MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Reged: 08/07/05
Send PM

To MrDO - List Request
#271602 - 12/27/11 05:47 PM

Hi Mr.DO,

I'm looking for some items on eBay to buy and scan (for preservation purposes only, since I don't have any coin-op machine). And I know you have LOTS of 'not yet scanned' items in your collection, such as 100's of instruction cards and more.

I'd like to request you (if possible) a txt list of all IC's you already have to scan, so I'm going to buy only those you don't have. This way, we can assure to have more items digitally preserved without spending money on repeated items. Is that possible to you to do such list?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#271620 - 12/27/11 11:57 PM

> Hi Mr.DO,
>
> I'm looking for some items on eBay to buy and scan (for preservation purposes only,
> since I don't have any coin-op machine). And I know you have LOTS of 'not yet
> scanned' items in your collection, such as 100's of instruction cards and more.
>
> I'd like to request you (if possible) a txt list of all IC's you already have to
> scan, so I'm going to buy only those you don't have. This way, we can assure to have
> more items digitally preserved without spending money on repeated items. Is that
> possible to you to do such list?

Definitely possible. Give me until the end of the week, and I should have something.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: Mr. Do]
#271703 - 12/29/11 01:27 PM

No problem, I can wait

By the way, if you find a Pit-Fighter Instruction Card while making the list, I would love to have that one scanned to complete my dedicated cab.

If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at arcarc.xmission.com soon.

Cheers,
Roger.

> Definitely possible. Give me until the end of the week, and I should have something.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#271726 - 12/29/11 11:45 PM

> If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at
> arcarc.xmission.com soon.

Be sure to double-check TAMDB.net to see if they have a copy yet or not. I've finally figured out how to upload stuff to them too.
http://tamdb.net/index.php?page=News&news=52
(I did the hellish work so others won't have to... )

- Stiletto

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: Stiletto]
#271775 - 12/30/11 01:11 PM

> > If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at
> > arcarc.xmission.com soon.
>
>
>
> Be sure to double-check TAMDB.net to see if they have a copy yet or not. I've finally
> figured out how to upload stuff to them too.
> http://tamdb.net/index.php?page=News&news=52
> (I did the hellish work so others won't have to... )
>
> - Stiletto

Yeah, I know them too yesterday I've got a couple ones from there to my collection. They have a HUGE database, unfortunately, they have a LOT of duplicated manuals, only with different archive names. A good clean up will reduce their amount of manuals by 1/3 of the current size...

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#271792 - 12/30/11 06:14 PM

> > > If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at
> > > arcarc.xmission.com soon.
> >
> >
> >
> > Be sure to double-check TAMDB.net to see if they have a copy yet or not. I've
> finally
> > figured out how to upload stuff to them too.
> > http://tamdb.net/index.php?page=News&news=52
> > (I did the hellish work so others won't have to... )
> >
> > - Stiletto
>
> Yeah, I know them too yesterday I've got a couple ones from there to my collection.
> They have a HUGE database, unfortunately, they have a LOT of duplicated manuals, only
> with different archive names. A good clean up will reduce their amount of manuals by
> 1/3 of the current size...

One of my goals of 2012 is a sanity check on everyone's (well, the major players) content so that this doesn't happen. Yes, that means I must temporarily take leave of my own to organize all that content... but others will benefit.

- Stiletto

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: Stiletto]
#271908 - 01/01/12 01:19 AM

And my goal is to provide new manual scans that I cannot find anywhere and to redo scans of color manuals that were scanned in b/w to save space (I want manuals to be scanned in the way they are - if it has colors on it, the colors should be preserved). Afterall, this is part of a faithful arcade documentation.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

#271976 - 01/02/12 06:33 AM

> No problem, I can wait
>
> By the way, if you find a Pit-Fighter Instruction Card while making the list, I would
> love to have that one scanned to complete my dedicated cab.
>
> If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at
> arcarc.xmission.com soon.
>
> Cheers,
> Roger.
>
>
> > Definitely possible. Give me until the end of the week, and I should have
> something.

Little longer. I forgot what weekend was coming up when originally posting =P

But I'm working on it now...

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: Mr. Do]
#272122 - 01/03/12 06:04 PM

> > No problem, I can wait
> >
> > By the way, if you find a Pit-Fighter Instruction Card while making the list, I
> would
> > love to have that one scanned to complete my dedicated cab.
> >
> > If someone here likes arcade manuals, I'm scanning some 'rare' ones to upload at
> > arcarc.xmission.com soon.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Roger.
> >
> >
> > > Definitely possible. Give me until the end of the week, and I should have
> > something.
>
>
> Little longer. I forgot what weekend was coming up when originally posting =P
>
> But I'm working on it now...

