MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

chad0x001
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/27/11
Send PM

Wolfmame setup
#261083 - 07/30/11 10:04 PM

Im trying to watch some inp's from Marp - they all require wolfmame. I downloaded the inp file and the correct wolfmame from marp but when I run wolfmame, AVG Resident Shield Alert wlfview.exe trojan horse PSW.Agent.AJWS Detected an open....

Every time.

How can i stop this happening?

mahlemiut
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: New Zealand
Send PM

Re: Wolfmame setup new [Re: chad0x001]
#261088 - 07/31/11 12:11 AM

> Im trying to watch some inp's from Marp - they all require wolfmame. I downloaded the
> inp file and the correct wolfmame from marp but when I run wolfmame, AVG Resident
> Shield Alert wlfview.exe trojan horse PSW.Agent.AJWS Detected an open....
>
> Every time.
>
> How can i stop this happening?

You don't need to run wlfview.exe, that's just an application to view the data in the generated .wlf file. To view an INP, you use the -playback switch, as with regular MAME. Do note, that you may need to move or delete the game's .nv file (by default, located in the NVRAM folder) before playback.

- Barry Rodewald
Editor at MARP - http://replay.marpirc.net

chad0x001
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Wolfmame setup new [Re: mahlemiut]
#261111 - 07/31/11 11:02 AM

Right, I deleted the wlfview and wlfview32 files. now when I go playback inp, it starts up, get to the screen where you have to type, OK, type OK then it stops. I think perhaps the wolfmame I have wont work with the .143 roms I have or something. Ideas and suggestions gladly accepted.

Just tried running a few games. type OK/OK then I get a black background, with a bevelled rectangle in it with a small blue square top left on screen and it gets no further. Doh?

Edited by chad0x001 (07/31/11 11:05 AM)

Cheesoid
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/20/07
Send PM

#261147 - 07/31/11 09:24 PM

> Right, I deleted the wlfview and wlfview32 files. now when I go playback inp, it
> starts up, get to the screen where you have to type, OK, type OK then it stops. I
> think perhaps the wolfmame I have wont work with the .143 roms I have or something.
> Ideas and suggestions gladly accepted.
>
> Just tried running a few games. type OK/OK then I get a black background, with a
> bevelled rectangle in it with a small blue square top left on screen and it gets no
> further. Doh?

I get this too. Just hit return and it'll carry on

------
Parallel Realities

chad0x001
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: Wolfmame setup new [Re: Cheesoid]
#261154 - 08/01/11 12:13 AM

Thats it! You're my new hero! Thanks mate

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#261389 - 08/03/11 11:45 PM

I have to admit Wolfmame is an awesome program.

I just wish there was a universal version of it that plays all the replay files at MARP. I have several versions of Wolfmame I need just to be able to play a handful of replays.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

Re: Wolfmame setup new [Re: Outrun2006]
#261651 - 08/06/11 09:23 PM

> I have to admit Wolfmame is an awesome program.
>
> I just wish there was a universal version of it that plays all the replay files at
> MARP. I have several versions of Wolfmame I need just to be able to play a handful of
> replays.

... I don't think that's possible.

- Stiletto

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Wolfmame setup new [Re: Stiletto]
#261671 - 08/07/11 05:07 AM

> > I have to admit Wolfmame is an awesome program.
> >
> > I just wish there was a universal version of it that plays all the replay files at
> > MARP. I have several versions of Wolfmame I need just to be able to play a handful
> of
> > replays.
>
> ... I don't think that's possible.
>
> - Stiletto

...for the same reason you need the complementary files with baseline MAME. Also, make sure your nvram, cfg, and ini files, per game, are deleted prior to viewing another's inp.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 166 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3322