MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"?
#266437 - 10/15/11 08:23 AM

Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? "Nemo" is an arcade game. There is also a NES game called "Little Nemo: The Dream Master". I don't care which game you choose out of those two games to make the animated Gif. I'd like the Gif to be made of the main character, whose name is obviously "Nemo". I would be greatly appreciated if someone could take the time to make me that animated Gif. Any kind of action would be cool, whether it be him swinging his weapon (his weapon is called the "Morning Star") or whatever you decide. I'd like to use this Gif as my picture for this forum.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

/me waits for a gif of Cpt. Nemo harpooning fish Nemo. (NG) new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266446 - 10/15/11 12:11 PM

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266455 - 10/15/11 04:36 PM

> Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? "Nemo" is an arcade game.
> There is also a NES game called "Little Nemo: The Dream Master". I don't care which
> game you choose out of those two games to make the animated Gif. I'd like the Gif to
> be made of the main character, whose name is obviously "Nemo". I would be greatly
> appreciated if someone could take the time to make me that animated Gif. Any kind of
> action would be cool, whether it be him swinging his weapon (his weapon is called the
> "Morning Star") or whatever you decide. I'd like to use this Gif as my picture for
> this forum.

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Reged: 12/12/03
Loc: Hidden Hyrulian city Lurkopolis
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266469 - 10/15/11 08:17 PM Attachment: Nemo.png 91 KB (1 downloads)

Sprite Database has the sprite table you need (exported from mame I'm sure) to work on one on your own:

http://sdb.drshnaps.com/objects/9/627/Sprite/Nemo.png

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: italie]
#266496 - 10/16/11 02:28 AM

italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for. You have the WRONG game.

TriggerFin... you posted a blank post.

Qun Mang... Thank you for posting that but I don't know how to make an animated Gif. Could you please make one for me? I would really appreciate it. I'd like to use it as my picture/avatar for this website. Preferably one with him using his "Morning Star" weapon that he's carrying in those images that you posted... the third row from the bottom, where he is standing upright using his "morning star" weapon, would be a cool Gif to make for me. Again, I'd be very thankful if you could please make it for me since I don't know how to make it myself.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

#266498 - 10/16/11 02:40 AM

The only one I could find was this:

http://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons2/games_LittleNemo.gif

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: Tafoid]
#266501 - 10/16/11 02:58 AM

> The only one I could find was this:
>
>
> http://media.ign.com/boards/images/icons2/games_LittleNemo.gif

Some additional finds:

A fairly complete rip of sprites from the NES version.

Small collection of animations here from the NES version

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

#266504 - 10/16/11 03:47 AM

> Qun Mang... Thank you for posting that but I don't know how to make an animated Gif.
> Could you please make one for me? I would really appreciate it. I'd like to use it as
> my picture/avatar for this website. Preferably one with him using his "Morning Star"
> weapon that he's carrying in those images that you posted... the third row from the
> bottom, where he is standing upright using his "morning star" weapon, would be a cool
> Gif to make for me. Again, I'd be very thankful if you could please make it for me
> since I don't know how to make it myself.

I'm little better off than you in that regard. I don't even know if I have software to do an animated gif. I used to have something that came with an older version of paint shop pro, but that was a long time ago and at least since Corel bought out the original publisher, Jasc, it hasn't been included. I'm sure there is something free out there to do this, but I never did much more than play around with- animation studio I think it was? let along create anything of significance.

{edit} Animation Shop. I was almost right. Nonetheless Corel dumped it and didn't bother to integrate it with their own updates to Paint Shop Pro.

Edited by Qun Mang (10/16/11 04:05 AM)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#266506 - 10/16/11 04:23 AM

> italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for. You
> have the WRONG game.
>
> TriggerFin... you posted a blank post.

No I didn't, I replied in the subject, and even indicated there was (No Gif) in the post.

