MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

METRODUCK
Regular
Reged: 09/22/03
Send PM

Dr. Conrad Murray Found Guilty of Involuntary Manslaughter of Michael Jackson Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/enterta
#268172 - 11/07/11 11:31 PM

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/201...ichael-jackson/

Hats off to Tessa west 6/13/1981 -7/11/09

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: METRODUCK]
#268174 - 11/08/11 01:43 AM

I'm glad the man didn't walk out of the court.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

hmmmmmm
MAME Fan
Reged: 02/27/08
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: Dullaron]
#268176 - 11/08/11 02:31 AM

Wait this is from FOX News...

Dislike'm

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: Dullaron]
#268181 - 11/08/11 05:04 AM

> I'm glad the man didn't walk out of the court.

It definitely seems like the right verdict from everything I've seen. What struck me the most while watching the Dateline story on this was that this guy was collecting $150,000 a month to keep a (physically) healthy 50-year-old man alive and functional for six months and he failed. It seems like there is no way that could not rise to some sort of criminal negligence.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: DMala]
#268182 - 11/08/11 05:27 AM

> What struck me
> the most while watching the Dateline story on this was that this guy was collecting
> $150,000 a month to keep a (physically) healthy 50-year-old man alive and functional
> for six months and he failed.

He never got paid, apparently Jackson hadn't signed the contract.

S

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: Sune]
#268187 - 11/08/11 07:23 AM

> He never got paid, apparently Jackson hadn't signed the contract.

The point being that he was working on the promise of exorbitant sums of money, supplying dangerous sedatives to a man who was known to have substance abuse problems. It should have been against the better judgement of a first-year medical student, let alone a trained cardiologist.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: DMala]
#268188 - 11/08/11 07:30 AM

I haven't paid any attention to the case but if Michael Jackson wants prescription pills and a doctor won't give them to him he just goes to another one. That isn't to say this doctor should have thought of that and still said fuck it I'll still give them to him, but it is to say if he would have refused, another doctor would probably be getting sued right now.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: About time. This could've been another OJ case. new [Re: Smitdogg]
#268191 - 11/08/11 10:03 AM

> I haven't paid any attention to the case but if Michael Jackson wants prescription
> pills and a doctor won't give them to him he just goes to another one. That isn't to
> say this doctor should have thought of that and still said fuck it I'll still give
> them to him, but it is to say if he would have refused, another doctor would probably
> be getting sued right now.

That's totally true, from the linked article:

"Craving sleep, Jackson had searched for a doctor who would give him the intravenous anesthetic that Jackson called his "milk" and believed to be his salvation. Other medical professionals turned him down, according to trial testimony.

Murray gave up his practices in Houston and Las Vegas and agreed to travel with Jackson and work as his personal physician indefinitely.

For six weeks, as Jackson undertook strenuous rehearsals, Murray infused him with propofol every night, the doctor told police. He later tried to wean Jackson from the drug because he feared he was becoming addicted."

If not him, sooner or later Michael Jackson would had gotten whatever he wanted from someone else. He's not the only professional in the world being called for money or quitting professional practices in order to do so.

As much as I like Michael Jackson's music, he dug his own grave.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 131 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1346