MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jclampy
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/16/11
Send PM

Some of the worst games you have seen.
#266333 - 10/14/11 12:51 PM

Probably opening a can of worms here.

Twin Eagle

Can anyone stand that for more than 1 minute?
1) What is up with the screaming banshee everytime you collect a powerup. Dare you to play that at loud volume without pissing everyone else around you as well!

2) The high powered jet that drops powerups off every 5 seconds or so, looks like it could annihilate the entire game by itself so what they need me for??

Twin Eagle II on the other hand is like night and day.
Although that 2nd player 'insert coin' message flashing through the entire game is rather annoying.

Anybody got some other games to add to make me feel beter.

Read about my latest custom HLSL setup here;
http://gamingnos.blogspot.com/

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Some of the worst games you have seen. new [Re: jclampy]
#266341 - 10/14/11 03:23 PM

The first release of Tekken 5 (and unfortunately the one and only home release of the game on PS2). The game still annoys me to this day due to its rubber band CPU AI (Story Mode/Time Attack/Survival modes), and the final boss Jinpachi who has a touch of Street Fighter EX2 and SNK-boss about him rather than a normal Tekken boss, right down to having a fireball projectile attack. Made even worse with the fact that they never released the 5.1 update on the PlayStation 2, even though they had the chance to (Platinum/Greatest Hits etc). Tekken "5.1" had a revised AI (apparently) and slightly modified character moves, as did Dark Resurrection, which also featured some new characters (of course though, this update skipped the PS2 entirely and Namco went to the PlayStation 3 and PSP to get more money out of people, just like they did with Tekken Tag Tournament, which was PS1-based on the arcade but a PS2 launch title).

The game itself is fine, as long as you only play vs. mode against human opponents. The Arcade Battle mode isn't too bad but it gets repetitive very fast, yet you have to keep playing this endless game to *gasp* level up and gain gold (money) to buy items (I thought this was a fighting game, not World of Warcraft...). Arcade Battle has pre-programmed AI which is similar to human opponents (e.g. they will perform juggle combos), but this AI is not used in the main Story Mode where you fight Jinpachi.

yoeddy
Sound perfectionist
Reged: 12/27/03
Loc: Boise, Idaho
Send PM

Re: Some of the worst games you have seen. new [Re: Heihachi_73]
#266423 - 10/15/11 05:02 AM

Mortal Kombat 4 was certainly a step backwards from it's sprite based predecessors.

Jason

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

Re: Some of the worst games you have seen. new [Re: yoeddy]
#266441 - 10/15/11 10:48 AM

Not nessecarily the worst game, but one of the more let downs..

House of the DEad 4

Only saw and played it once, and I was dissapointed by it. Mainlly the gun felt bad, little recoil, difficulty which seemed to hard and was dead in 30 seconds.

Maybe I just suck and the cabinet was off. *shrug*

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 429 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1498