>
> Qun Mang... Thank you for posting that but I don't know how to make an animated Gif.
> Could you please make one for me? I would really appreciate it. I'd like to use it as
> my picture/avatar for this website. Preferably one with him using his "Morning Star"
> weapon that he's carrying in those images that you posted... the third row from the
> bottom, where he is standing upright using his "morning star" weapon, would be a cool
> Gif to make for me. Again, I'd be very thankful if you could please make it for me
> since I don't know how to make it myself.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: Tafoid]
#266507 - 10/16/11 04:29 AM

Thank you Tafoid.

It's ok Qun Mang...

Maybe somebody else could please make it for me?

italieAdministrator
Send PM

So sorry, try this new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266508 - 10/16/11 04:54 AM

> italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for. You

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

#266517 - 10/16/11 06:44 AM Attachment: Nemo1e.gif 11 KB (1 downloads)

Learning something new- looks like it can be done in gimp. Here's my fifth attempt (after adjusting size, adding transparent layer, not-so good results... I just used the first six images. Seriously, this was pretty simple. I followed a guide to make different layers, pasted an image on each layer- lining them up, and looked up how to add the transparency. Now that I know how to do it, I could use a new avatar- anyone care to make it for me?

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: Qun Mang]
#266520 - 10/16/11 06:53 AM

Re: your attachment...

I'd bet money it won't be good enough.

eta: But seriously... Is his head supposed to stretch like that?

eta2: Using Ctrl (with) + and zooming in... I guess so.

Edited by T0M (10/16/11 06:58 AM)

LEVEL-4

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#266522 - 10/16/11 07:09 AM

I just pulled the gfx off the sheet I posted above, so if the stretched head isn't right the fault is with the one who made it. That's it, now I have to fire up Nemo to see if it's present on the real thing... Thanks a lot.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? new [Re: Qun Mang]
#266528 - 10/16/11 08:41 AM

Thank you very much to both Qun Mang and Tafoid for the animated Gif. It is very much appreciated.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: So sorry, try this new [Re: italie]
#266658 - 10/18/11 02:51 AM

> > italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for.
> You

Wow, he got off lucky. Back in the day, someone would have made a Goatse-Nemo gif by now. Or at least an Orclord-Nemo gif.

- Stiletto

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: So sorry, try this new [Re: Stiletto]
#266664 - 10/18/11 03:11 AM

> > > italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for.
> > You
>
> Wow, he got off lucky. Back in the day, someone would have made a Goatse-Nemo gif by
> now. Or at least an Orclord-Nemo gif.
>
> - Stiletto

I can't speak for everyone, but I lack a lot of free time theses days. It's seriously hurting the quality of newb bashing. I'm a little bit ashamed.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: So sorry, try this new [Re: italie]
#266667 - 10/18/11 03:28 AM

> I can't speak for everyone, but I lack a lot of free time theses days. It's seriously
> hurting the quality of newb troll bashing. I'm a little bit ashamed.

ftfy

LEVEL-4

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

Re: So sorry, try this new [Re: Stiletto]
#266673 - 10/18/11 04:01 AM

> > > italie... you didn't read my post carefully. That is not what I was looking for.
> > You
>
> Wow, he got off lucky. Back in the day, someone would have made a Goatse-Nemo gif by
> now. Or at least an Orclord-Nemo gif.
>
> - Stiletto

Meh, I was bored- just felt like trying something new. Now that I found these sprite sheets and figured out doing this in Gimp I will probably make something for myself. What, I don't know yet.

Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Be funny do a William Shatner funny animation version. new [Re: Qun Mang]
#266681 - 10/18/11 04:28 AM

Just saying.

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Mojo2000
Regular
Loc: North America
Send PM

Speaking of Paint Shop Pro... new [Re: Qun Mang]
#266714 - 10/18/11 02:18 PM

> I'm little better off than you in that regard. I don't even know if I have software
> to do an animated gif. I used to have something that came with an older version of
> paint shop pro, but that was a long time ago and at least since Corel bought out the
> original publisher, Jasc, it hasn't been included. I'm sure there is something free
> out there to do this, but I never did much more than play around with- animation
> studio I think it was? let along create anything of significance.
>
> {edit} Animation Shop. I was almost right. Nonetheless Corel dumped it and didn't
> bother to integrate it with their own updates to Paint Shop Pro.

