MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

bloody demons
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/05/11
Send PM

sorta new to mame/...
#261485 - 08/05/11 08:15 AM

I have been to countless sites and downloaded the final fight rom for MAMEUIFX32 0.138 and none of them work...i was told i might need to download that specific rom for the version of mame i got...any idea where i can find it or am i doing something wrong...maybe the settings in mame are wrong?

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Re: sorta new to mame/... new [Re: bloody demons]
#261512 - 08/05/11 04:15 PM Attachment: oops.JPG 105 KB (1 downloads)

> I have been to countless sites and downloaded the final fight rom for MAMEUIFX32
> 0.138 and none of them work...i was told i might need to download that specific rom
> for the version of mame i got...any idea where i can find it or am i doing something
> wrong...maybe the settings in mame are wrong?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

bodger319
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/23/06
Send PM

#261533 - 08/05/11 09:04 PM

> I have been to countless sites and downloaded the final fight rom for MAMEUIFX32
> 0.138 and none of them work...i was told i might need to download that specific rom
> for the version of mame i got...any idea where i can find it or am i doing something
> wrong...maybe the settings in mame are wrong?

And which version of Mame it is that you have got?
Something suggests to me that it is not compatible with the Roms you are using and therefore they don´t work.

And as to are you doing something wrong.
Suggesting the settings in MAME are wrong seems to me to be as wrong as you can possibly get.
I would suggest with that remark that you will not receive much assistance.

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

#261535 - 08/05/11 09:51 PM

> ... downloaded the final fight rom for MAMEUIFX32 0.138

You said it all in that sentence. MAME 0.138 was released well over a year ago, and a lot has changed since then.

zambr
MAME Fanatic
Reged: 04/12/09
Send PM

Re: sorta new to mame/... new [Re: bodger319]
#261567 - 08/06/11 02:53 AM

Something thats always bugged me about auditing MAME ROMS.

Say Joe Bloggs downloads a bunch of ROMS intended for latest MAME. How can you set clrmamepro to audit just those ROMS only, and not list 4000+?

So for example, i downloaded 1942a.zip and wish to audit this zip only. All thats required for the zip:

(1) Need to check first is zip a parent.
(2) If it is, list missing/needed etc.
(3) If a clone, list missing/needed etc for zip, plus list parent zip details too.

Is this an issue with MAME (not being able to create a custom DAT via command line for example) or clrmamepro?

Always been curious about this.

MAME.EXE -createdat 1942a
MAME.EXE -createdat 1942a puckman sf2a

Edited by zambr (08/06/11 03:10 AM)

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

Re: sorta new to mame/... new [Re: zambr]
#261581 - 08/06/11 05:16 AM

http://mameworld.info/easyemu/mameguidenew/mameguide-options.html

-verifyroms . The game name is optional and only used if you don't want to generate a list for all of MAME's games. The wildcard will let you verify a list of roms of certain games e.g. -verifyroms puck* will verify a list of games starting with puck. The example will verify the complete set of roms used by MAME and redirect it to a text file called verifylist.txt. You can open the text file in notepad.

-romident . File is the name of the file you need to identify. MAME will give you an error of 0-9 depending on whether it knows what the rom is. Errors are...

0: means all files were identified
7: means all files were identified except for 1 or more "non-ROM" files
8: means some files were identified
9: means no files were identified

Roman
Regular
Reged: 09/21/03
Send PM

Re: sorta new to mame/... new [Re: zambr]
#261599 - 08/06/11 08:00 AM

scanner-> setinformation; filter on whatever you want... or simply hide completely missing sets via scanner context menu 'view'.

Lilwolf
Lurker
Reged: 01/10/04
Send PM

#261746 - 08/08/11 11:27 AM

The other thing is there are parent and child roms for final fight. The child roms are just whats different from the parent and itself. So you need the parent rom to get a child rom to run.

So ffight.zip is the parent rom. You will always need this. But if you want to play the US version, you will need ffightu.zip

And the parent rom hasn't changed since .126u5 so that should be good. The clones have changed since. So update your mame version. btw, Rom info can be found at http://maws.mameworld.info/maws/

good luck

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 343 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2780