MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

ME, jealous...? nah...
#270566 - 12/09/11 04:45 PM

http://www.thebasementarcade.com/gameroom.htm

Wow, love the way that guy repaired and fixed all these gems, the way he decorated his basement with flyers, arcade marquees, old 80's neons, etc...

K.. I'm jealous...

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... new [Re: MAMu_]
#270581 - 12/09/11 06:58 PM

You have a good reason to be. WOW! Really nice.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#270583 - 12/09/11 07:07 PM

When can I come over?
I will bring the Beer & food

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#270585 - 12/09/11 07:30 PM

> http://www.thebasementarcade.com/gameroom.htm

That's an amazing setup. All the machines are in incredible condition, at least visually, and there's even a bar with one of those touchscreen things.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#270588 - 12/09/11 07:50 PM

>
> Wow, love the way that guy repaired and fixed all these gems, the way he decorated
> his basement with flyers, arcade marquees, old 80's neons, etc...
>
> K.. I'm jealous...

It would be nice to visit, but I don't envy him having to keep all those games working.

I've been lucky to visit other peoples collections, which aren't as well presented but have more or less the same number of games & there is always something to fix.

Which is why alot of cabinets have had PC's and modern monitors put in them. Especially in public exhibitions where they have to work for weeks at a time and then survive travelling.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... new [Re: ]
#270592 - 12/09/11 08:43 PM

> Which is why alot of cabinets have had PC's and modern monitors put in them.

What a disturbing trend but I see it all the time.
LCDs won't natively run these low resolutions, of course, so the picture is bastardized, blurry and even jagged. Most of the super deluxe (motion) Daytona USA's I see out there have been retrofitted with flat panels. Ugly, distorted and washed out. If only they realized their monitors could be re-tubed, soup to nuts, for $99.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#270606 - 12/10/11 01:02 AM Attachment: 4.jpg 114 KB (1 downloads)

is that super mario bros bezel real cause ive never seen one.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

#270630 - 12/10/11 08:15 AM

Great. Not enough room for the pool table, though. It should be the only thing in the middle of that horizontal space.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Trebor
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#270648 - 12/10/11 04:30 PM

I'm amazed at the quality those cabinets appear to be in. They seem to be in pristine condition.

That's a labor of love. It must take a good deal of work to maintain; but if you have the time, money, and space, it is an awesome thing to own and display.

Label me super jealous. I am impressed at the collection and setup.

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... new [Re: Trebor]
#270669 - 12/11/11 12:09 AM

Indeed this collection is phenomenal. As said above though, lots of work required to keep it in tip top shape.

Damn I wish we could go back in time to the 1990's era

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... new [Re: Outrun2006]
#270688 - 12/11/11 03:42 AM

I see he has a Vs. Super Mario Bros. Those are pretty rare aren't they?

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

#270698 - 12/11/11 08:20 AM

> Indeed this collection is phenomenal. As said above though, lots of work required to
> keep it in tip top shape.
>
> Damn I wish we could go back in time to the 1990's era

Ahem. 80s.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... new [Re: mogli]
#270747 - 12/12/11 01:15 AM

> > Indeed this collection is phenomenal. As said above though, lots of work required
> to
> > keep it in tip top shape.
> >
> > Damn I wish we could go back in time to the 1990's era
>
> Ahem. 80s.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

90's>>80's brah

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

Re: ME, jealous...? nah... answer from Jeremy :) new [Re: MAMu_]
#270767 - 12/12/11 12:00 PM

>
> Wow, love the way that guy repaired and fixed all these gems, the way he decorated
> his basement with flyers, arcade marquees, old 80's neons, etc...
>
> K.. I'm jealous...

I couldn't resist to write to Jeremy, the webmaster and basement owner, to tell him how much I was impressed, and what a wonderfull work he had done by fixing all these cabs, and how my poor and only cab looked alone in my living room compared to him, here's his very nice answer, should please some people here :

"Thank you for reaching out and the compliments. If you aren't already aware, there are some cool gamerooms and road trips of european collectors over at http://www.dragonslairfans.com/ . They have some good sources if you were interested in acquiring another cab or two. There is also a larger community which I belong to over at http://forums.arcade-museum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 .

Thank you for any contributions you have made to the Mame project over the years. My beginnings started with Mame back when it was only 60 games or something in the mid to late 90's. I built a stand alone control panel back then to play Mame, then custom built a cabinet to put it into eventually. From there, I "discovered" that I could buy the real deal for a reasonable price, which started off my first 2 arcade games that I owned. AND all the thanks goes to Mame, for kickstarting my youth again.

Also there is nothing wrong with small beginnings and living rooms. Just an FYI, I started off with my Mame cab and 2 games in a mobile home. I'm not even sure if you have those things in Europe. Then I moved to an apartment. Then I moved to a medium sized home, and now the larger home with my dream gameroom. You have to start somewhere.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Jeremy"

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

#271055 - 12/16/11 07:17 AM

> > > Indeed this collection is phenomenal. As said above though, lots of work required
> > to
> > > keep it in tip top shape.
> > >
> > > Damn I wish we could go back in time to the 1990's era
> >
> > Ahem. 80s.
>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
> 90's>>80's brah

Tweren't

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 545 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2148