling you to blow me.

I don't care if you know where I am, but I also don't care to tell you.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#274984 - 02/03/12 08:33 AM

> > don't make me take off my belt. I didn't ask... I'm telling you to tell me what
> city.
>
> And I'm telling you to blow me.
>
> I don't care if you know where I am, but I also don't care to tell you.

I would never hurt you. I've been protecting people like you my whole life. See, I was part of the "Cool/Popular" kids in highschool, and I was that one good kid out of that group that was friendly with the so called "nerds". So I would always protect them and make sure they didn't get picked on alot. So don't worry, I got your back.

B2K24
Send PM

#274987 - 02/03/12 09:16 AM

Threaded Mode is winning the polls

B2K24
Send PM

#274988 - 02/03/12 09:18 AM

You appreciate it more if you have to work your ass for it ;-)

elmeepo
Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Norn Iron
Send PM

The world is round, not flat..... new [Re: B2K24]
#275028 - 02/03/12 10:36 PM

Obama says so!!!

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: poll new [Re: B2K24]
#275030 - 02/03/12 10:55 PM

> Threaded Mode is winning the polls

Mreaded Mode mis minning meh molls.

I wanted to find a fitting pic to go with this. One of a sour/mocking/smirk, the kind of facial expression when using words like that.

mesk
@ the arcade
Reged: 03/03/11
Loc: Rhode Island
Send PM

Re: The moment you have to convince others you "win"... new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275037 - 02/03/12 11:24 PM

> The moment you have to convince others you "win", it's the moment you patetically
> lose big time.
>
> And so far you haven't won a single one.
> I've proved that it's my opinion that I prefer Flat over Threaded.
>
> Most of all, I proved that majority of the people prefer Flat too, otherwise all the
> new forums wouldn't be Flat. That is common sense.
>
> So how did I win? My proving and displaying the point at hand. But I am winning most
> of all because nobody that blindly disagreed with me (because they always do because
> they are worms that kiss ass) can disprove or respond with a logical comeback to
> disprove the obvious/common sense that I stated.
>
> The main debate is that I said majority of the people agree with me regarding the
> fact that most people prefer "Flat" instead of "Threaded". And I proved this because
> I stated the obvious that every new forum has "Flat" implemented instead of
> "Threaded". And nobody could come up with any kind of logical counter argument to the
> point at hand.
>
> So therefore, I WIN. Just like I always do.
>
> WHOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!
>
> I'm not wasting anymore time on this. It's similiar to me saying the sky is blue and
> you guys saying the sky is yellow. I'm just not going to waste anymore of my breathe
> on you worms regarding this issue.

WOW you are a sad,silly human being.When do you actually play games?you spend so much time on this forum picking petty,PETTY fights with people.Let me guess.You arent very social,or very popular with the opposite sex,so you vent your frustrations on the internet.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: The moment you have to convince others you "win"... new [Re: mesk]
#275038 - 02/03/12 11:33 PM

Quote:

Let me guess.You arent very social,or very popular with the opposite sex,so you vent your frustrations on the internet.

You haven't been reading close enough....he was in the popular crowd in high school. We should all be lucky enough that he's even acknowledging our existence.

Oh, and his house guests agree with him. And the rest of the internet does too.

mesk
@ the arcade
Send PM

Re: The moment you have to convince others you "win"... new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275039 - 02/03/12 11:42 PM

> I have a whole explanation ready to go... but...
> ... if you're not going to waste any more time on this, then I'm not either.
> You have an explanation? Well your the first one with an explanation regarding the
> point at hand. All the other people were unable to muster anything related to the
> point at hand. All they were capable of saying were "Wrong" and side stepping the
> point at hand. So if you have an explanation, by all means, go for it.
>
> You may have a logical explanation. But regardless of what your explanation is, the
> fact of the matter is, if most people preferred "Threaded" over "Flat", then they
> would find a way to make sure that the new forums were "Threaded". The matter how you
> look at it, if most people liked "Threaded", then that would be the setting of all
> the new forums instead of "Flat".

You know OSG I do envy you.I too wish I had enough free time to pick petty fights on a internet forum.I know I know im a kiss A$$,a MAMEdev worshipper! Although its you that posts all the questions,spends all the time in the forum,puts all his favorite obscure arcade games in his sig,and goes on and on over the game "NEMO" which,truth be told,isnt very good.

