View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Minecraft Universe (music video)
#261237 - 08/01/11 10:37 PM

Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it myself. It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the feeling from a good trance song mixed with visuals.

Fun starts after a minute.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Thanks new [Re: BIOS-D]
#261259 - 08/02/11 05:35 AM

> Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it myself.
> It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the feeling
> from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
>
> Fun starts after a minute.

I would bet a fortune people playing minecraft have dreams about it. And I do appreciate the visuals... They were a lot better than almost all other trance song vids on youtube where you have a generic looking kaleidoscope effect happening. Or maybe those don't do anything for me.

Edited by T0M (08/02/11 05:41 AM)

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Thanks new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#261262 - 08/02/11 06:01 AM

> I would bet a fortune people playing minecraft have dreams about it.

Oddly enough, I don't get the "Tetris Effect" after playing Minecraft, even for hours. You'd think the repeating patterns would lend itself to that. Maybe because it's a fairly low intensity game (except for the &*%(^$ creepers).

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Thanks new [Re: DMala]
#261263 - 08/02/11 06:38 AM

> Oddly enough, I don't get the "Tetris Effect" after playing Minecraft, even for
> hours. You'd think the repeating patterns would lend itself to that. Maybe because
> it's a fairly low intensity game (except for the &*%(^$ creepers).

If you think Creepers were bad, wait for the Endermen. Minecraft team is really good in creating scary or memorable monsters, even when the AI is cheap and predictable after a while.

*spoiler image*

While Minecraft requires a lot of monotony, there's so many actions you need to do at some point or another it's difficult to keep doing the same for hours unlike Tetris or Bejeweled. No surprise it's hard to get the Tetris Effect on it.

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#261265 - 08/02/11 06:57 AM

> > I would bet a fortune people playing minecraft have dreams about it.
>
> Oddly enough, I don't get the "Tetris Effect" after playing Minecraft, even for
> hours. You'd think the repeating patterns would lend itself to that. Maybe because
> it's a fairly low intensity game (except for the &*%(^$ creepers).

I wasn't thinking so much about the repeating patterns but the many hours it must take to build up or dig out huge structures, getting it just right, or being cursed with OCD and trying different ways/patterns or whatever, obsessing over details till you enter a zombie or robotic like state making something.

This is why I must stay away from the hell outta MineCraft.

LEVEL-4

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Thanks new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#261266 - 08/02/11 07:21 AM

> I wasn't thinking so much about the repeating patterns but the many hours it must
> take to build up or dig out huge structures, getting it just right, or being cursed
> with OCD and trying different ways/patterns or whatever, obsessing over details till
> you enter a zombie or robotic like state making something.

Resource collection is probably the most time consuming part of the game. I find I spend a lot of time mining (imagine that!), either gathering stone to build with or looking for coal, iron, redstone, gold, etc. That's probably the closest I get to zoning out in the game. Building and creating actually seems to go pretty quickly. You're working with relatively large blocks, so getting things to line up and come together properly is pretty straightforward. You're never finished, of course, but you can put together something fairly impressive in a pretty short time.

> This is why I must stay away from the hell outta MineCraft.

Aw, c'mon, you know you want to. If you buy the Humble Bundle you can try it for free until 8/14.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Universe (music video) new [Re: BIOS-D]
#261269 - 08/02/11 01:09 PM

> Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it myself.
> It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the feeling
> from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
>
> Fun starts after a minute.

Looking closely, I believe that it's all completely in-game until he goes through that tunnel at 1:10 - that's then the 'Minecraft Beta' text disappears from the top corner for a start

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Universe (music video) new [Re: Fever]
#261274 - 08/02/11 02:04 PM

> > Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it myself.
> > It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the feeling
> > from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
> >
> > Fun starts after a minute.
>
> Looking closely, I believe that it's all completely in-game until he goes through
> that tunnel at 1:10 - that's then the 'Minecraft Beta' text disappears from the top
> corner for a start

There's actually a mod that warps the view like that. It is likely still in minecraft, but with the HUD turned off (press F1) until the camera angle reverses at the end of the track.
The music of course is not mc-generated at that point, with sounds coming in for a while before that.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Universe (music video) new [Re: TriggerFin]
#261277 - 08/02/11 03:21 PM

> > > Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it
> myself.
> > > It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the feeling
> > > from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
> > >
> > > Fun starts after a minute.
> >
> > Looking closely, I believe that it's all completely in-game until he goes through
> > that tunnel at 1:10 - that's then the 'Minecraft Beta' text disappears from the top
> > corner for a start
>
> There's actually a mod that warps the view like that. It is likely still in
> minecraft, but with the HUD turned off (press F1) until the camera angle reverses at
> the end of the track.
> The music of course is not mc-generated at that point, with sounds coming in for a
> while before that.

So you can ride a pig through space and wave at a random alien family in-game?
Kewl!

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Send PM

#261295 - 08/02/11 06:34 PM

> So you can ride a pig through space and wave at a random alien family in-game?
> Kewl!

You can all download the map for first part of the video here:

http://www.deadworkerspartynetwork.com/eric/minecraft_universe/

No music, only scenery. Minecart physics have changed too, so don't expect the ride to work without more powered rails.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

#261296 - 08/02/11 06:42 PM

>Building and creating actually seems to go pretty quickly.

Unless you're trying to build a castle out of ice... gotta wait for the water to freeze... keep slipping off the walls to your peril below... working in the dark because torches will melt the ice... typical union work really.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#261305 - 08/02/11 09:54 PM

> > > > Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it
> > myself.
> > > > It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the
> feeling
> > > > from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
> > > >
> > > > Fun starts after a minute.
> > >
> > > Looking closely, I believe that it's all completely in-game until he goes through
> > > that tunnel at 1:10 - that's then the 'Minecraft Beta' text disappears from the
> top
> > > corner for a start
> >
> > There's actually a mod that warps the view like that. It is likely still in
> > minecraft, but with the HUD turned off (press F1) until the camera angle reverses
> at
> > the end of the track.
> > The music of course is not mc-generated at that point, with sounds coming in for a
> > while before that.
>
> So you can ride a pig through space and wave at a random alien family in-game?
> Kewl!

Come on, I said right there, "until the camera angle reverses at the end of the track." All the waving and pig-flying is after that.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Send PM

Re: Minecraft Universe (music video) new [Re: TriggerFin]
#261345 - 08/03/11 12:23 PM

> > > > > Three months old I know and probably posted before, but I haven't watch it
> > > myself.
> > > > > It's also probable you're all old enough to not appreciate and/or get the
> > feeling
> > > > > from a good trance song mixed with visuals.
> > > > >
> > > > > Fun starts after a minute.
> > > >
> > > > Looking closely, I believe that it's all completely in-game until he goes
> through
> > > > that tunnel at 1:10 - that's then the 'Minecraft Beta' text disappears from the
> > top
> > > > corner for a start
> > >
> > > There's actually a mod that warps the view like that. It is likely still in
> > > minecraft, but with the HUD turned off (press F1) until the camera angle reverses
> > at
> > > the end of the track.
> > > The music of course is not mc-generated at that point, with sounds coming in for
> a
> > > while before that.
> >
> > So you can ride a pig through space and wave at a random alien family in-game?
> > Kewl!
>
> Come on, I said right there, "until the camera angle reverses at the end of the
> track." All the waving and pig-flying is after that.

Oh LOL - you meant the rail track - I was thinking you meant the musical track - Soz

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 372 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2956