MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Whats wrong with some people!?
#262240 - 08/15/11 02:22 PM

Friday night about 7 o'clock and the music starts up from a house a couple of doors down. They are normally pretty quiet few teenage kids so a bit of noise but hey we all make a bit of noise.

So I put my son to bed at about an hour later and all I can hear is "thud, thud, thud" and I think I'll go round and ask them if they can turn it down a bit. I'm thinking people are resonable no need to go running off the the local council or Police to complain about the noise.

I walk up to the house, their two sons of about 11 are playing football at the front and I ask them where their parents are. They send me down the side of the house and say they are at the back of the house. The garden is full of 17 - 18 year old kids drinking and dancing, the music is banging away, no parents in sight, empty wine bottles next to a table with chairs at the back door where presumably they were last seen.

So I tell the kids and they go in to get them. Out comes the father looking like hes just ingested enough Steroids to kill a horse and I ask if they can turn it down a bit. Hes reluctant but fairly civil, out comes his wife who launches into me saying "everyone around here knows we are having a party, we came round yesterday and told you". "Oh, we didnt know. We must have been out when you called" I say expecing them to calm down and say "oh sorry, my son is having a part the music will be on until etc. etc." But no he flips out like a switch has just been thrown in his head and I get shoved in the chest and told to fuck off several times whilst I walk away shaking my head saying "no need to get abusive" and feeling generally stunned.

Bearing in mind my wife is Police officer shes pretty pissed off and all for sending the Police round as hes commited a common assault and being a Police officer she is supposed to report it and have him dealt with.

I cant be arsed with the agro so compromise and call the Police to log the incident just in case he kicks off again. Speaking to the rest of our neighbours the son came around telling everyone he was having a party and the music would be off by 11 o'clock etc. Clearly he went home and told his parents hed told everyone neglecting to inform them we were out when he called.

Now is it just me or would any normal human being be feeling a complete twat at shoving someone out of a garden full of kids and telleing them to fuck off only to find out actually the peson who called round didnt know there was going to be a party? Wouldnt you call round and apologise for being so over the top?

Well suprise, suprise Mr Smallcock steroid shooting bodybuilder hasnt called round to apologise leaving my original question hanging in the air.

Whats wrong with some people?

There is no sin except stupidity.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

People let them get away with it? new [Re: DR]
#262244 - 08/15/11 03:38 PM

He shoved you. That's all I needed to know. You were smart to walk away instead of breaking his thumbs for two reasons. 1. You have no witnesses, on their turf, and surely they would have claimed YOU got violent first. 2. You're surrounded by HIS people, so if things did escelate, you're in a 10 on 1 situation... which never ends good for anyone. But I wouldn't sit back and live with a neighbor who got physical with me without some recourse... especially with a cop wife ( we'll talk more about that later). You, my friend, just got bullied.

EDIT: Actually, in retrospect (my hind-sight is pretty near 20/20) that's why I never try to confront people myself whenever I can avoid it. No matter how this ended, it's bad. You either sit at home a bullied chump, you defend yourself and be a beat-up chump, or you "called the cops" on him and be a snitch chump. In retrospect, best would have been an anonymous visit from the cops... he learns his lesson about respecting his neighbors, and doesn't know which one to crap on in the future. I know, I know, you counted on him being a reasonable person... which he's not. He's the prick, and you suffer for it.

Edited by Gatinho (08/15/11 03:43 PM)

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: People let them get away with it? new [Re: GatKong]
#262246 - 08/15/11 04:09 PM

>In retrospect, best
>would have been an anonymous visit from the cops... he learns his lesson about
>respecting his neighbors, and doesn't know which one to .
>crap on in the future.

That wont work he knows my wife is Police officer and hes already had the Police round to tell him to stop letting his kids ride mini motos up and down the street. It was anonymous that time but he knows it was us and I'm pretty sure even he would remember which neighbour he shoved out his garden and told to fuck off. The point of logging it with the Police is that if anyone has agro in the future we can evidence his past behaviour.

Luckily for us hes in a rented house and the landlord is the local farmer who owns everything as far as I can see from the top of my roof. I went and had a quiet word with him last night and he dosent need the agro so I doubt we will hear anything else from Mr Smallcock.

>I know, I know, you counted on him being a reasonable person... which he's not. He's
> the prick, and you suffer for it.

Ultimately he'll suffer for being such a twat, like I say I spoke to his landlord and at least one other neighbour has complained about noise several years ago after which we havent heard a peep out of them. The landlord said he was going round to talk to him about parking cars on the front lawn so hopefully he'll think hes about to get evicted.

His wife was stressing out telling him to stop as soon as he started pushing me, they know they are on thin ice.

I live in a small village and before long everyone will know what happened and its not pleasant being surrounded by people who know what a twat you are even if you are as thick as shit and ignorrant.

I'm not suffering I just cant understand how fully grow adult parents living in a nice community can act that way.

There is no sin except stupidity.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: Whats wrong with some people!? new [Re: DR]
#262247 - 08/15/11 04:18 PM

> Whats wrong with some people?

That sucks. Takes balls in this age to approach neighbors about a problem. Sorry to hear they were dicks. This is actually usually the case, in my experience. So unless you already have a rapport with them, a simple complaint, even when started innocently, can turn into a lengthy battle.

Sadly, yeah, making a call to the local pd is all you can and should do. Don't give them the chance to know where the complaint came from as most of the world will only hate you for objectifying to their funnery!

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

thanks to your detailed description, i see what happened... new [Re: DR]
#262248 - 08/15/11 04:36 PM

so, this guy is nice and civil until his ol' lady comes blasting through the door bitching and moaning, and then he flips out?; common marriage issues, just sad that you had to be the sheetrock that got a hole punched in it.

i learned everything i know from KC

redk9258
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Whats wrong with some people!? new [Re: DR]
#262253 - 08/15/11 05:05 PM

Isn't there laws against contributing to a minor? Why didn't the adults go to jail? I personally won't talk to someone that has been drinking that I don't know. Maybe I'm a wimp, but you have much larger balls than me going to this party to tell them to turn it down. I would have just called the police. Let the police deal with belligerent, drunk people.

Oh, and just because someone comes around to tell you they are having a party doesn't give the right to disturb the peace.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: People let them get away with it? new [Re: DR]
#262258 - 08/15/11 05:16 PM

> That wont work he knows my wife is Police officer and hes already had the Police
> round to tell him to stop letting his kids ride mini motos up and down the street.

It's good to know that the "redneck" is not strictly an American phenomenon.

Moose
Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
Reged: 05/03/04
Loc: Outback, Australia
Send PM

Re: People let them get away with it? new [Re: DR]
#262319 - 08/16/11 05:03 AM

> hes already had the Police
> round to tell him to stop letting his kids ride mini motos up and down the street.

Ahhh, yes, let me make a few guesses:

(1). Got at least 2 flash cars ?

(2). Probably a nice boat in the shed that they never use ?

(3). Wear the finest clothes, lots of jewelery / gold ?

(4). None of which they can afford ?

If so, then yep, I know the type well. Point (4) is the clincher. If they could afford what they own, then they would buy a few acres for the brats out of town and let them ride their bikes legally out on their own land, instead doing it illegally in a city street / park, destroying everyone's peace and quiet, and risking other people's lives.

Moose

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 274 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1397