View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Reged: 07/09/11
Loc: california united states
Send PM

Netplay Via Ad-Hoc
#259717 - 07/12/11 02:12 PM Attachment: Tutorial on adhoc.jpg 0 KB (4 downloads)

i searched for hours looking how to setup a netplay game via ad hoc and i eventually had to figure it out myself i wanted to post this so other noobs to Netplay may have some insight on what to do if u have a friend and no internet.
1:Make sure one of the computers has both an ivp4 and ivp6 ip address http://ip-lookup.net/
2:go there to check your ipv4/ipv6 address
2a: if you dont have internet make a wireless ad-hoc network by going to start menu typing network and clicking network and sharing center
on MY computer on the left there is an option that says set up a connection or wireless network find that on your computer and press it.
3:make your network you can choose whether you want it to have a password or not personally i choose not to because it makes connecting easier.
4: make sure you have an emulator that supports netplay(you can check the emulator list here http://kaillera.com/download.php) and get the kaillera server files THIS LINK IS FOR WINDOWS USERS ONLY http://kaillera.com/files/kaillerasrv-0.86-win32.zip
5;Then get this one http://kaillera.com/files/kaillera-0.9-sdk.zip
6:now we will setup kaillera
6a:first open your Kaillera SDK file. take the kaillera.dll file and place it in your emulator-of-choice's pluginsfolder if it doesnt have a plugins folder just put it where the application itself is.
6b:next we setup the kaillera Server. open the OTHER kaillera file and extract it to the desktop in its own folder.
6C:open the folder and open the kailleraserv.conf file with notepad (or other text-processor of choice)
6D:now that it is open you may name your server by replacing the part where it says unknown serv0r.
you can add a URL/website name if you wish but i leave it blank
next set the max users you want if you have super quick internet and a good computer i would say about 5 is best most games only support 2-4 with the exception of the epic X-Men game. but with 5 you can chat before during and after the game.
after setting the max users you will see it says port.
do not change this
6E:next it will have a section to chhange your ip address. you are going to erase the numbers that come after ip= and leave it blank so it will do it automatically
6F: next it will show options for chat flood protection (so no one can spam)
leave that alone unless you wish to change how many messages they can send in how many seconds
after that it says minimum ping restriction if you are using a ad-hoc network just leave it alone if you are using actual internet (which you can find a guide for here http://www.gameworldblog.com/?p=807) the nyou can change it based on your desire of how much lag the other user can have. it is best to leave it alone
next it will show maximum ocnnection settings make sure it is set to 0 (disabled)
and there is a message of the day section which i have yet to figure out where that message actually shows up.
7:now we are going to go back to the kaillara server which was the FIRST file you downloaded (which was for windows only! linux is here http://kaillera.com/files/kaillerasrv-0.86-linux.tgz and the freeBSD (whatever that is) is located here http://kaillera.com/files/kaillerasrv-0.86-freebsd.tgz)
8:once you have the server set up the DLL files in place (on both computers) the computer with the ipv6 will open up the kaillerasrv application (After changing the kaillerasrv.conf file of course) and he will leave it open it should show a cool ascci picto-thingy that says kaillaserv and it will say initializing kaillera commmunication layer and then it will say listening on port (there will be a port number here) for incoming connections.
it should NOT say connecting to the master list or ANYTHING involving the list and/or connecting to anything (until someone tries to connect to your server via the ad-hoc)
9:the person who opened the server will proceed to open their emulator of chice that supports netplay and click netplay now click connect to ip.
now on the bottom right of your computer start bar there should be a symbol of somesort letting you know you are connected to an ad-hoc network click that and right click the network and hit properties then hit status and then details in the details it will say a bunch of weird shit that noone in their right minds will understand but look for where it says ipv6 address type that address into the ip connect bar and hit connect and you should be connected to your server YAY YOU cAN NOW PPLAY NETPLAY ALONE
if you would like someone to join you on your alien killing spree the have them go on their computer and do the same and they should be in too if they are not then you have some options
option1: move closer to the other computer
option2: after hte ip addres type a colon : (insert port number here) the port number is located on the server window
option3: give up break your computer have drunken wild sex and end up with a kid 9 months later (not helpful if you want to use netplay)
now on to the next thing (you thought we were done didnt you?)
hit start game now both of you MUST have the SAME emulator and the SAME ROM and the SAME version of the emulator.
the server hoster will not create the game the other person will by selecting a ROM of their choice that the server hoster has. he willl hit start game and the server hoster will then proceed to hit join game. YOU CAN NOW PLAY
i would suggest though that before you start actually playign that you hit the EMULATORS (not the ingame) pause button and configure your controller (if your using MAME or other arcade emulator make sure you know which button "inserts" the coin)
and you are free to play if you have any questions you can email me at [email protected] make sure you put NETPLAY (in all caps)
in the subject line and i will TRY to get back to you soon (no promises) i use kawaks as my emulator and mame32 (those are just for netplay) for a BETTER mame get mameui32 (the newest version which can be found here for 32bit users http://mameui.info/MameUI32.7z and here for 64 bit users http://mameui.info/MameUI64.7z)these do NOT support netplay but are very good indeed OH AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR ROMS SELECTED CORECTLY thank you and peace out

