MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

/b/rewery
#271161 - 12/17/11 05:14 AM

Go to this brewery's web site: http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/
And then click "I AM UNDER 21" for lulz

Is there some law that US brewers need to ask you if you're 21 when you try to view their web sites? It's a pretty gay law if it's a real law, and the breweries are pretty gay if it isn't a real law. Last time I checked, reading a brewery's web site doesn't affect one's appetite for beer in either direction, and as I demonstrated, it's pretty easy to lie on a web form anyway.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: /b/rewery new [Re: Vas Crabb]
#271170 - 12/17/11 07:04 AM

> Go to this brewery's web site: http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/
> And then click "I AM UNDER 21" for lulz
>
> Is there some law that US brewers need to ask you if you're 21 when you try to view
> their web sites? It's a pretty gay law if it's a real law, and the breweries are
> pretty gay if it isn't a real law. Last time I checked, reading a brewery's web site
> doesn't affect one's appetite for beer in either direction, and as I demonstrated,
> it's pretty easy to lie on a web form anyway.

The web site is advertising, and there are some rather tortuous regulations.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

Re: /b/rewery new [Re: TriggerFin]
#271175 - 12/17/11 08:09 AM

> The web site is advertising, and there are some rather tortuous regulations.

When a beer ad comes on TV, does the TV ask if you're over 21? Do billboard ads for beer say "please look away if you're under 21" or some shit? You're not doing anything to convince me it isn't gayness for the sake of it.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#271176 - 12/17/11 08:23 AM

> Go to this brewery's web site: http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/
> And then click "I AM UNDER 21" for lulz
>
> Is there some law that US brewers need to ask you if you're 21 when you try to view
> their web sites? It's a pretty gay law if it's a real law, and the breweries are
> pretty gay if it isn't a real law. Last time I checked, reading a brewery's web site
> doesn't affect one's appetite for beer in either direction, and as I demonstrated,
> it's pretty easy to lie on a web form anyway.

On a related note, they have some interesting sounding beers. It's really amazing the ridiculous number of microbreweries operating in the US today. All jokes about American beer being shitty are basically null and void, because I can literally pour you 100 awesome beers that are all 100% made in the USA. It's hard to believe that 25 years ago there was basically no one but the major breweries.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#271178 - 12/17/11 08:29 AM

> > The web site is advertising, and there are some rather tortuous regulations.
>
> When a beer ad comes on TV, does the TV ask if you're over 21? Do billboard ads for
> beer say "please look away if you're under 21" or some shit? You're not doing
> anything to convince me it isn't gayness for the sake of it.

No, but TV ads are heavily restricted as to the time of day and the type of program with which they can be broadcast. They also have lots of silly rules about content, which is why most beer commercials are only peripherally related to beer.

I'm not even sure if billboards for alcohol are allowed anymore. I can't recall seeing one in a long time.

It's mostly silly, puritanical nonsense anyway, pushed through by politicians pandering to the "think of the children!" set.

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Send PM

Re: /b/rewery new [Re: DMala]
#271185 - 12/17/11 12:13 PM

> On a related note, they have some interesting sounding beers. It's really amazing the
> ridiculous number of microbreweries operating in the US today. All jokes about
> American beer being shitty are basically null and void, because I can literally pour
> you 100 awesome beers that are all 100% made in the USA. It's hard to believe that 25
> years ago there was basically no one but the major breweries.

It's much the same everywhere - there's some phenomenal shit that sells really well here (Vic Bitter, XXXX Gold, etc.) but the smaller outfits sell far more interesting beers.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1495