View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

chinagreenelvis
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/01/11
Send PM

Re: added, thanks (midxunit.c0122u3red)
#258778 - 07/01/11 03:52 PM

I'm getting a similar problem. It happens even when "autosave" is set to 0, if I have "state" set to any number and have made my own savestate.

The crash happens completely at random. Sometimes the game loads, sometimes it doesn't. Generally if it loads, the program will crash on exit. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit but I've tried it with both mame.exe and mame64.exe. Both were compiled from the source.

TafoidAdministrator
I keep on testing.. testing.. testing... into the future!
Reged: 04/19/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

Revolution X - crash using save states new [Re: chinagreenelvis]
#258780 - 07/01/11 04:10 PM

> I'm getting a similar problem. It happens even when "autosave" is set to 0, if I have
> "state" set to any number and have made my own savestate.
>
> The crash happens completely at random. Sometimes the game loads, sometimes it
> doesn't. Generally if it loads, the program will crash on exit. I'm running Windows 7
> 64-bit but I've tried it with both mame.exe and mame64.exe. Both were compiled from
> the source.
>
> 0.142

The old bug is:
http://www.mametesters.org/view.php?id=832

I tried about 20 saves back to back for varying length of times from 5 to 20 seconds, going through the title screen, entering the service mode/calibration screens and even about a minute into game and I got no crash.

You'll need to work harder to identify the actual issue. Try to see if you can duplicate with a freshly installed binary from MAMEDEV.org (now at 0.143).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 253 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1451