View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Seeking movie index
#263653 - 09/01/11 09:58 PM Attachment: misc_cast_pic.jpg 515 KB (1 downloads)

Is there a search engine or site where if you put in the names of any number of actors, you get the names of all the movies with those names in the cast?

Specifically, I am trying to identify the context of the attached picture.

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: Mojo2000]
#263654 - 09/01/11 10:17 PM

> Is there a search engine or site where if you put in the names of any number of
> actors, you get the names of all the movies with those names in the cast?
>
> Specifically, I am trying to identify the context of the attached picture.

Initial gut reaction: The Oscars.

Better:
Tineye.com (http://www.tineye.com) is a reverse-image search. Submit a picture or link to a picture, get back what websites host it. And for yours, I see THIS:

http://www.soundonsight.org/55741/

Summary: "Vanity Fair has released the cover photo for their 2011 Hollywood Issue which features Oscar co-hosts Anne Hathaway and James Franco who join Jake Gyllenhaal and Ryan Reynolds on the front of the magazine, which folds out to reveal eleven more big and upcoming stars of Tinseltown.

The three-panel fold out follows with, in order of appearance, Jennifer Lawrence, Anthony Mackie, Olivia Wilde, Jesse Eisenberg, Mila Kunis, Hollywood veteran Robert Duvall – who joins the newcomers, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Andrew Garfield, Rashida Jones, Garrett Hedlund, and Noomi Rapace.

The cover was shot in Los Angeles and New York over the course of two days by photographer Norman Jean Roy. According to Vanity Fair’s fashion and style director Jessica Dieh, the inspiration behind the shoot is evoking ‘the glamour of 1930s Shanghai, an era of smoky, alluring elegance’."

Links to: http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/02/the-2011-hollywood-issue-cover.html

- Stiletto

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: Stiletto]
#263655 - 09/01/11 10:26 PM

> Better:
> Tineye.com (http://www.tineye.com) is a reverse-image search. Submit a picture or
> link to a picture, get back what websites host it.

Google does this too, these days. Just select image search, drag an image and drop it on the search box. You can drag images right off of web pages, it's incredibly handy.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: DMala]
#263656 - 09/01/11 10:38 PM

> > Better:
> > Tineye.com (http://www.tineye.com) is a reverse-image search. Submit a picture or
> > link to a picture, get back what websites host it.
>
> Google does this too, these days. Just select image search, drag an image and drop it
> on the search box. You can drag images right off of web pages, it's incredibly handy.

Yeah, I know - still used to using Tineye I guess
Also I like promoting other search engines when they _work_ well. Google needs competition to keep them innovating.

- Stiletto

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: Stiletto]
#263657 - 09/01/11 10:52 PM

> > > Better:
> > > Tineye.com (http://www.tineye.com) is a reverse-image search. Submit a picture or
> > > link to a picture, get back what websites host it.
> >
> > Google does this too, these days. Just select image search, drag an image and drop
> it
> > on the search box. You can drag images right off of web pages, it's incredibly
> handy.
>
> Yeah, I know - still used to using Tineye I guess
> Also I like promoting other search engines when they _work_ well. Google needs
> competition to keep them innovating.
>
> - Stiletto

They need to work better than Google, though, or there won't be any reason to use them.

Is it bad that I couldn't name any of the 15 people in this image without help? Even with a list, I'm only certain about one of them. I suppose I've never been much good at recognizing faces....

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: TriggerFin]
#263663 - 09/01/11 11:10 PM

> Is it bad that I couldn't name any of the 15 people in this image without help? Even
> with a list, I'm only certain about one of them. I suppose I've never been much good
> at recognizing faces....

They all look a little weird, the photo seems pretty heavily retouched. I can name about 8 of the 15 off the top of my head, and I recognize two more although I can't put a name with them.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: DMala]
#263671 - 09/02/11 12:37 AM Attachment: vf.png 546 KB (2 downloads)

> > Is it bad that I couldn't name any of the 15 people in this image without help?
> Even
> > with a list, I'm only certain about one of them. I suppose I've never been much
> good
> > at recognizing faces....
>
> They all look a little weird, the photo seems pretty heavily retouched. I can name
> about 8 of the 15 off the top of my head, and I recognize two more although I can't
> put a name with them.

Well, here, 16 faces, 15 names. Go for it:

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: TriggerFin]
#263686 - 09/02/11 05:08 AM

> > > Is it bad that I couldn't name any of the 15 people in this image without help?
> > Even
> > > with a list, I'm only certain about one of them. I suppose I've never been much
> > good
> > > at recognizing faces....
> >
> > They all look a little weird, the photo seems pretty heavily retouched. I can name
> > about 8 of the 15 off the top of my head, and I recognize two more although I can't
> > put a name with them.
>
> Well, here, 16 faces, 15 names. Go for it:

1-J
2-H
5-K
6-B
7-C
9-N
10-I
14-A
15-G
16-M (I believe the cheetah's name is Richard)

Guessing:
3-D
4-F
8-O
11-E
12-L
13-P

AntiFred
MAME Fan
Reged: 09/02/11
Send PM

Re: Seeking movie index new [Re: Mojo2000]
#263719 - 09/02/11 02:23 PM

I like the Internet Movie Database IMDb.com

If you put in the name of an actor/director/producer you get a page of all that persons credits for both movie and TV wit links to those movies.

If you put in the name of a a movie/TV show you get a list of all the people involved, actor/director/writer/cinematographer/costume design/etc

There are also search pages where you can either enter two actors to get a list of films they've both been in or two moves to get a list of the actors and such who were in both of them.

The site used to look like something that came from a hobby of two or three guys in two or three countries making lists, because 20 years ago that's what it was. Now it looks like a marketing device for Amazon dot com, which is what it is now after the original creators sold it. All the information is still there however.

The front page this morning was kind enough to inform me that today is the birthday of Salma Hayek and Mark Harmon (NCIS)

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Thanks all! (nt) new [Re: DMala]
#263749 - 09/02/11 06:38 PM

Thanks all! (nt)

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 126 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1601