Hehe... nice! It means that we have a HUGE amount of good stuff in the background

For those interested, I've finished scanning some manuals not currently available anywhere (until now):

- D.D. Crew
- Blood Warrior
- Jackie Chan In Fists Of Fire
- Street Smart
- MACE The Dark Age

I'm scanning some more and will upload it soon to arcarc.xmission.com.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#272152 - 01/03/12 10:48 PM

Can you let AntoPISA know or share with him these manuals, so he can include with his collections?

http://www.progettosnaps.net/manuals.html

Many thanks for your work

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#272157 - 01/04/12 02:47 AM

Which rev are you running in your cab? I can send you chips to upgrade it to rev 9 if you want.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: To MrDO - List Request new [Re: Smitdogg]
#272190 - 01/04/12 01:30 PM

> Which rev are you running in your cab? I can send you chips to upgrade it to rev 9 if
> you want.

Hi Smitdogg,

In fact my game is running just fine, It's a rev 5 but in great conditions. The point here is that I can't dump it myself, that's why I've asked someone who has the proper dumping equipment and one PF board in good conditions to try to redump the gfx ROMS for MAME. By doing that, we'll know if the bug is really "bad dump" related or just an emulation issue that needs to be fixed in the code. But we'll know for sure!

BTW, thank you for the offer!

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Man... this is a lot of work... new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#272274 - 01/06/12 02:25 AM

> Hi Mr.DO,
>
> I'm looking for some items on eBay to buy and scan (for preservation purposes only,
> scanned' items in your collection, such as 100's of instruction cards and more.
>
> I'd like to request you (if possible) a txt list of all IC's you already have to
> scan, so I'm going to buy only those you don't have. This way, we can assure to have
> more items digitally preserved without spending money on repeated items. Is that

So I've got the 568 on my hard drive organized; now I need to go through the ones I have sitting here that need scanning.

Then... I'll have a list.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

Re: Man... this is a lot of work... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#272328 - 01/06/12 03:23 PM

> So I've got the 568 on my hard drive organized; now I need to go through the ones I
> have sitting here that need scanning.
>
> Then... I'll have a list.

WOW!! You have more items than I was expecting

Just keep going, you're doing well!!

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Man... this is a lot of work... new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#272385 - 01/07/12 07:36 AM

> > So I've got the 568 on my hard drive organized; now I need to go through the ones I
> > have sitting here that need scanning.
> >
> > Then... I'll have a list.
>
> WOW!! You have more items than I was expecting
>
> Just keep going, you're doing well!!

325 "need to scan"

I'm tired now... I'll post the list tomorrow.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Here you go... new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#272434 - 01/08/12 04:50 AM Attachment: instruction_card_list.txt 24 KB (6 downloads)

> Hi Mr.DO,
>
>

http://mrdo.mameworld.info/inst_card_wip.html

Text version also attached here.

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

Re: Here you go... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#272556 - 01/09/12 03:44 PM

Holy Sh*T. That's amazing.

I saw a few labeled as "unknown." Any benefit to posting images for identification?

> > Hi Mr.DO,
> >
> > I'm looking for some items on eBay to buy and scan (for preservation purposes only,
> > since I don't have any coin-op machine). And I know you have LOTS of 'not yet
> > scanned' items in your collection, such as 100's of instruction cards and more.
> >
> > I'd like to request you (if possible) a txt list of all IC's you already have to
> > scan, so I'm going to buy only those you don't have. This way, we can assure to
> have
> > more items digitally preserved without spending money on repeated items. Is that
> > possible to you to do such list?
>
>
> http://mrdo.mameworld.info/inst_card_wip.html
>
> Text version also attached here.

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

#272629 - 01/10/12 01:00 PM

> http://mrdo.mameworld.info/inst_card_wip.html
>
> Text version also attached here.

Holy Cow!!! I was about to buy lots of items you already have. Thank you Mr.DO for making such a BIG list for us, and now I can search for the ones that are not in that list.

BTW, I'd love that "dd_crew_inst_JPN.png". A raw no-retouched image is good enough for me

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Here you go... new [Re: R.Coltrane]
#273029 - 01/15/12 02:45 AM Attachment: dd_crew_inst_JPN.png 7294 KB (7 downloads)

> > http://mrdo.mameworld.info/inst_card_wip.html
> >
> > Text version also attached here.
>
> Holy Cow!!! I was about to buy lots of items you already have. Thank you Mr.DO for
> making such a BIG list for us, and now I can search for the ones that are not in that
> list.
>
> BTW, I'd love that "dd_crew_inst_JPN.png". A raw no-retouched image is good enough
> for me

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

R.Coltrane
MAME user since 0.11
Send PM

#273033 - 01/15/12 03:57 AM

WOW!! Thanks again Mr.DO! Very nice scan. Now I've to figure out what those japanese instructions mean Despite that, I think I know every move from this game already... they're not very difficult to pull off.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 614 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 4015