I am using PSP9 which came with AS3. Still very much a novice, but I feel a strong connection with that program. What exactly is the current equivalent or descendant of PSP9? It's SO confusing to figure out just from the Corel website. I can't help but think that they deliberately buried most of the past...

Pi
Allergic to life
Loc: Room 101
Send PM

Re: Speaking of Paint Shop Pro... new [Re: Mojo2000]
#266752 - 10/18/11 10:30 PM

> I am using PSP9 which came with AS3. Still very much a novice, but I feel a strong
> connection with that program. What exactly is the current equivalent or descendant of
> PSP9? It's SO confusing to figure out just from the Corel website. I can't help but
> think that they deliberately buried most of the past...

I personally use GiMP and I'm pretty happy with it after using PSP since 4.0.

Wound up, can't sleep, can't do anything right, little honey / Oh, since I set my eyes on you. / I tell you the truth.
I can't get it right / Get it right / Since I met you...

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Speaking of Paint Shop Pro... new [Re: Pi]
#266757 - 10/18/11 11:41 PM

> > I am using PSP9 which came with AS3. Still very much a novice, but I feel a strong
> > connection with that program. What exactly is the current equivalent or descendant
> of
> > PSP9? It's SO confusing to figure out just from the Corel website. I can't help but
> > think that they deliberately buried most of the past...
>
> I personally use GiMP and I'm pretty happy with it after using PSP since 4.0.

Gah! Having used Photoshop Elements 1, I'm very dissatisfied with the awkwardness and bugs in even the most recent 64-bit Windows version of GIMP. I'd go back if it weren't so 32-bit.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

All this for nothing_nt new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#267100 - 10/24/11 12:41 AM

> Could somebody please make me an animated Gif of "Nemo"? I'd like the Gif to
> be made of the main character, whose name is obviously "Nemo". I would be greatly
> appreciated if someone could take the time to make me that animated Gif.

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: All this for nothing_nt new [Re: Sune]
#267105 - 10/24/11 02:16 AM

I switch my avatars frequently

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Rastan new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#267106 - 10/24/11 02:22 AM

I've been searching for a "Rastan" avatar. I haven't had any luck so far finding it. But I will continue to search for it. That game is awesome!

What are some good websites where I can find retro video game avatars/gifs?

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

Re: Rastan new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#267108 - 10/24/11 02:41 AM

> I've been searching for a "Rastan" avatar. I haven't had any luck so far finding it.
> But I will continue to search for it. That game is awesome!
>
> What are some good websites where I can find retro video game avatars/gifs?

http://www.mameworld.info/net/emuadvice/mrips.html

OldSchoolGamer
Send PM

Re: Rastan new [Re: Mr. Do]
#267109 - 10/24/11 03:01 AM

> > I've been searching for a "Rastan" avatar. I haven't had any luck so far finding
> it.
> > But I will continue to search for it. That game is awesome!
> >
> > What are some good websites where I can find retro video game avatars/gifs?
>
> http://www.mameworld.info/net/emuadvice/mrips.html

Yes, I am aware of that site. It is good. That is the first site that I used/found. Any other sites that are good?

Qun Mang
Legend of Link
Send PM

Re: Rastan new [Re: Mr. Do]
#267112 - 10/24/11 04:04 AM

>
> http://www.mameworld.info/net/emuadvice/mrips.html

Hmm. Someone could add that Nemo one I did. The newer one I posted in Mame Chat today, not the oversized pixelated mess I put together initially. No credit though- I just took it off of a sprite sheet someone else made and cobbled it together in Gimp.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Re: Rastan new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#267169 - 10/24/11 09:55 PM

> Yes, I am aware of that site. It is good. That is the first site that I used/found.
> Any other sites that are good?

I wouldn't call it good (I nearly forgot it even existed) but I have a few gifs at my site.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: Rastan new [Re: Allnatural]
#267179 - 10/25/11 01:17 AM

> I wouldn't call it good (I nearly forgot it even existed) but I have a few gifs at my
> site.

Well, there are some decent KoF2k rips, and 2k is clearly the best KoF game, so that could be considered good.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 60 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5102