Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

lazy eye etiquette
#261974 - 08/11/11 04:40 PM

So there's a couple dudes here that have lazy eyes and in meetings I'm thrown off a bit when I speak directly to them. Don't know which eye to focus on and I'm sure they can sense the panic in my eyes. From what little I've read it seems focusing on the bridge of their nose is the best option. What say you?

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: lazy eye etiquette new [Re: Andrew]
#261975 - 08/11/11 04:51 PM

ugh, i HATE that crap.

i wish they'd wear shades.

i learned everything i know from KC

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

#261978 - 08/11/11 05:31 PM

Ask them "Are you looking at me when I'm talking to you muther fucker?". Then just look at the eye that is pointed at you then. LOL

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: lazy eye etiquette new [Re: redk9258]
#261979 - 08/11/11 05:34 PM

File a sexual harassment suit against them for staring at your junk during meetings.

"Lazy eye my ass, you were checkin' out my junk"

AeroCityMayor
Entity formerly known as alien_mame
Reged: 11/11/03
Loc: Wakefield, West Yorks, UK.
Send PM

#261980 - 08/11/11 05:39 PM

> Ask them "Are you looking at me when I'm talking to you muther fucker?". Then just
> look at the eye the is pointed at you then. LOL

rotfl

Coherance of posts inversely proportional to Foster's consumption!!!

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#261983 - 08/11/11 06:37 PM

> So there's a couple dudes here that have lazy eyes and in meetings I'm thrown off a
> bit when I speak directly to them. Don't know which eye to focus on and I'm sure they
> can sense the panic in my eyes. From what little I've read it seems focusing on the
> bridge of their nose is the best option. What say you?

Seems like the best option. Or you could do what I do and just avoid eye contact as much as possible. You'll look like a socially awkward nerd, but it's better than being perceived as rude.

What's weirder is when the person is looking somewhere else and their lazy eye is staring at you. I remember sitting across and to the right from my uncle during a meal, and getting completely creeped out that he was staring at me the entire time for no reason. He finally turned his head a little and I realized he hadn't been looking at me at all.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#261984 - 08/11/11 06:39 PM

I've heard that when you're talking to someone you can look at their ears and they won't notice... Unless you tell them. But it might not work too well if you're within so many feet or inches from their face.

But the bridge of their nose might be fine too.

Ooh! No. Keep looking at whatever it is their other/straying eye is looking at. Stop for a minute and look in that direction. After the 3rd or 4th time walk over to that area and closely inspect, then look right back at 'em and give them a confused glare while turning your hands up and forward in a 'shrug' like motion... Then slowly resume what you were doing. Then, at any random time, rush over there where they were looking again and yell "Ah-HA!" When you notice nothing is there again point at them and give them that glare again.

might make for some laughs.

And they'll think you're an a-hole.

LEVEL-4

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

#261988 - 08/11/11 07:50 PM

> So there's a couple dudes here that have lazy eyes and in meetings I'm thrown off a
> bit when I speak directly to them. Don't know which eye to focus on and I'm sure they
> can sense the panic in my eyes. From what little I've read it seems focusing on the
> bridge of their nose is the best option. What say you?

Just pull your trusty eye patch out of your back pocket and make them wear it for the duration of the meeting.

Or put on your sunglasses.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#261990 - 08/11/11 08:39 PM

> Ask them "Are you looking at me when I'm talking to you muther fucker?". Then just
> look at the eye that is pointed at you then. LOL

Damnit. Full throttle all over my monitor....

(Why and I always drinking something when the funny strikes?)

