Dead at 27 due to drug overdose.
http://gawker.com/5824097/singer-amy-winehouse-dead-at-27

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Still sad, though. new [Re: JimmyU]
#260611 - 07/23/11 10:07 PM

Jump to 6:50 if you're the impatient type. (Because I don't know how to skip-to in an embed, okay? Sheesh.)

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

The real sad part happened years ago. new [Re: aavada]
#260615 - 07/23/11 10:52 PM

> Jump to 6:50 if you're the impatient type. (Because I don't know how to skip-to in an
> embed, okay? Sheesh.)

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Obviously caused by the tatoos. -nt- new [Re: italie]
#260617 - 07/23/11 11:33 PM

> > Jump to 6:50 if you're the impatient type. (Because I don't know how to skip-to in
> an
> > embed, okay? Sheesh.)

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

Re: Still sad, though. new [Re: aavada]
#260636 - 07/24/11 03:11 AM

> Because I don't know how to skip-to in an embed

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3500/link-specific-time-youtube

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

They tried to make me go to rehab, I said, "No, no, no" *nt* new [Re: JimmyU]
#260645 - 07/24/11 04:45 AM

> Dead at 27 due to drug overdose.
> http://gawker.com/5824097/singer-amy-winehouse-dead-at-27

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Love this attachment. :D *nt* new [Re: Andrew]
#260646 - 07/24/11 04:56 AM

> > Because I don't know how to skip-to in an embed
>
> http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3500/link-specific-time-youtube

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: The real sad part happened years ago. new [Re: italie]
#260671 - 07/24/11 07:59 AM

She had to be a meth user, right? It seems like the damage caused by heroin is not usually that dramatic.

It's a shame that so many talented musicians fall into the same trap. You'd think at least some of them would learn from others mistakes.

Jdurgi
Regular
Loc: NEW England, CT
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: JimmyU]
#260712 - 07/25/11 04:36 AM

> Dead at 27 due to drug overdose.
> http://gawker.com/5824097/singer-amy-winehouse-dead-at-27

I hate sounding like a douche, but having battled and won nasty drug/alcohol addiction myself, I can't say that I have any empathy for her. What hurts me most is seeing her classified with the other members of the "27-year old" club. Mostly because I don't think she was anywhere close to as influential and talented as they were. I'm sad that I'll never get to see Hendrix, Kobain, or Joplin live ever in my life.

--------------------------------------------------
I am just a worthless liar.
I am just an imbecile.
I will only complicate you.
Trust in me and fall as well.

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Amy Winehouse autopsy inconclusive new [Re: JimmyU]
#260743 - 07/25/11 09:43 PM

Winehouse autopsy did not establish cause of death

Quote:

Winehouse was found dead in her home on Saturday, face down on a water bed. She was bound to the bed with handcuffs, chains and padlocks. Coroner's officer Sharon Duff told reporters Monday that "the scene was investigated by police and determined non-suspicious." Winehouse had a sex toy in her throat, Duff said. She was also wearing a leather mask with the eyes and mouth zipped shut and a two-piece metal sphere covering her head.

Sad, really. Mrs. Gor had tickets to see her in '07, but the show was canceled.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

StilettoAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Amy Winehouse autopsy inconclusive new [Re: Gor]
#260777 - 07/26/11 06:52 AM

> Winehouse autopsy did not establish cause of death
>
> Winehouse was found dead in her home on Saturday, face down on a water bed. She was
> bound to the bed with handcuffs, chains and padlocks. Coroner's officer Sharon Duff
> told reporters Monday that "the scene was investigated by police and determined
> non-suspicious." Winehouse had a sex toy in her throat, Duff said. She was also
> wearing a leather mask with the eyes and mouth zipped shut and a two-piece metal
> sphere covering her head.
>
> Sad, really. Mrs. Gor had tickets to see her in '07, but the show was canceled.

Sounds like the same guy who murdered her murdered David Carradine.

- Stiletto

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: Jdurgi]
#260779 - 07/26/11 07:24 AM

No shit. Just because you died in a rockstar lifestyle doesn't mean you're on par with Hendrix. Sorry to cause waves but even Cobain didn't hold a candle to Hendrix or Joplin.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: Hizzout]
#260785 - 07/26/11 07:50 AM

> No shit. Just because you died in a rockstar lifestyle doesn't mean you're on par
> with Hendrix. Sorry to cause waves but even Cobain didn't hold a candle to Hendrix or
> Joplin.

