MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/08/09
Send PM

I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver...
#259562 - 07/11/11 01:49 AM

And that driver should be bubsys.c so the warm-up countdown can be at one tick per second,
not nemesis.c because it's for Nemesis, Salamander and many others but not Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors nor Konami RF2 bubble memory versions.

Regards,
Javier Donoso

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Javier Donoso]
#259569 - 07/11/11 02:48 AM

Those aren't Bubble versions in mame, the ones in that driver are the conversions Konami made. No Bubble System versions are fully dumped as far as I know and even if they were, there's an MCU that would need decapping. There's a Gradius Bubble dump but my zip is corrupt for it and I can't tell if it's complete. You can pretty much forget about having all the Bubble versions in mame. I don't think it will ever happen. They might not even all exist anymore in working format, much less us have $5,000 to spend on each clone when they pop up on Yahoo Japan.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#259572 - 07/11/11 03:07 AM

Thanks anyway, Smitdogg. I just want the Gradius ROM version to count down at one tick per second when showing "WARMING UP NOW - PRESENTED BY KONAMI" on the screen.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Javier Donoso]
#259573 - 07/11/11 03:13 AM

There's a very very small chance that the counter and music might run after the bios (from that Gradius dump) is added. But the Bubble version of the game running after that I'd guess no chance of that for now.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Smitdogg]
#259581 - 07/11/11 04:05 AM

For me it's a shame to know your zip that contains the Gradius bubble dump is corrupt.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259583 - 07/11/11 04:08 AM

That's just on my pc (and a certain ftp). Other people have an uncorrupted/correct copy. But I don't think it's going to work without decapping the MCU.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259584 - 07/11/11 04:11 AM

Do you know where can I download it?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259585 - 07/11/11 04:12 AM

It's not "in the wild" yet as far as I know and it breaks the rules to ask for rom links.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259587 - 07/11/11 04:13 AM

Anyway, thanks for writing that you may have it!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259588 - 07/11/11 04:16 AM

I don't have it but your asking brought up a discussion elsewhere and it has been added to mame (not working of course). So it will be in 143u1.

http://git.redump.net/cgit.cgi/mame/commit/?id=79386cd9285d93ed2ac970f6f1c736d89b131e4f

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259683 - 07/12/11 04:10 AM

> I don't have it but your asking brought up a discussion elsewhere and it has been
> added to mame (not working of course). So it will be in 143u1.
>
> http://git.redump.net/cgit.cgi/mame/commit/?id=79386cd9285d93ed2ac970f6f1c736d89b131e4f
Now I want the non Bubble System versions of Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 to count down at one tick per second. Does this requires some MCU decapping?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259689 - 07/12/11 04:19 AM

It requires finding the Bubble System versions of those boards in Japan, paying thousands of dollars for each one and dumping them for starters. The MCU situation is sort of up in the air at the moment I guess, but even if they use one and it needs decapping, that working is only theoretical. Hell it's only theoretical that we ever get another decap done of any sort. Don't hold your breath on this ever happening, like I already said.

Kale
Il Sindaco
Reged: 09/26/03
Loc: Naples, Italy
Send PM

#259723 - 07/12/11 02:43 PM

> > I don't have it but your asking brought up a discussion elsewhere and it has been
> > added to mame (not working of course). So it will be in 143u1.
> >
> >
> http://git.redump.net/cgit.cgi/mame/commit/?id=79386cd9285d93ed2ac970f6f1c736d89b131e4f
> Now I want the non Bubble System versions of Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and
> Konami RF2 to count down at one tick per second. Does this requires some MCU
> decapping?

Glad that it isn't what others want.
Let me state this thing once and for all:
The "non Bubble System versions" (aka GX400) countdowns AREN'T REAL! And you can't control the speed of it (so waitstates doesn't fit there), and it just dumbly counts down because Konami was too lazy to modify the code.

