MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mental
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/02/11
Send PM

Galaxian High score not saving - advice?
#264744 - 09/16/11 01:59 AM

I have the .dat file for high score and it works on all the games, except 2. Galaxian and Bubble Bobble reset high scores every time. I do not see any settings in dip switch for it to save them. Is there something I can do?

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Galaxian High score not saving - advice? new [Re: Mental]
#264745 - 09/16/11 02:06 AM

Why not use Save States? What version of MAME are you using? Hiscore.dat is no longer supported.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Galaxian High score not saving - advice? new [Re: redk9258]
#264773 - 09/16/11 03:51 PM

> Why not use Save States? What version of MAME are you using? Hiscore.dat is no longer
> supported.

To clarify: those games don't save scores in the arcade - unplugging the machine (which is the equivalent of what happens when you quit a game in MAME) loses the scores.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Galaxian High score not saving - advice? new [Re: R. Belmont]
#264774 - 09/16/11 05:16 PM

> To clarify: those games don't save scores in the arcade - unplugging the machine
> (which is the equivalent of what happens when you quit a game in MAME) loses the
> scores.

But if you use MAME's -autosave feature, it does not get "turned off" when you exit. Next time you start the game, it resumes exactly where you left off including high scores. Of course when you update MAME to a new version the Save State is usually invalid so you have to start over.

To the original poster,

Update to the latest MAME and make sure you have this in your mame.ini file...

Code:

autosave                  1

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 158 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1785