Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Piling up points at the PHoF
#268136 - 11/07/11 07:04 AM

http://www.zdnet.com/photos/gallery-piling-up-points-at-the-pinball-hall-of-fame/6223023

Nice collection. Never saw a Paddle Baddle (sic) before.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Piling up points at the PHoF new [Re: Andrew]
#268137 - 11/07/11 07:34 AM

> http://www.zdnet.com/photos/gallery-piling-up-points-at-the-pinball-hall-of-fame/6223023
>
> Nice collection. Never saw a Paddle Baddle (sic) before.

I was there about 5 years ago (Good grief, has it really been that long already?). At the time it had plate glass windows with kind of cool pinball graphics... it looks like those have been bricked over or blocked off? It's even more nondescript now, but even back then you'd drive right by it if you didn't know what you were looking for.

It was easily the most fun per dollar spent of anything we did in Vegas. We were there an entire afternoon and probably only spent about $20. I remember the condition of most of the machines was remarkable, more like a private collection than a public arcade. It looks like they've expanded their arcade collection, when I was there they had a handful of machines, but nothing especially rare or unusual.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: Piling up points at the PHoF new [Re: Andrew]
#268173 - 11/08/11 12:01 AM

> http://www.zdnet.com/photos/gallery-piling-up-points-at-the-pinball-hall-of-fame/6223023
>
> Nice collection. Never saw a Paddle Baddle (sic) before.

It would be really cool if gave the building a pinball make-over. e.g. put a big plunger on the front of the building and made the door look like a coin slot.

Moose

JWJr
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/15/04
Send PM

Re: Piling up points at the PHoF new [Re: DMala]
#268280 - 11/09/11 06:37 PM

> I was there about 5 years ago (Good grief, has it really been that long already?). At
> the time it had plate glass windows with kind of cool pinball graphics... it looks
> like those have been bricked over or blocked off?

They moved to a different location. -JW

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Video arcade collections? new [Re: DMala]
#268603 - 11/15/11 06:47 AM

> It was easily the most fun per dollar spent of anything we did in Vegas. We were
> there an entire afternoon and probably only spent about $20. I remember the condition
> of most of the machines was remarkable, more like a private collection than a public
> arcade. It looks like they've expanded their arcade collection, when I was there they
> had a handful of machines, but nothing especially rare or unusual.

If I ever visit Vegas, or any other entertainment mecca in the USA, I'd sure like to know if there are video arcade meccas equivalent to the PHoF. Surely there's gotta be some good ones still around.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Video arcade collections? new [Re: Mojo2000]
#268604 - 11/15/11 07:08 AM

> > It was easily the most fun per dollar spent of anything we did in Vegas. We were
> > there an entire afternoon and probably only spent about $20. I remember the
> condition
> > of most of the machines was remarkable, more like a private collection than a
> public
> > arcade. It looks like they've expanded their arcade collection, when I was there
> they
> > had a handful of machines, but nothing especially rare or unusual.
>
> If I ever visit Vegas, or any other entertainment mecca in the USA, I'd sure like to
> know if there are video arcade meccas equivalent to the PHoF. Surely there's gotta be
> some good ones still around.

http://www.arcadefly.com/arcades?order=games
http://www.aurcade.com/locations/

New Hampshire's not exactly an entertainment mecca, but Funspot looks pretty awesome...

- Stiletto

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Video arcade collections? new [Re: Stiletto]
#268608 - 11/15/11 08:07 AM

> New Hampshire's not exactly an entertainment mecca, but Funspot looks pretty
> awesome...

Actually, Laconia and Weirs Beach are pretty happening in the summer. Once you drag yourself, blinking in the sunlight, out of the arcade, there's a boardwalk, a (sort of) beach, stuff to do on the lake, boats, trains, restaurants, shopping, etc. It's not Vegas by a long shot, but for a relaxing, New England-y vacation, you could do a whole lot worse.

ChristianZane
MAME Fan
Reged: 11/15/11
Send PM

Re: Video arcade collections? new [Re: DMala]
#268612 - 11/15/11 09:51 AM

Ground Control in Portland Oregon has one of the largest collections of original 80's video arcade games I've ever seen.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 220 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1877