MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: California
Send PM

Being in the hospital is no fun =(
#263346 - 08/30/11 02:46 AM

Got home from work around 3:00 Saturday. Muscles aching all over, so I take a shower, and head off to bed.

Wake up about an hour later to use the restroom, and it burns like nothing I've ever felt before. Go back to bed, wake up another hour later. Still burns when I go again. Take some advil, and back to bed.

Now the triple wammy hits; I've got the chills big time, so I check my temperature: 104. Threw up my lunch, and of course, still burns when I pee. And the bedsheets were drenched from me sweating so much.

I tell my son to "call mom" and see turns back around from their trip to disneylannd with the other two munchkins (her friend is a DJ during the ElecTRONica show that night).

We get to emergency about 8:30; I look like death, to the point that this nice lady in front of me in line let me go ahead of her.

In the next hours, they hook up the IV for water and antibiotics, and take a LOT of blood samples (I've got three holes in each arm as I'm writing this).

Turns out I have a urinary tract infection. How I got that, I have no idea. 7pm Sunday, they check me into the hospital. Ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder come back normal, so that's a good thing. And white blood cell count is starting to get back to normal (for reference, normal is 9, I was up to 26 at one point).

Work's upset, kids miss me, and food sucks (well, breakfast was ok, but the turkey and mashed potatoes for lunch was below TV dinner and school cafeteria standards). And I haven't slept more than two hours in a row since I've been here.

I'm gonna be here at least one more night for evaluation, then I'll find out tomorrow if I get to leave.

I'm hungry, tired and bored. I don't like being immobile for this long. (I can do only so many laps around the floor, pushing my IV along).

Hopefully, I'll be back later this week; got an artwork update I need to finish. See you in a bit... James (Mr. Do)

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Being in the hospital is no fun =( new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263349 - 08/30/11 03:24 AM

Damn Man,

I hope you feel better. I hate being sick, especially with fever. Sometimes you wonder if death is so bad when you are really feeling bad. Don't worry about work or artwork. Just get yourself well. It'll all be there when you are back to yourself!

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#263350 - 08/30/11 03:29 AM

> Got home from work around 3:00 Saturday. Muscles aching all over, so I take a shower,
> and head off to bed.
>
> Wake up about an hour later to use the restroom, and it burns like nothing I've ever
> felt before. Go back to bed, wake up another hour later. Still burns when I go again.
> Take some advil, and back to bed.
>
> Now the triple wammy hits; I've got the chills big time, so I check my temperature:
> 104. Threw up my lunch, and of course, still burns when I pee. And the bedsheets were
> drenched from me sweating so much.
>
> I tell my son to "call mom" and see turns back around from their trip to disneylannd
> with the other two munchkins (her friend is a DJ during the ElecTRONica show that
> night).
>
> We get to emergency about 8:30; I look like death, to the point that this nice lady
> in front of me in line let me go ahead of her.
>
> In the next hours, they hook up the IV for water and antibiotics, and take a LOT of
> blood samples (I've got three holes in each arm as I'm writing this).
>
> Turns out I have a urinary tract infection. How I got that, I have no idea. 7pm
> Sunday, they check me into the hospital. Ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder come
> back normal, so that's a good thing. And white blood cell count is starting to get
> back to normal (for reference, normal is 9, I was up to 26 at one point).
>
> Work's upset, kids miss me, and food sucks (well, breakfast was ok, but the turkey
> and mashed potatoes for lunch was below TV dinner and school cafeteria standards).
> And I haven't slept more than two hours in a row since I've been here.
>
> I'm gonna be here at least one more night for evaluation, then I'll find out tomorrow
> if I get to leave.
>
> I'm hungry, tired and bored. I don't like being immobile for this long. (I can do
> only so many laps around the floor, pushing my IV along).
>
> Hopefully, I'll be back later this week; got an artwork update I need to finish. See
> you in a bit... James (Mr. Do)

Sorry to hear of your woe, but glad that you seem to have it in-hand, so to speak. From what I understand, UTI can be related to dehydration or lack of proper hydration. With the heat/humidity we've been having here in Cali the past several weeks, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it were hydration related.

Hope you feel better soon.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#263351 - 08/30/11 03:31 AM

I thought that was just something girls got when they didn't keep their pussy clean. Something you want to tell us? Haha. Anyway that sucks bad. Try to sleep...

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#263357 - 08/30/11 04:39 AM

Get well Soon Mr. Do.

Does this mean you will you get to guzzle cranberry juice?

