MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters
#261204 - 08/01/11 03:23 PM

Caught the last few seconds of the show as I was channel surfing yesterday (or was it Saturday) and saw Barbara at a Pac-Man cab in her dressing room. It seems the guest stars and cast (except for Barbara) are addicted to Pac-Man and would rather play it than go on with the show. Until the end of the show where Barbara is alone with the game and we learn she too is addicted. Original air date was 27 Feb 1982.

It was a pretty good show and I remember watching it a lot. I was very fond of Louise from what I recall.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

yaggy
Coin-op fixer
Reged: 01/23/05
Loc: Philadelphia
Send PM

Re: Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters new [Re: Andrew]
#261216 - 08/01/11 05:49 PM

> Caught the last few seconds of the show as I was channel surfing yesterday (or was it
> Saturday) and saw Barbara at a Pac-Man cab in her dressing room.

I wonder why they never got clearances back then for things -- they covered the marquee and painted the cabinet sides. I bet the game noises were Atari 2600 Donkey Kong sounds.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Are they tiny people or are my eyes messing with me?? _nt_ new [Re: Andrew]
#261250 - 08/02/11 03:51 AM

I want to chainsaw you like an animal...

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#261294 - 08/02/11 06:33 PM

you think those arcade props wind up in auction sites or do they give them to the prop makers?

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#261312 - 08/03/11 02:05 AM

I'm guessing they rent or lease the props, furniture, etc. But that was 30 years ago so maybe it's done differently today.

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

#261313 - 08/03/11 02:12 AM

Id love to own the pacman from this taxi episode
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKTKqGgKeZ4

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

Re: Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters new [Re: yaggy]
#261333 - 08/03/11 06:11 AM

> I wonder why they never got clearances back then for things -- they covered the
> marquee and painted the cabinet sides. I bet the game noises were Atari 2600 Donkey
> Kong sounds.

That ATARI 2600 Donkey Kong clip was used for EVERYTHING. In fact, it's still used today sometimes. I think it must have been on some sort of "stock sounds" collection that everyone used.

GroovyMAME support forum on BYOAC

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Barbara Mandrell & The Mandrell Sisters new [Re: krick]
#261346 - 08/03/11 12:30 PM

> > I wonder why they never got clearances back then for things -- they covered the
> > marquee and painted the cabinet sides. I bet the game noises were Atari 2600 Donkey
> > Kong sounds.
>
> That ATARI 2600 Donkey Kong clip was used for EVERYTHING. In fact, it's still used
> today sometimes. I think it must have been on some sort of "stock sounds" collection
> that everyone used.

Yeah, even when people are playing on X-Boxes and PlayStartions they still use Space Invaders, Pac-Man, DK etc sound clips - I know that retro-remakes are available but all the kids on TV are retrogamers?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
1 registered and 66 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1362