MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

More MAME Samples Other Than Twisty's
#269423 - 11/24/11 03:09 AM

Are there any other MAME Samples available other than Twisty's?

If so, what website can they be found at?

There are some games that could really use them. An example would be the game, "No Man's Land". There's no sound when firing your weapon, nor when you explode enemy tanks. The only sound in that game is at the introduction for a few seconds and that's it.

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: More MAME Samples Other Than Twisty's new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#269424 - 11/24/11 03:28 AM

If a real sample was recorded, it's available at twisty's. Unless you can program, there is nothing you can do to add sound to that game. From the source...
..."No Man's Land (Gottlieb)", GAME_IMPERFECT_SOUND | GAME_SUPPORTS_SAVE...

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: More MAME Samples Other Than Twisty's new [Re: redk9258]
#269429 - 11/24/11 03:59 AM

Ok, thanks for the reply.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

#269430 - 11/24/11 04:01 AM

Will "Super Bubble 2003" ever have sound? It's been without sound for years, so I was curious if sound will ever be added to this game?

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Your kidding right? new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#269432 - 11/24/11 04:30 AM Attachment: samples.png 54 KB (0 downloads)

> Are there any other MAME Samples available other than Twisty's?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#269438 - 11/24/11 05:10 AM

"Super Bubble 2003 (World, Ver 1.0)", GAME_NO_SOUND

It's known that there is no sound. It hasn't been emulated yet. I'm not sure why. Maybe it needs something decapped or something is encrypted.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#269443 - 11/24/11 05:25 AM

> "Super Bubble 2003 (World, Ver 1.0)", GAME_NO_SOUND
>
> It's known that there is no sound. It hasn't been emulated yet. I'm not sure why.
> Maybe it needs something decapped or something is encrypted.

There are a number of places you can check for information if you are unsure precisely what an issue is.

Usually, the best first place to look is in the driver for the game. Often at the top of the file there are notes concerning the emulation status, TODO or 'missing' texts.

Secondly, MAMEDEV attempts to maintain a publicly viewable wiki explaining such things. Few people even attempt to look in MAMEDEV for answers when most of them are on site, such as the Documentation WIKI: http://mamedev.org/devwiki/index.php/Main_Page
The "Non-Working Driver" section lists by game or driver known issues explaining why a game has certain flag(s) set.

You can also check MAMEINFO.DAT (maintained by M.A.S.H.) which is updated every release. Generally if it's a known problem issue, it's listed in there. This is the same data that displays at MAWS.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: More MAME Samples Other Than Twisty's new [Re: Tafoid]
#269447 - 11/24/11 07:33 AM

Yes I know about all that. I spent/spend hours reading MAME FAQ and games' info.dat, history.dat, and MAWS.com.

But my question was how come the sound has not been implemented in Super Bubble 2003? Meaning, why hasn't it been added? I'm curious what's up with that issue and when do you think the sound will finally be added to that game? What's the status of that issue? Is it currently being worked on? What's preventing this issue from getting fixed.
ETC....

I don't think that issue is being worked on because I don't see it on any of the MAME dev WIP websites. Is there a reason why it's still not being worked on?

I'm not complaining or anything like that, I'm just curious what's up.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#269449 - 11/24/11 08:14 AM

> Yes I know about all that. I spent/spend hours reading MAME FAQ and games' info.dat,
> history.dat, and MAWS.com.
>
> But my question was how come the sound has not been implemented in Super Bubble 2003?
> Meaning, why hasn't it been added? I'm curious what's up with that issue and when do
> you think the sound will finally be added to that game? What's the status of that
> issue? Is it currently being worked on? What's preventing this issue from getting
> fixed.
> ETC....
>
> I don't think that issue is being worked on because I don't see it on any of the MAME
> dev WIP websites. Is there a reason why it's still not being worked on?
>
> I'm not complaining or anything like that, I'm just curious what's up.

I didn't know either, so I researched. Look up the game on MAWS:

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/index_search.php?search_text=super+bubble+2003&page=

Click on the driver for the game:

http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/driverinfo/limenko.c

Click on the driver @ mamedev.org:

http://mamedev.org/source/src/mame/drivers/limenko.c.html

Lines 20-21:

20 To Do:
21 - QDSP QS1000 sound core

Google "QDSP QS1000 sound core":

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&am...62&bih=1155

Second link is a to this MAMEWorld thread:

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...amp;o=&vc=1

Found my answer. Took me longer to type this thread than do the search (though my google-fu is strong; not Stiletto ninja-type levels, but getting better).

Point of this post: when something isn't working, you can almost always find what you want to know by starting at the MAME driver, and going from there.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: More MAME Samples Other Than Twisty's new [Re: Mr. Do]
#269450 - 11/24/11 08:42 AM

So with my limited knowledge, my understanding of those readings is that the lack of sound in Super Bubble 2003 is basically not going to get fixed anytime in the foreseeable future because of these 3 reasons:

Quote:

Stiletto: I've already been down this road years ago, even contacting HWASS/Altonics and ZOOM, to no avail. The documentation, when available, has not been useful.

Phil Bennett: A data sheet is available, but it is nowhere near complete as far as I recall.

R. Belmont: The datasheet doesn't provide any low-level programming information.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 407 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2345