Agreed, but I'd still let Cobain in the club for igniting a new era of music.

I wouldn't let Wine-o suck a club members....member.

DR
Skeptical Linkbot
Reged: 04/05/07
Loc: UK
Send PM

Re: The real sad part happened years ago. new [Re: DMala]
#260805 - 07/26/11 04:20 PM

> She had to be a meth user, right? It seems like the damage caused by heroin is not
> usually that dramatic.

I had a friend who battled with Heroin for 10 years or so and I lost another along the way. I have also known several other users in my past and trust me the damage can be horrific. AFAIK Meth is still not widely used in the UK.

There is no sin except stupidity.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: Hizzout]
#260807 - 07/26/11 04:26 PM

Maybe not to you but he did to a lot of other people. Not talking about Hendrix, but Joplin? Did she ever even have an album? Sorry but potential or playing a good show at Woodstock doesn't cut for me. I liked her style but she's not out of Cobain's league even if you think he was lame or whatever.

italieAdministrator
Send PM

Re: The real sad part happened years ago. new [Re: DR]
#260831 - 07/26/11 11:58 PM

> > She had to be a meth user, right? It seems like the damage caused by heroin is not
> > usually that dramatic.
>
> I had a friend who battled with Heroin for 10 years or so and I lost another along
> the way. I have also known several other users in my past and trust me the damage can
> be horrific. AFAIK Meth is still not widely used in the UK.

Heroin is just as bad as meth in mental/physical damage, worse in some aspects. Both suck the "spark" right out of your soul, and very few ever get it back. I don't wish either on anyone.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: Smitdogg]
#260861 - 07/27/11 04:55 AM

> Maybe not to you but he did to a lot of other people. Not talking about Hendrix, but
> Joplin? Did she ever even have an album? Sorry but potential or playing a good show
> at Woodstock doesn't cut for me. I liked her style but she's not out of Cobain's
> league even if you think he was lame or whatever.

I still believe it doesn't matter who it is, (s)he's not a god. A musician is only that: a musician, a normal person it just happens to be known by a lot of people and sometimes bring something "fresh" (not noticed on others before) to the current music. And just like any common person in the world, they have their good and bad times. But not a musician (or any celebrity), it has to be either really good or pretty bad to everyone. All expecting the better or the worse from them, like if they were some kind of deities everyone put its broken dreams. That's exactly the kind of shit it makes them commit stupid decisions and feel lonelier or helpless.

Not directed to anyone, just talking in general terms. Musicians convert to douchebags for a reason, and that generally happens when they believe they're smarter than anyone else (i.e. they didn't finish school or enclose themselves in a cubicle) because people make them feel as someone different or a "prodigy".

Just as beauty, music quality is a very relative term. There's not wrong or right.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Least surprising celebrity death ever...Amy Winehouse new [Re: BIOS-D]
#260885 - 07/27/11 08:33 AM

> > Maybe not to you but he did to a lot of other people. Not talking about Hendrix,
> but
> > Joplin? Did she ever even have an album? Sorry but potential or playing a good show
> > at Woodstock doesn't cut for me. I liked her style but she's not out of Cobain's
> > league even if you think he was lame or whatever.
>
> I still believe it doesn't matter who it is, (s)he's not a god. A musician is only
> that: a musician, a normal person it just happens to be known by a lot of people and
> sometimes bring something "fresh" (not noticed on others before) to the current
> music. And just like any common person in the world, they have their good and bad
> times. But not a musician (or any celebrity), it has to be either really good or
> pretty bad to everyone. All expecting the better or the worse from them, like if they
> were some kind of deities everyone put its broken dreams. That's exactly the kind of
> shit it makes them commit stupid decisions and feel lonelier or helpless.
>
> Not directed to anyone, just talking in general terms. Musicians convert to
> douchebags for a reason, and that generally happens when they believe they're smarter
> than anyone else (i.e. they didn't finish school or enclose themselves in a cubicle)
> because people make them feel as someone different or a "prodigy".
>
> Just as beauty, music quality is a very relative term. There's not wrong or right.

Well, she died without me being able to name a single song she's responsible for. Most of the others died before I could be aware of them as musicians. When Cobain died, my reaction was to ask, "yeah, who is hasn't got a gun?"

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 182 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2574