Edited by mesk (02/03/12 11:44 PM)

mesk
@ the arcade
Send PM

#275043 - 02/04/12 12:55 AM

> > > don't make me take off my belt. I didn't ask... I'm telling you to tell me what
> > city.
> >
> > And I'm telling you to blow me.
> >
> > I don't care if you know where I am, but I also don't care to tell you.
>
> I would never hurt you. I've been protecting people like you my whole life. See, I
> was part of the "Cool/Popular" kids in highschool, and I was that one good kid out of
> that group that was friendly with the so called "nerds". So I would always protect
> them and make sure they didn't get picked on alot. So don't worry, I got your back.

Anyone who claims they were part of the popular\cool kids in HS,on a internet forum,about 20+ years after leaving HS,clearly is lying.Thats MY opinion,so its true.

BTW,people chime in to threads and disagree with you because you are a offensive,unlikable person.But im sure you are told that no matter where you go.

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

What a moron new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275060 - 02/04/12 04:41 AM

You're the only person here that has not added ANY FACTS to his argument, but that just happens to be one of your arguments?

Do you know the meaning of the word FACT? Have you taken a world-wide pole, have proof that 100% of internet users answered said poll, and 90% of them prefer flat mode? NO. You have no efing clue what you are talking about. Your only argument in this entire thread is that your reasoning skills are superior and the basis of fact. ummm... a fact would be that Threaded mode is clearly winning the poll that was made in another thread. Just sayin'

And another retort... the sky is NOT blue, you idiot. Your eyes PERCIEVE blue on a CLEAR day because shorter wavelengths of light (blues and violets) get scattered around and absorbed by the liquid and gas molecules in our atmosphere. The scattering is why the whole sky looks that way. And if you're in an area that allows you to see the horizon a good 6+ miles away, you'll notice that the sky starts turning a much more pale, blue color or even white. That's because over a longer distance those blue wavelengths are scattered more and more and not enough of them can make it from there to your precious little retinas.

Anyway... the sky doesn't have color. It's clear, dude. That's why, ya know... you can see stars and stuff at night

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: The moment you have to convince others you "win"... new [Re: Hizzout]
#275062 - 02/04/12 04:49 AM

>
> Oh, and his house guests agree with him. And the rest of the internet does too.

One of his house guests is using his account. There's a definite shift in tone when they're posting vs when he's posting.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: The moment you have to convince others you "win"... new [Re: krick]
#275064 - 02/04/12 05:07 AM

> >
> > Oh, and his house guests agree with him. And the rest of the internet does too.
>
>
> One of his house guests is using his account. There's a definite shift in tone when
> they're posting vs when he's posting.

I'm betting meds is the cause of that. Just a hunch.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: What a moron new [Re: URherenow]
#275068 - 02/04/12 05:19 AM

> Anyway... the sky doesn't have color. It's clear, dude. That's why, ya know... you can see stars and stuff at night

Easy there! Don't overload the boy...

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: What a moron new [Re: URherenow]
#275069 - 02/04/12 05:21 AM

There you go using science....like science has ever done anything for us. Psh...

Oh and don't get me started on logic.

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: What a moron new [Re: Hizzout]
#275071 - 02/04/12 05:30 AM

Saw this the other day, thought of your avatar.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

I'm the best ever *DELETED* *DELETED* new [Re: Hizzout]
#275073 - 02/04/12 05:37 AM

Post deleted by OldSchoolGamer

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: I'm the best ever new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275074 - 02/04/12 05:39 AM

I'm the best ever!

aavada
master of unlocking
Send PM

Re: I'm the best ever *DELETED* new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275075 - 02/04/12 05:40 AM

The only time I've ever seen someone go after another person with this much fervor it was because of a crush. Hmmm...

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: What a moron new [Re: Hizzout]
#275076 - 02/04/12 05:41 AM Attachment: 01.png 66 KB (0 downloads)

> There you go using science....like science has ever done anything for us. Psh...
>
> Oh and don't get me started on logic.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: What a moron new [Re: aavada]
#275077 - 02/04/12 05:44 AM Attachment: danny.png 178 KB (0 downloads)

Ha ha, that's awesome. My avatar is pretty much what I look like while I'm browsing.

Except this thread of course. It's more like this...

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: I'm the best ever new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#275095 - 02/04/12 08:14 AM

I'm the best around!

Pages: 1 | 2 |

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 127 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 30441