Pages: 1

Jdurgi
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

Getting A Rush From Killing Mice
#270639 - 12/10/11 12:04 PM

My home is invaded by mice. I'm up right now because I spent the evening out and about due to me having to cover every surface in my kitchen with bleach and disenfectant after catching a mouse in a trap on my countertop. I love these one hand set snap traps. Easy to set, easy to dispose of the carcass, and easy to fill with bait.

Anyway, I caught one earlier this week. Then, this evening, I was in the kitchen at night and saw one running around. I actually watched it go into the trap, get its neck snapped, and twitch for a few moments before it died. That's when the disinfectant was applied.

I came back home after the night out to see another mouse in the trap that I had re-set. Jdurgi = 3, Fucking Mice = 0. Two corpses. Gave me a sick exhilarating feeling.

Anyway, as I've sobered up, I was getting ready to head to bed for the evening when suddenly I heard a loud "SNAP!" followed by some small crackling. Could I have caught yet another? Yup. I've photographed all the corpses I've piled up, and eventually will put them into a presentation with Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" at some point just for my own sick pleasure. This last one, I photographed it once it stopped twitching for about an house, and didn't respond to any prodding. I emptied it out of the trap, re-baited the trap with peanut butter (mice seem to friggen love this stuff. Better than any other bait out there), then photographed the dead piece of shit. Jdurgi = 4, Mouse = 0.

Three fucking victims in one night. It's kind of scary getting such enjoyment out of this death camp. I have my own Mouseswchwitz here at my home. The only thing keeping me sane is the momentary sickness as I saw the one mouse twitch and die after its neck was snapped. Yet, that was truly momentary since once it stopped twitching, I felt like I had won the lottery.

Fatigue is finally kicking in and I'll be heading off to bed in a quick moment, but below you can see the latest victim from Jdurgi's mouse genocide. If I see a mouse, I will kill it. The disease carrying, structure destroying, filth spreading fucker can rot in hell. Every one that dies is like a dose of morphine to me. Makes me relaxed, makes me smile, makes me forget about my worries, and makes me enjoy being human.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Jdurgi
Regular
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: Jdurgi]
#270640 - 12/10/11 12:17 PM

In the photo up above, you can't see the belly of the mouse. It's a white bellied mouse, and the large eyes, tail, and ear basically classify it as a deer mouse. Just what I need as these things are notorious for causing disease. Below are just some of the disease these things are known to bring about:

Hantavirus
Lyme Disease
Ehrlichiosis
Babesiosis
Bubonic Plague

Wouldn't it be great to get one of those? Those are in addition to the salmonella and other GI affecting diseases these fuckers bring about.....

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#270649 - 12/10/11 05:18 PM

Every year it seems, once it starts getting cold... I notice my cat looking at things... Things that could conceal rodents. Like, underneath the stove. In my bathroom where I have a garden tub (It's too big to use) and he looks around near the floor by the panels that enclose the outside of that large tub.

I haven't seen any yet though. Maybe because I have 2 cats this year. Although, I thought I smelled something dead one time when I was cooking something in my oven. I don't know if one got in my stove some place inside where I can't get to or what. I don't think I want to know.

LEVEL-4

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

That's a lot of mice... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#270650 - 12/10/11 05:52 PM

> Every year it seems, once it starts getting cold... I notice my cat looking at
> things... Things that could conceal rodents. Like, underneath the stove. In my
> bathroom where I have a garden tub (It's too big to use) and he looks around near the
> floor by the panels that enclose the outside of that large tub.
>
> I haven't seen any yet though. Maybe because I have 2 cats this year. Although, I
> thought I smelled something dead one time when I was cooking something in my oven. I
> don't know if one got in my stove some place inside where I can't get to or what. I
> don't think I want to know.

Were do you people live that has that kind of rodent traffic? I have a zoo in my back yard with all the possum and skunks about, but I'm lucky to see one mouse a year. I don't think I've ever seen one in the house in 8 years.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#270652 - 12/10/11 06:49 PM

You need to get some pussy...
... cats : meow!

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: redk9258]
#270658 - 12/10/11 08:47 PM

> You need to get some pussy...
> ... cats : meow!

Joke or not, with the paranoia he has about "diseases" I doubt he needs any other animals at home. Of course, if black death had affected my country I'd probably be in the same position.