This picture shows what your kaillera.conf file should look like.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Daddy why doesn't this magnet pick up this floppy disk?
Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone, somewhere may be happy
I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Send PM

Re: Netplay Via Ad-Hoc new [Re: psychoraiden]
#259719 - 07/12/11 02:26 PM Attachment: Tutorial on adhoc.jpg 0 KB (9 downloads)

picture

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

#259728 - 07/12/11 03:32 PM

No. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Kaillera needs to die. If you REALLY want to play adhoc, look into MAMEHub. You can find a thread about it here: http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/sho...part=1&vc=1

Kaillera is full of security holes that allow remote takeover of a machine. Additionally, it will NEVER be better than it is due to severe design flaws.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

You certainly are special...<nt> new [Re: psychoraiden]
#259729 - 07/12/11 03:34 PM

> picture

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

*opened topic, seen large wall of unbroken text, lost interest, hit back* [nt] new [Re: psychoraiden]
#259737 - 07/12/11 05:17 PM

hurhur, that's whut uh did, yep.

me lie, me add reply, oh! and this here text to.

LEVEL-4

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Send PM

Re: Netplay Via Ad-Hoc new [Re: Firehawke]
#259758 - 07/12/11 09:24 PM

true but with MAMEhub you have to forward your port s (which i dont know how to do) AND THIS GUIDE IS FOR AD-HOC NOT INTERNET PLAY although mamehub is great (if you know how to forward ports)
how DO YOU forward a port??

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

#259762 - 07/12/11 10:04 PM

> true but with MAMEhub you have to forward your port s (which i dont know how to do)
> AND THIS GUIDE IS FOR AD-HOC NOT INTERNET PLAY although mamehub is great (if you know
> how to forward ports)
> how DO YOU forward a port??

http://www.portforward.com

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Send PM

Re: Netplay Via Ad-Hoc new [Re: igamabob]
#259766 - 07/12/11 10:32 PM

i went there its to technical can you explain it in laymans terms??

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Send PM

#259768 - 07/12/11 10:41 PM

I honestly can't dumb it down any more than they have.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Sune
Connected
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

#259781 - 07/13/11 12:10 AM

> I honestly can't dumb it down any more than they have.

You'd have to do a writeup in the style of the first post in this thread. That's the only way he will understand.

S

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Netplay Via Ad-Hoc new [Re: Sune]
#259782 - 07/13/11 12:18 AM

> > I honestly can't dumb it down any more than they have.
>
> You'd have to do a writeup in the style of the first post in this thread. That's the
> only way he will understand.
>
> S

i don't know if that would even help DO YOU think it would help i don't

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Send PM

Re: Netplay Via Ad-Hoc new [Re: Gor]
#259802 - 07/13/11 04:04 AM

> > > I honestly can't dumb it down any more than they have.
> >
> > You'd have to do a writeup in the style of the first post in this thread. That's
> the
> > only way he will understand.
> >
> > S
>
> i don't know if that would even help DO YOU think it would help i don't

Hooray for punctuation!

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

#259824 - 07/13/11 06:36 AM

Kaillera performance is BAD, even on a LAN. MAMEHub would work just fine on adhoc wifi even without port forwarding.

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Send PM

#259826 - 07/13/11 06:43 AM

just because i dont get something it doesnt make me retarded

anyways what i want to know is can i forward the ports on a public network??
or an internet card that connects via usb

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Send PM

#259847 - 07/13/11 01:33 PM

You're internet access is Starbucks?

psychoraiden
Deathwing The Destroyer
Send PM

#259973 - 07/14/11 11:53 PM

my city hosts its own iternet and its fairly fast

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 170 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2912