Got it, or you want a drawing? --"

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Kale]
#259727 - 07/12/11 03:19 PM

If this is the same guy on MAME Testers, then he's been told this periodically for several years and it still won't get through his thick skull.

It's not exactly rocket science, either:

There's TWO versions of Gradius 1. The Bubble System version IS NOT emulated currently and MAY NEVER be. The GX400 version is what's currently emulated by MAME *and* simulated/emulated in all home ports (Read: Gradius Deluxe Pack, Gradius Portable) and doesn't have the slow countdown that the Bubble System version does.

That's it in a nutshell. If I'm really wrong here, I'm sure Mr. Konami (That's RB to the rest of you) will be by shortly to remind me of any errors, but I'm 100% sure I have this down. :P

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Firehawke]
#259734 - 07/12/11 04:39 PM

> If this is the same guy on MAME Testers, then he's been told this periodically for
> several years and it still won't get through his thick skull.
>
> It's not exactly rocket science, either:
>
> There's TWO versions of Gradius 1. The Bubble System version IS NOT emulated
> currently and MAY NEVER be. The GX400 version is what's currently emulated by MAME
> *and* simulated/emulated in all home ports (Read: Gradius Deluxe Pack, Gradius
> Portable) and doesn't have the slow countdown that the Bubble System version does.
>
> That's it in a nutshell. If I'm really wrong here, I'm sure Mr. Konami (That's RB to
> the rest of you) will be by shortly to remind me of any errors, but I'm 100% sure I
> have this down. :P

Now I know why the boot-up countdown of the GX400 version of Gradius is too fast: it's a ROM chip version!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Firehawke]
#259735 - 07/12/11 04:53 PM

> If this is the same guy on MAME Testers, then he's been told this periodically for
> several years and it still won't get through his thick skull.

Google "5247846" (his usual handle) to get some idea of the scope

Kale
Il Sindaco
Send PM

#259739 - 07/12/11 05:51 PM

> Now I know why the boot-up countdown of the GX400 version of Gradius is too fast:
> it's a ROM chip version!

Your statement doesn't even make sense, my dear troll...

Firehawke
Manual Meister
Reged: 08/12/06
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#259742 - 07/12/11 06:40 PM

Holy crap, you weren't kidding. I'm going to need earplugs if I keep reading this stuff-- to keep my brains from oozing out my ears.

---
Try checking the MAME manual at http://docs.mamedev.org

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259757 - 07/12/11 09:19 PM

Now the only part working is the boot-up ROM.
Trust me, beacuse I tested it on MAME.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259759 - 07/12/11 09:25 PM

Your troll style is impressive. You've managed to take out most of the irritation and make it entertaining and funny in a dark humor sort of way. You may proceed.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259788 - 07/13/11 01:25 AM

So, you guys are trying to "save" the Konami Bubble System from being lost and forgotten, right?

Kale
Il Sindaco
Send PM

If you have about 6.000 $ per-game yes, why not? -nt- new [Re: Javier Donoso]
#259790 - 07/13/11 02:16 AM

> So, you guys are trying to "save" the Konami Bubble System from being lost and
> forgotten, right?

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#259806 - 07/13/11 04:37 AM

Yes we have people roaming around Japan on foot with pockets full of gold coins knocking on collectors' doors with English to Japanese translation books asking them to sell us their impossibly rare boards for 5 grand each so we can add them to MAME. Of course.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#259832 - 07/13/11 07:26 AM

> Yes we have people roaming around Japan on foot with pockets full of gold coins
> knocking on collectors' doors with English to Japanese translation books asking them
> to sell us their impossibly rare boards for 5 grand each so we can add them to MAME.
> Of course.

Seriously? That's sooooo oldskool.