EDIT: New England and UK are totally different places and circumstances, silly me. OK, maybe he's just paranoid.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#270666 - 12/10/11 11:36 PM

This is also effective against various rodents. My problem was/is chipmunks burrowing under the porch and patio.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: That's a lot of mice... new [Re: italie]
#270667 - 12/10/11 11:38 PM

> Were do you people live that has that kind of rodent traffic? I have a zoo in my back
> yard with all the possum and skunks about, but I'm lucky to see one mouse a year. I
> don't think I've ever seen one in the house in 8 years.

Our house growing up backed onto a farm field, we had some mouse issues over the years.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#270670 - 12/11/11 12:20 AM

I'd start looking around for a food source if I were you. A few years ago I had a mousesplosion, caching 3-4 per day plus the ones my cat killed. I finally saw one go into a baseboard heater. I pulled it apart to see what was going on, and found it full of the corn-based "natural" cat litter we were using. The cat's litter box had basically become a mouse buffet. I threw all of that shit away, got some regular clay litter, killed off the rest of the mice, and the problem was gone in two days.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: DMala]
#270677 - 12/11/11 01:40 AM

> I threw all of that shit away,

LOL

Praxis
Prime Minister
Reged: 03/30/06
Loc: Great Britain
Send PM

#270683 - 12/11/11 02:55 AM

Good work! You've got a much better system than I had during mousa-geddon. When I moved into my barely habitable, rented East-end, London studio flat, every night, mice would be running around, getting into everything. Not good because it's basically a one room flat.

The pest control guy dropped off a stack of sticky mouse traps with the advice to whack them to death when they get stuck. He also told me that the whole area was infested because I lived next to 'Curry Mile', filled with Indian restaurants which all draw rodents to the area.

Being a sensitive type, it took a while to de-sensitive myself to whacking mice to death with a broom handle (it was the only thing I had available!), but eventually I mouse proofed the flat. A combination of strategic sticky trap placement, draft excluders and waste bin management (improvising again with cardboard over the top as a 'lid' and handing the big bag above the floor to stop the mice getting into it) have stopped them from reappearing.

All of which makes me wonder, what are these amazing traps that did nearly all the work for you? And did I needlessly suffer?

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: Praxis]
#270692 - 12/11/11 04:42 AM

> All of which makes me wonder, what are these amazing traps that did nearly all the
> work for you? And did I needlessly suffer?

I don't know what jdurgi used, but what I have are basically old school snap traps with a plastic cover. The mouse goes inside, steps on the trigger, and a spring-loaded bar snaps down and breaks its back, quick and painless. You just release the spring, give the trap a shake, and the corpse drops into the garbage can (photography optional).

The worst I ever had to deal with was when my cat caught a mouse a couple of months ago. He was declawed and had all four canines removed by a jackass previous owner, so he's not especially good at killing them. I found what I thought was a dead mouse in the middle of the guest room, but when I swept it up to get rid of it, it started thrashing around. I couldn't leave it to suffer and die slowly, so I ended up executing it with a hammer. I wouldn't say I lost any sleep over it, but it was a pretty traumatic experience nonetheless.

Bad A Billy
Oop Ack!
Reged: 12/27/07
Loc: Outland
Send PM

#270693 - 12/11/11 05:51 AM

Quick story about stickem traps:

During college I worked at a local amusement park warehouse during the off season. Had to bring food products back to return for credits. Landscaping guys had gone around laying out traps all over the place the night before. Go in one stand and this trap is full, 2 big and like 6-8 young ones. Squealing . Guy with me feels sorry for them so he's gonna put 'em out their misery right? We turn around and start to yell "Don't!" at him but it's too late. Now he has a full trap of screaming half dead mice stuck to his work boot. He's hopping around on 1 foot yelling, the mice are screaming like banshees and we are laughing our asses off... Takes quit awhile to clean that gunk off of stuff. Lesson learned, the hard way.

Later...

Pessimist: Oh, this can't get any worse!
Optimist: Yes, it can!

Vas Crabb
BOFH
Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: BIOS-D]
#270702 - 12/11/11 09:10 AM

> > You need to get some pussy...
> > ... cats : meow!
>
> Joke or not, with the paranoia he has about "diseases" I doubt he needs any other
> animals at home. Of course, if black death had affected my country I'd probably be in
> the same position.
>
> EDIT: New England and UK are totally different places and circumstances, silly me.
> OK, maybe he's just paranoid.

