Pages: 1

jclampy
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/16/11
Send PM

How is NEO GEO stretching done?
#268698 - 11/16/11 06:02 AM

Hi,

I am interested in what .lay file commands would give the effect of stretching a game image to fill the screen the same way that the NEO GEO '304x224 stretched' setting under MAME 'video options' in game menu does.

I had a quick look in the latest MAME source .zip file but couldn't find the file with the settings.

Can anyone tell me what the .lay file looks like that is doing this 'stretching'.

Thanks,
JClampy

Read about my latest custom HLSL setup here;
http://gamingnos.blogspot.com/

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: How is NEO GEO stretching done? new [Re: jclampy]
#268699 - 11/16/11 06:18 AM Attachment: neogeo.lay 1 KB (21 downloads)

see attached

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

jclampy
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/16/11
Send PM

Can this be converted over? *DONE* new [Re: krick]
#268705 - 11/16/11 06:44 AM

Hi Krick,

Thankyou very much, that should do nicely.

Edit1:
Oh no, my existing .lay file setup is using bounds x & y & width & height. Does anyone know how to convert this over to that?

bounds left="-0.105263" top="0" right="4.105263" bottom="3"

Edit2:
In the meantime or just incase that can't be done, I think I might have converted my old existing .lay file over to the left/top/right/bottom setup instead. Appears to work at the moment although time will tell.

Edit3:
Although my conversion mentioned in Edit2 worked perfectly, I have also figured out how to swap between formats as asked in Edit1. For anyone that might read this the answer is here:
bounds x="-34" y="0" width="1348" height="960"

Looks quite simple in hindsight, considering I had previously created my own custom border artwork for some NEO GEO games. I assume being allowed to use negative numbers is what I didn't know. Also if anyone wonders why I put '-34' instead of
'-32', that is because some NEO GEO games have a pretty rough border down their lower sides (Metal Slug 1 being one of the more well known ones). Putting '-34' cleans all NEO GEO games bordering up nicely.

Edited by jclampy (11/20/11 10:05 AM)

Read about my latest custom HLSL setup here;
http://gamingnos.blogspot.com/

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> MAME Artwork: Official
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Mr. Do 
0 registered and 162 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3362