MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced.
#263438 - 08/30/11 10:12 PM

http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/north_american_nes_ambassador_games_announced
Why do they think we would like we wrecking crew,Really nintendo come on,I rather have Punch-Out!!

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced. new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#263443 - 08/30/11 11:15 PM

> http://3ds.nintendolife.com/news/2011/08/north_american_nes_ambassador_games_announced
>
> Why do they think we would like we wrecking crew,Really nintendo come on,I rather
> have Punch-Out!!

That would be the difference between the people who said, "We need to give these people something," and the ones who were tasked with deciding, "what stuff can we give away for nothing?"

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

zelda 2... new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#263453 - 08/31/11 12:03 AM

/pig_shit_happy

i learned everything i know from KC

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#263481 - 08/31/11 04:53 AM

nicely said .
speaking of nintendo,you wanna hear a story.I was 8 years old, this was about 1985,I kept begging my parents for a NES,right so,when Christmas came around I seen this big box under the tree.right away I new what it was."NES!" I shouted
so it was so hard to wait .finally Christmas came and I tore open that wrapping so fast.and there before my eyes was my NES with r.o.b.so as I opened the box all these Legos fell on the floor.this was my face .It seems that my parents bought me legos in a flea market but didn't have a box.they picked one up during shopping ata store. the owner gave them the box that the setup NES came in.and thats why I go to therepy every morning.

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#263484 - 08/31/11 05:35 AM

> nicely said .
> speaking of nintendo,you wanna hear a story.I was 8 years old, this was about 1985,I
> kept begging my parents for a NES,right so,when Christmas came around I seen this big
> box under the tree.right away I new what it was."NES!" I shouted
> so it was so hard to wait .finally Christmas came and I tore open that wrapping so
> fast.and there before my eyes was my NES with r.o.b.so as I opened the box all these
> Legos fell on the floor.this was my face .It seems that my parents bought me legos in
> a flea market but didn't have a box.they picked one up during shopping ata store. the
> owner gave them the box that the setup NES came in.and thats why I go to therepy
> every morning.

That's cruel. I'm sure they may have meant by that box that they wanted to get what you wanted, but couldn't, but it comes out backwards.

Well, when I was 8 there was no NES. Those Legos were my favorite toy, and had been for years already. First ones I got came in a can. At 8, I don't think special blocks had progressed beyond wheels. I might have gotten one of those really weak motor sets at that age. Can it even move the battery box?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#263485 - 08/31/11 06:32 AM

I guess it might be neat if I hadn't already had them all on my PC for the past 11 years. I think I'll stick with Progear on my PSP...

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#263486 - 08/31/11 07:00 AM

> Well, when I was 8 there was no NES. Those Legos were my favorite toy, and had been
> for years already. First ones I got came in a can. At 8, I don't think special blocks
> had progressed beyond wheels. I might have gotten one of those really weak motor sets
> at that age. Can it even move the battery box?

Ditto on all counts. My parents felt that videogames were mindless entertainment, often violent, and non-educational, so they never bothered buying us Nintendo's and Sega's. (GI Joe was banned for much the same reason.) Instead, they bought computers: TI-99/4A, Laser128 EX+ (Apple II-clone), 386-486-Pentium, until I finally could afford (partially) my first, a Pentium II. Regardless, we did have some games for the TI and Laser (mostly arcade/arcade clones), and as soon as I knew my way around the 386/486 I was buying games, asking for games, and bootlegging games (notably Doom and Duke) and hiding them in hidden folders on the PC... but we did manage to sneak the occasional Nintendo/Sega/etc. games at friends and relatives, more of a guilty pleasure.

I blame them for my retrogaming fixation, surely I wouldn't have been as hopefully lost to retrogaming had I actually had a chance to play!

... and I was also a HUGE Lego maniac. Still buy some occasionally, although more for the model-building than creative-building aspect.

- Stiletto

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

#263488 - 08/31/11 07:14 AM

> Well, when I was 8 there was no NES. Those Legos were my favorite toy, and had been
> for years already. First ones I got came in a can. At 8, I don't think special blocks
> had progressed beyond wheels. I might have gotten one of those really weak motor sets
> at that age. Can it even move the battery box?

At 8, I was playing Intellivision and Atari 2600

I think I was 10 or 11 when NES was released, and we didn't get one until it was out for about 2 years. So no ROB for me, but I did have the light gun and Duck Hunt with it. Fun times!

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

#263498 - 08/31/11 08:03 AM

i learned everything i know from KC

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

#263506 - 08/31/11 10:51 AM

3 of them (SMB, ZELDA, METROID) I have on every single game system I own anyway (and phone)

Just broke my personal record for number of consecutive days without dying!

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

3DS Ambassadors, want to sell me your DS? new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#263515 - 08/31/11 02:38 PM

If any of you all 3DS Ambassadors no longer have a need for your old DS and want to well it, let me know. I'd like to get one for my soon to be 6 year old.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

#263533 - 08/31/11 06:10 PM

These games are available NOW.

See this article that I wrote for steps on how to access them:

http://vgtribune.com/nintendo-reveals-details-on-how-to-download-free-games/

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced. new [Re: Llaffer]
#263535 - 08/31/11 06:53 PM

> I think I was 10 or 11 when NES was released, and we didn't get one until it was out
> for about 2 years. So no ROB for me, but I did have the light gun and Duck Hunt with
> it. Fun times!

I got my NES for my 10th birthday in September of 1987. I think my friends were relieved that I would quit bugging them to play video games (or at least bug them less ). I ended up getting just the base model with two controllers and SMB 1. I picked up the Zapper separately later on, so I never had Duck Hunt.

I'm still bummed... my NES, controllers, NES Advantage, and all of my games turned up last year in my Mom's basement, but somehow the Zapper is MIA. I can't imagine why it wouldn't have been with everything else.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced. new [Re: DMala]
#263536 - 08/31/11 07:17 PM

NES (and SNES) Advantage Joysticks were my favorite controllers. I need to get a similar joystick for the Wii, but the "fighter joysticks" are so damned expensive, and not even sure they have Wii joysticks.

Just looked and this one is down to about $45 with tax: http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Tatsunoko-Capcom-Arcade-FightStick-Nintendo/dp/B0032ISZL8 I may have to look into that

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: Finally all 3DS Ambassador Nintendo games announced. new [Re: jopezu]
#263616 - 09/01/11 09:51 AM

Thanks for rehashing that.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 398 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2031