My people are roaming with the latest tablet PCs with a few paragraphs already typed in google translate, so hopefully an approach like that can keep the door opened a few seconds longer, before it gets slammed in the solicitors face

TheGuru
MAMEDev Dumper
Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Dumpville
Send PM

#259834 - 07/13/11 09:39 AM

> Your troll style is impressive. You've managed to take out most of the irritation and
> make it entertaining and funny in a dark humor sort of way. You may proceed.

it sounds like he's serious. not trolling, just no clue and no brain.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: TheGuru]
#259863 - 07/13/11 04:52 PM

That's all part of his plan. You have to follow Belmsy's search instructions and see his other trolls to understand. He eventually goes Full Retard after he has people hand holding the Rain Man. Pretty funny stuff actually.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#259864 - 07/13/11 04:56 PM

> That's all part of his plan. You have to follow Belmsy's search instructions and see
> his other trolls to understand. He eventually goes Full Retard after he has people
> hand holding the Rain Man. Pretty funny stuff actually.

Bonus funny: the Mac video card ROM he posted on Vintage Computer is a bad dump. (I already had a correct one from a trusted source, but I had to download his for laughs).

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#259933 - 07/14/11 04:58 PM

> Yes we have people roaming around Japan on foot with pockets full of gold coins
> knocking on collectors' doors with English to Japanese translation books asking them
> to sell us their impossibly rare boards for 5 grand each so we can add them to MAME.
> Of course.

Good luck "finding" it, guys.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

#260016 - 07/15/11 05:40 PM

When ready to be tested on MAME, the Konami Bubble System BIOS and its games should be moved to a separate driver.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#260018 - 07/15/11 05:43 PM

Brilliant. That will make all the difference in the world, and might even hold the secrets for curing cancer.

B2K24
MAME @ 15 kHz Sony Trinitron CRT user
Reged: 10/25/10
Send PM

#260032 - 07/15/11 08:48 PM

May I request a vote that Javier Donoso be moved to a seperate Driver

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: B2K24]
#260091 - 07/16/11 06:48 PM

> May I request a vote that Javier Donoso be moved to a seperate Driver

I was checking here and... the Guru may have the Bubble System and its games.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#260093 - 07/16/11 07:18 PM

> > May I request a vote that Javier Donoso be moved to a seperate Driver
>
> I was checking here and... the Guru may have the Bubble System and its games.

Read above what you are looking at, and you see this:

Quote:

Oh nearly forgot, also thanks to Vas Crabb for the 100000 yen donation (originally for the Bubble System carts shown below which unfortunately was not enough by a long shot) which we're going to spend on some other nice games instead :-)

He was going to buy it, but he did not have enough money, so he did not buy it.

Please understand... MAMEDev does not have these games. It will take a LOT of money to buy these games. It will probably be a LONG time before these games are in MAME.

I don't know what translation software you are using to post here, but many of your messages sound like you are demanding or begging for these games.

You should let this topic rest and stop asking about it.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

Javier Donoso
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#260144 - 07/17/11 05:23 PM

However, the Gradius Bubble Software may be already arrived.

Mr. DoAdministrator
MAME Art Editor
Loc: California
Send PM

#260147 - 07/17/11 06:37 PM

> However, the Gradius Bubble Software may be already arrived.

Now it's obvious you are simply choosing not to read what is right in front of you.

He never bought it. It says so right on his page. It can't arrive if he never bought it.

This thread is done. H4z3 can berate me for "stifling discussion" later, since I closed that other thread so quickly.

RELAX and just have fun. Remember, it's all about the games.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: I think Gradius, TwinBee, Galactic Warriors and Konami RF2 should be moved to a different driver... new [Re: Mr. Do]
#260150 - 07/17/11 06:47 PM

I think Guru might have the Bubble Gradius, not sure if he bought it or if it was donated, but it hasn't been fully read out yet because nobody knows how. Anyway, if you combine the difficulty of reading it out, a possible MCU, and the difficulty of finding and paying for the others, seriously it's not worth ever asking about a status update for this ever again. Either wait (possibly indefinitely) or do it yourself. It's less likely to happen (all of the games dumped and emulated) than us getting Marble Madnesss II.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 306 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5355