MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

need some help with MAME buttons please......
#269622 - 11/26/11 11:15 PM

I'm checking out a program someone told me about which is called Coinfx.It's a program for coin sounds such as when you press an insert coin button (5) by default a sound will be heard as if you are inserting a quarter.its really neat but I'm trying to get it exact.What I need to do is first press the button -sound is heard -then mame registers the credit .my question is how do I delay mames coin insert button presses long enough for the sound to be heard first then register as a credit? By the way it also can play arcade ambience.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#269623 - 11/26/11 11:23 PM

> I'm checking out a program someone told me about which is called Coinfx.It's a
> program for coin sounds such as when you press an insert coin button (5) by default a
> sound will be heard as if you are inserting a quarter.its really neat but I'm trying
> to get it exact.What I need to do is first press the button -sound is heard -then
> mame registers the credit .my question is how do I delay mames coin insert button
> presses long enough for the sound to be heard first then register as a credit? By the
> way it also can play arcade ambience.

That won't be in mame... and may I ask... what is the problem? I mean by my assumption you have a mamecab or desktop PC and thus would be looking at the screen regardless, you be waiting for nothing really.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: Naoki]
#269624 - 11/26/11 11:26 PM

The sound doesnt seem to fit in without the delay I need. Is there a program that can delay a button press to make the coin insertion sound more real?

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#269625 - 11/26/11 11:32 PM

get some kind soul from the Mame Compiling Board to do a custom compile for you (ie. a change in the mame source to delay a number of seconds when someone presses '5' in mame (enter coin)

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: grog]
#269626 - 11/26/11 11:37 PM

> get some kind soul from the Mame Compiling Board to do a custom compile for you (ie.
> a change in the mame source to delay a number of seconds when someone presses '5' in
> mame (enter coin)
Is there such a thing?
OK. thanks.

grog
Reged: 09/06/11
Send PM

#269627 - 11/26/11 11:43 PM

sorry i dont have a better suggestion, it sounds like a tricky problem (but easy if u can modify mame code/compile...)

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=compiling

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#269629 - 11/26/11 11:48 PM

> > get some kind soul from the Mame Compiling Board to do a custom compile for you
> (ie.
> > a change in the mame source to delay a number of seconds when someone presses '5'
> in
> > mame (enter coin)
> Is there such a thing?
> OK. thanks.

I'll be completely honest.. I do not think that anyone will directly help you with that here - perhaps at BYOAC, but here anything to do with coin functions being modified, delayed or adjusted I think falls under the whole 'coin mech' discussion, regardless of intent (Rule #9). Such adjustments you are asking about could be used to facilitate those things.

I am not the final say at all - just trying to advise.

Besides, back in the heyday's of arcades in the 80's you likely did not hear the coins drop anyway. Either the arcade had music blaring, games nearby drowning out all the small sounds, or the hopper was pretty full and there was insufficient area for the coin to drop against the coin box.
Despite that, I can understand the desire to have it this additional 'effect', though.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: Tafoid]
#269633 - 11/27/11 12:40 AM

Sorry. I didnt realize it fell under that rule since its only due to a program problem. But I see what you mean. Ok. Case closed. I'm gonna leave it at that.Thank you Tafoid.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#269634 - 11/27/11 01:06 AM

> The sound doesnt seem to fit in without the delay I need. Is there a program that can
> delay a button press to make the coin insertion sound more real?

There is no real way to do this, each game's credit counter/sound/display code is hard coded into the ROMs themselves. MAME doesn't handle this at all.

This is sort of off-topic, but the Tekken 2 (Ver.A) machine I used to play back in 1997 never registered credits directly. When you inserted coins, the 1P/2P button lights under the monitor would turn on, and you would then have to press the second button (on your side) to add credits to the game, then the first button which was just the 1P start button. I have never seen another arcade like it, even with other Tekken 2 cabinets; although, I have never seen another Tekken 2 Ver.A since that machine (the rest were Ver.B).

The cabinet had four rectangular buttons directly under the monitor (e.g. facing you), not on the actual control panel. The cabinet was a generic one, with just the 4 buttons per player as Tekken requires (it was not a SF/MK conversion). The Tekken 2 cabinet pics on the net are basically all the same, and they have artwork under the monitor where the buttons were on this cabinet. I have never seen a cabinet like it since (the bowling alley got rid of it in 1999, swapping the game, cabinet and all, with SF Zero 2).

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#269636 - 11/27/11 01:45 AM

> > The sound doesnt seem to fit in without the delay I need. Is there a program that
> can
> > delay a button press to make the coin insertion sound more real?
>
> There is no real way to do this, each game's credit counter/sound/display code is
> hard coded into the ROMs themselves. MAME doesn't handle this at all.
>
> This is sort of off-topic, but the Tekken 2 (Ver.A) machine I used to play back in
> 1997 never registered credits directly. When you inserted coins, the 1P/2P button
> lights under the monitor would turn on, and you would then have to press the second
> button (on your side) to add credits to the game, then the first button which was
> just the 1P start button. I have never seen another arcade like it, even with other
> Tekken 2 cabinets; although, I have never seen another Tekken 2 Ver.A since that
> machine (the rest were Ver.B).
>
> The cabinet had four rectangular buttons directly under the monitor (e.g. facing
> you), not on the actual control panel. The cabinet was a generic one, with just the 4
> buttons per player as Tekken requires (it was not a SF/MK conversion). The Tekken 2
> cabinet pics on the net are basically all the same, and they have artwork under the
> monitor where the buttons were on this cabinet. I have never seen a cabinet like it
> since (the bowling alley got rid of it in 1999, swapping the game, cabinet and all,
> with SF Zero 2).

Some versions of Time Crisis 3 I've seen are exactly like that, including TC2 come to think of it. I think the Sega Rally 1/2 game I played on holiday once was the same.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: need some help with MAME buttons please...... new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#269642 - 11/27/11 02:51 AM

I love your webpage by the way. Its great. I'm a huge Tekken fan.If you have any fun facts about Tekken, I would love to know some. my Fav Tekken is Tekken 5 for the ps2 because it has the unlockable Tekken arcade games 1-3.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#269755 - 11/28/11 09:59 AM

> I love your webpage by the way. Its great. I'm a huge Tekken fan.If you have any fun
> facts about Tekken, I would love to know some. my Fav Tekken is Tekken 5 for the ps2
> because it has the unlockable Tekken arcade games 1-3.

I haven't updated the site in a long time, I was in the middle of doing a major overhaul to the site in 2004, only to end up with a fried power supply on my PC. Unfortunately, my offline site backup was still in the My Documents area, and I never copied this across prior to formatting the hard disk in 2005. By that stage, the Wiki phase was everywhere and the site had become redundant. The reason for making the site in the first place was as well as an image/video archive, however Tripod dropped the free web space from 50MB to a paltry 20MB, and I could no longer put up ending/juggle videos (note that YouTube wasn't even around back then). I have now moved to Tekkenpedia, and will merge as much from the old site to there as possible (ironically, I found quite a few of 'my' images already there prior to signing up!).

Tekken 5 is also my top game (aside from Tekken Tag) for that exact reason - the arcade ports; I don't like Tekken 5 itself, I find the rubber band AI too frustrating, as well as Jinpachi (if only they had released 5.1 on the PS2 it may have been better...). It's a pity Namco skimped on the arcade versions' sound effects though, all they did was copy and paste the PlayStation sounds for the 3 arcade ports, and there are a few sound bugs.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 268 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1316