US still has regular cases of bubonic plague because it's harboured by prairie dogs. It isn't the killer it once was - modern medicine can handle it easily. (IIRC western China also has occasional cases of bubonic plague because it's carried by giant gerbils._

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: That's a lot of mice... new [Re: italie]
#270712 - 12/11/11 12:45 PM

> Where do you people live that has that kind of rodent traffic? I have a zoo in my back
> yard with all the possum and skunks about, but I'm lucky to see one mouse a year. I
> don't think I've ever seen one in the house in 8 years.

I live "out in the country" -as they say. And that's really the only time I ever see any -when it starts to get really cold out. Actually, I haven't seen any this year. Although, when I was getting ready for work tonight I had noticed some kind of noise coming from my floor vent in my bedroom. But I'm not sure what it could've been. There was a bit of cool breeze too. That might be a problem. But anyway...

I would never say I've had anything like an infestation. Just 2 or 3 mice... But those were what I caught in the traps I set out. After that there wasn't any other sign (or sound) of them. And winter continued on.

Speaking of infestations... My yard has bit of a problem with moles.

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: DMala]
#270713 - 12/11/11 12:53 PM

> The worst I ever had to deal with was when my cat caught a mouse a couple of months
> ago. He was declawed and had all four canines removed by a jackass previous owner, so
> he's not especially good at killing them. I found what I thought was a dead mouse in
> the middle of the guest room, but when I swept it up to get rid of it, it started
> thrashing around. I couldn't leave it to suffer and die slowly, so I ended up
> executing it with a hammer. I wouldn't say I lost any sleep over it, but it was a
> pretty traumatic experience nonetheless.

At my parents house a number of years back they had caught a mouse in a sticky trap. It was still alive... So my mother had me take it out to stomp on it. I placed it on a tree stump. There was snow outside... When I went to stomp on it I guess I didn't hit it directly... It's skin was torn off of it's head and you could see it's skull/scalp. It was still alive.

I stomped it again, but boy did that make me feel bad.

LEVEL-4

Jdurgi
Regular
Send PM

Re: Getting A Rush From Killing Mice new [Re: Praxis]
#270764 - 12/12/11 08:40 AM

Since my posting last time, I've only caught one more. However, the noise in my walls has stopped and I no longer see droppings all over the place. The traps I use are made by some company named "TomCat". (Snap-Trap. They are like bear claws and are easy to set, and easy to empty.

To catch the mice, I use peanut butter. They LOVE it. Whenever I use it, I get a ton of mice. Apparently, they want the fat and protein in there. Now these traps are a bit tempermental as I've snapped off many toothpicks while trying to set them, and it's difficult to get the PB on the trigger while the trap is not set. Also, when setting the trap, it's fairly sensitive so you need to be careful when putting it in place.

Just remember to put the trap perpendicular to the wall. E.G. make the open end touch the wall so that no matter what direction the fucker comes from, you can get it. These things are incredible and well worth the $4 or so I paid for the two.

Praxis
Prime Minister
Reged: 03/30/06
Loc: Great Britain
Send PM

#270772 - 12/12/11 04:03 PM

Thanks for the reply!
Yes, those traps would have been ideal. Never seen them on sale over here, though.

You're absolutely right about the importance of trap placement. For the sticky traps, that meant lining them up in rows along the washing machine, cooker etc. so that no matter what direction or angle they try, they get stuck.

Interestingly, I had been putting peanut butter on the sticky traps to lure the mice on to them, but the pest control guy recommended against it. His logic being, why needlessly draw them into the flat. My thinking being, kill them all.

They do love anything nutty. The worst and cheekiest thing they ever managed here, was to climb up my coat which was hanging up, and then climb from there onto my food shelves where they nibbled into a Mr Tom peanut brittle bar and, for some reason, a packet of pork scratchings (rinds)! That was a mess to clean up.

Two and half years since the last mouse got caught, and my sticky mouse traps are still on the floor, but covered with dirt, dust and fluff.

It's been fun reading everyone else's experience in trying to kill the damned things!

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

#270774 - 12/12/11 04:55 PM

The home owners before me clearly had a mouse problem as I found droppings in all sorts of places and saw that they threw out tons of boxed foods (snacks, crackers, etc) that had clear evidence of mice chewing through the boxes.

I inspected every inch of my house for entry points then spackled and cemented, filling in any little gap. Boxed foods are kept in high cabinets with no entry points or stored in plastic containers.

There have been zero mice and no further evidence of droppings. And if any unlucky rodent made its way inside, it'd have two fit girl cats with sharp claws with which to contend.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 374 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1948