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: lazy eye etiquette new [Re: italie]
#261992 - 08/11/11 08:42 PM

You shouldn't drink that energy shit anyway. Drink Diet Coke! See, they really do put something in it to addict you. That's why I'm trying to get you to drink it!

jopezu
bread-train
Loc: georgia
Send PM

or... new [Re: Andrew]
#261994 - 08/11/11 09:14 PM

you just just be like "LOOK AT ME WHEN I'M TALKING TO YOU MOTHERFUCKER!"

i learned everything i know from KC

lharms
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#261996 - 08/11/11 09:53 PM

If it bugs you figure out which of their two eyes is dominant (the reason for the 'lazy eye' in the first place). It will usually be the one moving around a lot more. Or just ask them...

I use it to mess with people as I can use both eyes individually (left eye dominant). I can with a bit of concentration straighten them out. So smack my self on the side of the head and come up with them straight messes with people once they get used to you looking at the wrong place. Usually the response is 'dont do that, damn that messes with me'.

Least I can see out of both of them. Many people who have it are legally blind in the other eye.

The crazy 'bug eye' look that the glasses give them is from the prisms in the corners of the glasses that try to put the eye in the middle at least (works better on some people than others).

Also if you mess with me over it I will mess back. As I then *KNOW* it bugs you I have heard it before and I know how to make it act even more creepy.

Upside I have killer peripheral vision. Downside first person shooters make me sea sick as the worlds do not 'move right'.

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

#262003 - 08/11/11 11:53 PM

> You shouldn't drink that energy shit anyway. Drink Diet Coke! See, they really do put
> something in it to addict you. That's why I'm trying to get you to drink it!

Strangely enough, the diet coke screws with my blood sugar more than the normal coke...

Low sugar energy drinks make me a bit loopy, but keep the glucose on the level.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

#262012 - 08/12/11 03:36 AM

> look at the eye that is pointed at you then. LOL

LOL. That's actually EXACTLY what we used to ask our buddy with a lazy eye when we were teens. Always worked too.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Act normal? new [Re: Andrew]
#262017 - 08/12/11 03:59 AM

When I talk to someone my gaze just wanders back and forth between both of their eyes, lazy or not. (Unless nice tits are on display, then it's time to stare at the face with intense concentration.)
I do try to identify the dominant eye and give it most of my attention though. If you're making eye contact with someone it may as well count.

I figure if someone has a lazy eye they probably know it and would prefer to be treated normally rather than given the Medusa treatment.

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

Re: Act normal? new [Re: aavada]
#262026 - 08/12/11 04:31 AM

I'd rather look at the tits! Like Joe Walsh, I like big tits!

Uh huh

I like big tits
(uh huh uh huh)

You see 'em on the street
left and right
I like big tits (that's right)
I try to look away
but I can't resist
Everytime I try to call it quits
Here come some tits
(that's a big 10-4)

Uh huh

I like big tits (uh huh uh huh)
Tits
Well they come in twos
Hard to choose
your favorite tit
uh huh

I like tits for dinner
Or a noon time snack
I like tits for lunch
a big tit attack
I like tits for breakfast
it's what it is
they're where its at
tits

They give me shivers
when they bounce around
Buckled up or hanging on the ground
I like big tits
uh huh
tits, save it all for me
tits
I'm a tit man...

Edited by redk9258 (08/12/11 04:33 AM)

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

How odd is this timing... my daughter just got diagnosed with this. new [Re: Andrew]
#262027 - 08/12/11 04:47 AM

The pediatrician today was doing my 2 year old's well-child deal, and after testing his eyes, he was just playing with my daughter and did her eyes just to be fun with her... and then said "Wait a minute."

He sent us across the hall to the ophthalmologist... and sure enough my 3 1/2 year old peanut needs corrective glasses for ambliopia.

Gatinha cried, but I don't think its the end of the world. She's still a beautiful little girl... but it is a surprise. No one in our family has this.

Matty_
Part-time troll
Reged: 01/25/08
Send PM

Re: How odd is this timing... my daughter just got diagnosed with this. new [Re: GatKong]
#262033 - 08/12/11 10:25 AM

Yeah, well guys only have an issue with other guys who have lazy eye. In the case of girls, they just make eye contact with teh boobage, anyway.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Talk about a kill joy new [Re: Matty_]
#262055 - 08/12/11 04:04 PM

Y'all enjoying a good thread, and here comes Gat... "Hey, I know a funny joke... what kind of roller skates does your Mother wear?"