LEVEL-4

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#263358 - 08/30/11 04:45 AM

I hope you feel better and take your time on any work.Your health is your number one .take care.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#263359 - 08/30/11 05:13 AM

> Got home from work around 3:00 Saturday. Muscles aching all over, so I take a shower,
> and head off to bed.
>
> Wake up about an hour later to use the restroom, and it burns like nothing I've ever
> felt before. Go back to bed, wake up another hour later. Still burns when I go again.
>
> Now the triple wammy hits; I've got the chills big time, so I check my temperature:
> 104. Threw up my lunch, and of course, still burns when I pee. And the bedsheets were
>
> I tell my son to "call mom" and see turns back around from their trip to disneylannd
> with the other two munchkins (her friend is a DJ during the ElecTRONica show that
> night).
>
> We get to emergency about 8:30; I look like death, to the point that this nice lady
>
> In the next hours, they hook up the IV for water and antibiotics, and take a LOT of
>
> Turns out I have a urinary tract infection. How I got that, I have no idea. 7pm
> Sunday, they check me into the hospital. Ultrasound on my kidneys and bladder come
> back normal, so that's a good thing. And white blood cell count is starting to get
>
> Work's upset, kids miss me, and food sucks (well, breakfast was ok, but the turkey
> and mashed potatoes for lunch was below TV dinner and school cafeteria standards).
>
> I'm gonna be here at least one more night for evaluation, then I'll find out tomorrow
> if I get to leave.
>
> I'm hungry, tired and bored. I don't like being immobile for this long. (I can do
>
> Hopefully, I'll be back later this week; got an artwork update I need to finish. See

Yikes, that's crazy. You don't usually think of a UTI as something that puts you in the hospital. Get better soon and remember to drink your cranberry juice.

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

#263360 - 08/30/11 05:16 AM

Get well soon Mr. Do! That's gotta be painful as fuck.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#263368 - 08/30/11 06:50 AM Attachment: john-coffee.jpg 20 KB (1 downloads)

Sucks to be sick, get well soon.

Actually, I know how to fix you up... just let John Coffee grab your junk.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Being in the hospital is no fun =( new [Re: DMala]
#263372 - 08/30/11 10:07 AM

> Get better soon and remember to drink your cranberry juice.

Quote:

Cranberry juice (Vaccinium macrocarpon or Vacinnium oxycoccus) has been used for more than a century as a home remedy to prevent and treat urinary tract infection.

Although it was previously thought that cranberry worked by making the urine more acid, more recent evidence suggests that constituents in cranberry called proanthocyanins prevent bacteria from adhering to the walls of the urinary tract. This is thought to allow urine to wash away the bacteria.

A study published in the Canadian Journal of Urology in 2002 compared pure cranberry juice, cranberry extract tablets, and a placebo in 150 women at high risk for infections. Both the juice and tablets both significantly reduced UTI. Of the two, the tablets were the most effective. The National Institutes of Health and the National Center for Complementary and Alternative Health recently launched a $2.6 million dollar initiative for research into cranberries.

Cranberry juice should be unsweetened. Unsweetened juice can often be found in health food stores.

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

#263378 - 08/30/11 12:21 PM

> and head off to bed.
>
>
>
> night).
>

>
>
>
>
> if I get to leave.
>
>

That will teach you to rub your bare ass on the carpeting

get well soon. we need some new artwork

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

cranberry juice new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263398 - 08/30/11 03:42 PM

do it

hope you feel better man. shitty experience. also, stop letting your dick hang down into the water of public toilets when you drop a HotLoaf.

i learned everything i know from KC

jcroach
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/27/04
Loc: Bloomington, Indiana
Send PM

#263412 - 08/30/11 05:10 PM

Get well soon!

The comment about "work being upset" struck me. I've only ever been to the ER once. Very simialr to what you're describing but without the painful urination. They hooked me up to the IVs, kept me overnight, sent me home the next day and told me to rest, never told me exactly what was wrong. I stopped by the office the next day to pick some things up and my manager busted my chops about my "attitude." I just about throttled him. What an ass. Tell your office to kiss off, they can live without you until you're feeling better!

Jim

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: Being in the hospital is no fun =( new [Re: GatKong]
#263426 - 08/30/11 08:02 PM

lmao... nice reference...

