MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

FozzTexx
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/23/09
Send PM

Best frontend for a racing cabinet?
#258418 - 06/26/11 07:50 PM

Ok I probably put this off too long, but I need to get my racing cabinet back up and running before the 4th of July. I'm wondering what the best frontend would be?

The cabinet is completely custom made. I designed the cabinet myself. It uses a 27" TV, an ancient Logitech Formula steering wheel connected via 15-pin gameport, a Pole Position shifter, an iPac, and one of those AK Rocker chairs. It's definitely a work in progress.

The computer runs Windows XP, but I could go Linux if it would work better. I used to use MAMEWAH for the frontend but that seems to have been abandoned. Last time I tried to use it (a couple years ago) I could never get it to work with the steering wheel. I had also used a special Mame version called ShifterMame which fixes using a real arcade shifter. It also filters the racing games quite well.

Are there any frontends that can let me select games using the steering wheel?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 305 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1102