MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

polarz
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/29/08
Send PM

Creating custom dat files
#271920 - 01/01/12 03:18 AM

I was wondering if there is a graphical tool that allows you to select certain games from a dat file and recreate a new dat with only the selected games. I want to give MAME4driod a try which is based off of v0.37b5, but I only want to put a couple dozen of my favorites on my tablet. I'd prefer not to have to rebuild the entire 0.37b5 set from the current set and would like to select & rebuild only those games I'm interested in. I realize I'll need to find the roms that are no longer included in the current set.

Hopefully I'm describing this clearly...

Thanks!

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Creating custom dat files new [Re: polarz]
#271921 - 01/01/12 03:49 AM

> I was wondering if there is a graphical tool that allows you to select certain games
> from a dat file and recreate a new dat with only the selected games.

Not what you asked for, but a sane alternative:

Once you have the dat file for 0.37b5, copy the ROMs (current ROMs) you want to rebuild to a different folder, set this as ROM path, and your old .37b5 files to another folder, that you set as the add path. Then select 'available games' before starting the scan/rebuild. That way it will only work on the ROMs you have copied and not build partial .zips for all the others that you don't want.

...of course this will only work for sets that have the same name as they had way back in .37b5.

S

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: Creating custom dat files new [Re: polarz]
#271936 - 01/01/12 11:05 AM

cmpro, load dat in profiler, go to scanner, go to set information, enable the ones you want to keep, press export dat.

polarz
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/29/08
Send PM

Re: Creating custom dat files new [Re: Roman]
#271947 - 01/01/12 06:12 PM

Thx Roman! Worked perfectly.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 474 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4325