View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Man, what a rotten turkey day
#269505 - 11/25/11 02:08 AM

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No gifts to get, and you get to eat, drink, watch football with the family and just be lazy. About an hour before the food is ready, I start feeling queasy, and a bit late and im in the bathroom puking. Then the onset of a migrane headache and right before the food is served and I'm crippled with a full on migraine.

Happy turkey day everyone...I'm off to bed

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Man, what a rotten turkey day new [Re: Hizzout]
#269507 - 11/25/11 04:41 AM

Sorry to hear that. Mine was good until I pulled the bird outta the fridge and hurt my lower back in the process. Just felt an electrical shock at the base of my spine. Was hunched over the rest of the day. Now they're talking about getting up at four in the morning to catch some deals. They'll be lucky if I can even get outta bed.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Just farking weird. new [Re: Hizzout]
#269509 - 11/25/11 04:49 AM

> Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No gifts to get, and you get to eat, drink,
> watch football with the family and just be lazy. About an hour before the food is
> ready, I start feeling queasy, and a bit late and im in the bathroom puking. Then the
> onset of a migrane headache and right before the food is served and I'm crippled with
> a full on migraine.
>
> Happy turkey day everyone...I'm off to bed

4-ish Chicago time I had to take 2 Excedrin migraine for wicked bad head pain. Plowed through the pain with some beer.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Man, what a rotten turkey day new [Re: Andrew]
#269512 - 11/25/11 05:39 AM

> Sorry to hear that. Mine was good until I pulled the bird outta the fridge and hurt
> my lower back in the process. Just felt an electrical shock at the base of my spine.
> Was hunched over the rest of the day. Now they're talking about getting up at four in
> the morning to catch some deals. They'll be lucky if I can even get outta bed.

Ugh, I'm good for that about twice a year. Feels like a knife stab between the shoulder blades, I'm miserable for 48-72 hours, then it goes away. The worst is a lot of the time it's a delayed reaction. About 6 months ago, I moved a CRT TV. I lifted it properly, no problems at all. A few hours later, I'm coming out of Staples with a ream of paper and it hits me, bad. It took everything I had to cross the parking lot and make it to the car.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#269513 - 11/25/11 05:41 AM

> Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. No gifts to get, and you get to eat, drink,
> watch football with the family and just be lazy. About an hour before the food is
> ready, I start feeling queasy, and a bit late and im in the bathroom puking. Then the
> onset of a migrane headache and right before the food is served and I'm crippled with
> a full on migraine.
>
> Happy turkey day everyone...I'm off to bed

That sucks, dude. I always liked Thanksgiving for the same reason. You should get a re-do... pick some random weekend, get everyone together, do the bird, all the fixings, the whole nine yards.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Tomorrow will be better... new [Re: Hizzout]
#269516 - 11/25/11 07:22 AM

Quote:

Happy turkey day everyone...I'm off to bed

“What day is it?"
"It's today," squeaked Piglet.
"My favorite day," said Pooh.

StevieWunderful
Reged: 11/19/04
Loc: NY
Send PM

#269533 - 11/25/11 12:14 PM

You might have started to get a Dairy intolerance.

If I eat dairy, it gives me a wicked migraine. I also get phlegmmy, coughing it up from my throat for some time. I know others that get sick to their stomach and puke from it.

I also have a wheat allergy (gluten allergy - Celiac Disease), as so drinking beer would shut down the intestine, stopping it from absorbing the dairy, thus ridding the migraine, but would also stop any good nutrients from getting into my system.

Try drinking a full glass of milk on an empty stomach on a day your feeling good, and see if the migraine re-occurs, and or you feel sick to your stomach. Also note if you get that froggy phlem in your throat after eating dairy.

Guten allergy is much harder to figure out, because its more subtle, and accumulative..and the test for it are not very accurate.

URherenow
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Japan
Send PM

How do you think the TURKEYS feel? new [Re: Hizzout]
#269562 - 11/26/11 12:48 AM

Hope everyone had a happy day of headless turkeys

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

Hizzout
Send PM

So it's YOUR fault new [Re: italie]
#269571 - 11/26/11 04:48 AM

I haven't had a migraine in years. Back in high school I used to get several a week, to the point I had to get a CT scan but nothing was ever found (queue Orc insult here). Just a shame it happened just right before eating all that good food.

I had left overs tonight but it's just not the same.

Hizzout
Send PM

Re: Man, what a rotten turkey day new [Re: StevieWunderful]
#269572 - 11/26/11 04:51 AM

I used to have migraines a lot as a teen, but haven't had one in years.

My wife and her whole side of the family has been found to be gluten intolerant. Not full blown celiac but me and my kids are now eating gluten free for the most part as well. The food is getting better tasting now that more attention is paid to the dietary need. In my local supermarket, many of the products are marked as gluten free now.

I haven't been tested for a gluten allergy but I also haven't experienced any of the symptoms that my wife and her family has had for years so I think I'm in the clear.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: So it's YOUR fault new [Re: Hizzout]
#269577 - 11/26/11 06:00 AM

> I haven't had a migraine in years. Back in high school I used to get several a week,
> to the point I had to get a CT scan but nothing was ever found (queue Orc insult
> here). Just a shame it happened just right before eating all that good food.
>
> I had left overs tonight but it's just not the same.

I'm cooking a turkey tomorrow (long story), and I'll save you a place if you want. I cook a mean turkey.

//6AM out of the circus tent lands here in plenty of time to play with arcades until the bird is done. $500 and change in airfare is worth a free meal right?

PokeMAME
Gotta catch 'em all!
Loc: San Antonio, TX
Send PM

#269598 - 11/26/11 05:00 PM

I know exactly how you feel.
Two years ago we had visitors in from Chicago for Thanksgiving weekend.
Wednesday before Thanksgiving we went to the RiverWalk.
I ate all the same stuff as everyone else until the evening.
We were in the Republic of Texas on the river and I was the only one who had the tortilla soup.
That night it was coming out of both ends, I didn't know whether to sit or kneel!?!?!?!
I couldn't/didn't eat for two or three days.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 103 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1475