MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors
#266206 - 10/13/11 02:31 AM

When I try to make a word that I typed in a post 'bold', it puts "[B]" around the word. Well is there a way to change the settings somehow to actually see the word bolded while typing a post?...Just like it is while making a word bold in a word processor.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266209 - 10/13/11 02:52 AM

What exactly does this have to do with MAMEchat?

Do you not see the B click-able button on top left when you hit reply?

On this board you can preview your post and see what's bolded before you submit.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors new [Re: OldSchoolGamer]
#266212 - 10/13/11 03:33 AM

It's called BBCode.

And I think the short answer is "No, this site does not have a WYSIWYG editor."

At least none that I've ever found, not that it matters to me.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors new [Re: Llaffer]
#266215 - 10/13/11 04:02 AM

> It's called BBCode.
>
> And I think the short answer is "No, this site does not have a WYSIWYG editor."
>
> At least none that I've ever found, not that it matters to me.

Here is when I say: "We old school don't need that What You See Is What You Get sh*t."

And yes, preview post so far is the only way to go. I think last time I heard that acronym was around 1998.

OldSchoolGamer
Reged: 10/12/11
Loc: New Jersey & New York
Send PM

Re: How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors new [Re: B2K24]
#266231 - 10/13/11 08:48 AM

> What exactly does this have to do with MAMEchat?
>
> Do you not see the B click-able button on top left when you hit reply?
>
> On this board you can preview your post and see what's bolded before you submit.

I must have not seen/overlooked the last subforum "Forum Issues and Post Testing," otherwise I would have posted that question there.

Ofcourse I see the B click-able button on the top left. If you read my post more carefully, you would realize that's not what I was asking. The other two people who responded understood my question, obviously you didn't.

Yes, I know I can preview posts.

To the other two people who understood my question, thank you for answering.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: How to 'bold' a word in posts like it's done in word processors new [Re: BIOS-D]
#266285 - 10/13/11 10:40 PM

> Here is when I say: "We old school don't need that What You See Is What You Get
> sh*t."
I think last time I heard that
> acronym was around 1998.

With guitar digital preamps and heads, it continued on for a bit, in particular with Peavey's Transformer.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1627