MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Ben Again
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/04/11
Send PM

Vector Games not filling Verticle screen
#265568 - 10/04/11 03:40 AM

Me and my dad built an Arcade cabinet for MAME, running version 0.36 with the UI. (please don't just say GET DA LATST VURSHN) Now, I put MAME on my own computer before, and everything worked just fine. On the computer we put in the cabinet, though, it has a couple issues. Mainly, all the vector games don't fill the screen. We have the monitor rotated 90 degrees clockwise, with the computer's own video 'card'. All the raster games show just fine, but vector games are ALWAYS stuck in the right or top side. If I set the screen tall, I have to change the settings of that game to rotate it (unlike other games), and then it gets epicly stretched wide screen. If I leave it on automatic, it's top is the monitor's normal top, and at the monitors normal total left. Same if the screen is set to be on a horizontal aspect ratio. Basically, vector games are always oriented opposite of the screen, and stuffed into the side. Any help? Also, 1943 has some parts of it missing, the grey in the ships, the black behind the health bar, so forth. Strangely, it all works perfectly on my computer. (I hope that was understandable)

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: Ben Again]
#265579 - 10/04/11 05:46 AM

So, you want help with a 11 year old version of MAME? There's been so many changes since then, I doubt most people even remember how the settings were stored. Why not at least try a later version?
IIRC MAME32 used the registry for some of the settings. Try deleting the registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Freeware\Mame32. Also, try deleting all cfg, nvram, hi, etc. files.

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: redk9258]
#265760 - 10/06/11 11:43 AM

> So, you want help with a 11 year old version of MAME? There's been so many changes
> since then, I doubt most people even remember how the settings were stored. Why not
> at least try a later version?

Maybe there are more modest hardware specs to consider...

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: Mojo2000]
#265761 - 10/06/11 01:14 PM

> Maybe there are more modest hardware specs to consider...

Why would you build a cabinet and put a 11 year old PC in it? It would seem to be a waste of time putting anything less than a dual core PC. These can be found cheap nowadays. But whatever. The original poster never came back to let us know if he got it working by deleting those registry keys.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: redk9258]
#265769 - 10/06/11 03:50 PM

> Why would you build a cabinet and put a 11 year old PC in it? It would seem to be a
> waste of time putting anything less than a dual core PC.

The OP said he and his Dad built it, but he didn't specify when this happened. It very well could have been many many years ago.

A Dual core is indeed nice, but only required for some of the games. An old rig will still run the older classics just fine, even though 11 years is indeed pushing it, but hey, if it works might as well use it right?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: B2K24]
#265780 - 10/06/11 05:46 PM

> A Dual core is indeed nice, but only required for some of the games. An old rig will
> still run the older classics just fine, even though 11 years is indeed pushing it,
> but hey, if it works might as well use it right?

Sure, but if you're also using 11 year old MAME on it (which is entirely sensible) we can't support that. Essentially nobody that worked on that version is still active, and the innards were quite different from modern MAME.

Ziggy100
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/14/08
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: R. Belmont]
#265795 - 10/06/11 07:33 PM

"Essentially nobody that worked on that version is still active"

Lool...had to do a double take on that as i read it as still 'alive'....

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

Re: Vector Games not filling Verticle screen new [Re: Ziggy100]
#266001 - 10/10/11 03:20 AM

> "Essentially nobody that worked on that version is still active"
>
>
> Lool...had to do a double take on that as i read it as still 'alive'....

Sometimes it might seem like it, but some of the old timers show some signs of movement occassionally.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1579