DOG SICK, BOSS

i learned everything i know from KC

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

dang <nt> hope all is well by now Mr. Doober. new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263545 - 08/31/11 08:27 PM

>

Trebor
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/18/05
Send PM

#263552 - 08/31/11 09:01 PM

Sorry to read that, James. I hope you're feeling better soon. Glad to read though it was a UTI and nothing more severe or serious...

My wife works in a hospital, I empathize with you completely.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263554 - 08/31/11 09:12 PM

Was discharged Tuesday @ 7pm. Last night I finally "almost" slept through the night. Still exhausted from being in a bed for so long. Doing as much walking as I can without getting too dizzy for now.

Oh, the ironic part... I may have done this to myself.

Yesterday, the doctor asks how long I have been at this weight (currently 6'5" 255lbs.). I explain to her that at my last job, I was up to 305 at one point, because I just sat at a desk all day. The current job lets me move around more, plus I adjusted my diet when I started the new job, so within a few months, I had gotten down to 240. Then I started slowly creeping back up again, and leveled off at 255.

I realize it's all the soda I would drink (which was WAY too much). I just had a hard time quitting it. Not so much for the taste, but the caffeine. I've tried to stop before, and made it three days, before the withdrawal headaches became unbearable.

So last week, I had told my wife, when you go to the store, don't bother buying more Dr. Pepper, or any other soda for that matter, we can just do without now, and live on Kool-Aid, juice, milk, and water. At this point, all three kids look at me in unison with that "What?" look on their face. I told them they don't need it either, and over the summer, all three of them have been starting to head in the wrong direction weight-wise anyway. But they'll still be allowed to order it when we go out to eat and stuff, so it's not like I'm depriving them of it completely.

So I had already started to cut back a couple days by Saturday. The doctor says my body likely realized what I was doing, and started de-toxing itself. Which ended up in my blood stream, then on to my kidneys, and so on. That I was practically dehydrated and heat exhausted from work Saturday didn't help any.

Thanks for all the fun and witty comments below; I expected nothing less in the Bin

I'm not really up to staring at a computer screen yet, so artwork is still on hold. I'll be back soon.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Antny
Lurker
Reged: 10/10/03
Send PM

Re: Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263563 - 08/31/11 11:04 PM

Glad to see you are feelimg better. I'm a caffeine freak also. It's very hard going without it. I'm sre one day they cut me open to see what the long term effects of Diet Coke are . Anyway, take you time to recover, I always look forward to a coming release of artwork

and no soda for you

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: Antny]
#263569 - 08/31/11 11:56 PM

> I'm sure one day they cut me open to see what the long term effects of Diet Coke are.

Yeah, same here. I figure that since I don't smoke or do drugs one vice is OK.

Orc
A Motivated, Liquidated Nightmare..... Like A Baby With A Laser On A Rocking Chair
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Dorset, UK
Send PM

That's what ya get for shagging goats......{nt}......Arty farty man.... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263669 - 09/02/11 12:16 AM

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#263679 - 09/02/11 03:42 AM

Kevin Eshbach

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: redk9258]
#263685 - 09/02/11 04:31 AM

> > I'm sure one day they cut me open to see what the long term effects of Diet Coke
> are.
>
> Yeah, same here. I figure that since I don't smoke or do drugs one vice is OK.

Quit drinking soda, dedicate your life to MAME.

amused
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/24/08
Send PM

#263808 - 09/03/11 06:24 AM

> Got home from work around 3:00 Saturday.

Which would that be?
a) Sat 03:00
b) Sat 15:00
c) Sun 03:00

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#263873 - 09/04/11 02:17 AM

> I had gotten down to 240. Then I started slowly creeping back up again, and leveled off at 255.

Well there's your problem, you probably gained one extra pound and hit the Mr Do kill screen. You have actually become 8-bit. Congrats, that's pretty hardcore.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Send PM

Re: Back home... now the ironic part... new [Re: aavada]
#263877 - 09/04/11 03:01 AM

> > I had gotten down to 240. Then I started slowly creeping back up again, and leveled
> off at 255.
>
>
> Well there's your problem, you probably gained one extra pound and hit the Mr Do kill
> screen. You have actually become 8-bit. Congrats, that's pretty hardcore.

Thank you. Needed that today

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

LMAO! *nt* new [Re: aavada]
#263917 - 09/04/11 07:25 PM

> > I had gotten down to 240. Then I started slowly creeping back up again, and leveled
> off at 255.
>
>
> Well there's your problem, you probably gained one extra pound and hit the Mr Do kill
> screen. You have actually become 8-bit. Congrats, that's pretty hardcore.

LMAO!

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 82 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2814