"My Mother has no legs, you ass hole."

[awkward silence]

Anywho, didn't mean to be a kill-joy in this thread... was just thinking about the irony of the timing of the thread and my daughter getting it... so... it's still funny... ha ha. [cough]

Sorry about the kill-joy thing.

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

Re: How odd is this timing... my daughter just got diagnosed with this. new [Re: GatKong]
#262056 - 08/12/11 05:06 PM

> The pediatrician today was doing my 2 year old's well-child deal, and after testing
> his eyes, he was just playing with my daughter and did her eyes just to be fun with
> her... and then said "Wait a minute."
>
> He sent us across the hall to the ophthalmologist... and sure enough my 3 1/2 year
> old peanut needs corrective glasses for ambliopia.

Lazy-eye more accurately describes strabismus. Strabismus can lead to amblyopia, which is why "lazy-eye" is often used to describe both.

lharms
MAME Fan
Send PM

#262060 - 08/12/11 05:41 PM

Its ok, its actually fairly common (more than people realize). A *LOT* of people have it and do not even know they have it.

Like with mine my eye will wander a bit. I also have mono-ocular vision. Meaning I can see out of both but do not 'connect' properly and do not get the 3d effect (I can if I concentrate). Many people the eyes continue to track properly but one will be just a bit slow to catch up. As they can see out of both fairly well.

There is also a set of eye exercises you can do to strengthen it up (which reduces the wandering bit). But being a 2 year old that will be fun... Usually they will use an patch over the good eye for a few months to get the bad one to develop better (at that age, course its been a few years since I went thru it so they may do something else). Which is causing it in the first place.

That reminds me need to make an appointment my current glasses are not helping as much anymore (my right one is slightly over corrected). This is important too. As getting any sort of astigmatism corrected properly as it can make the issue worse.

Also it can skip generations. None of my aunts or uncles have it, or my parents. But a couple of my cousins on my moms side have it.

Actually out of my family I have the best vision. They were all up to bi-focals by my age. I can read without them at all. Just need them once and awhile for reading and driving (as you get older...).

If you didnt even notice it one eye is probably just slightly behind the other eye in development. So the doctor noticed a bit of lag. But he is trained to spot it early...

lharms
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: How odd is this timing... my daughter just got diagnosed with this. new [Re: lharms]
#262098 - 08/13/11 02:44 AM

This seemed appropriate for this thread

http://wins.failblog.org/2011/08/05/epic-win-photos-internet-irl-optometry-office/

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

Re: Talk about a kill joy new [Re: GatKong]
#262103 - 08/13/11 03:45 AM

> Y'all enjoying a good thread, and here comes Gat... "Hey, I know a funny joke... what
> kind of roller skates does your Mother wear?"
>
> "My Mother has no legs, you ass hole."
>
> [awkward silence]
>
> Anywho, didn't mean to be a kill-joy in this thread... was just thinking about the
> irony of the timing of the thread and my daughter getting it... so... it's still
> funny... ha ha. [cough]
>
> Sorry about the kill-joy thing.

You're no buzz-kill, no worries man.

Actually, I can now remember the eye-patch thing from my own childhood, thanks to this discussion. Had completely forgotten about it, but I can remember having worn a patch for a short period during my pre-pre-school years. Guess the correction worked; I don't wear glasses and my eyesight's fine.

*shrug*

redk9258
Regular
Send PM

#262130 - 08/13/11 06:47 PM

Did you hear about the baby boy who was born without eyelids? When the doctor circumcised him, he used his foreskin for replacements. Now the baby is a little cock-eyed.

Press button...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 294 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1852