View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Dangit, Mom...
#257520 - 06/16/11 04:06 AM

Was visiting the mom earlier and she said, "Hey! You've got to see this jewelry on How It's Made!" After she fired up the DVR and my brain had enough time to absorb the fact that she watches some of the same stuff that I do I realized that yeah, this technique was pretty cool. I decided I MUST order her something when I got home. She was really into the stuff and she barely has enough jewelry total to fill a cigarette box, it's usually not her thing.

Long story short, I just paid SIXTY BUCKS (well, £36.90) for some dyed twigs glued together with epoxy on earring posts. Argh! Nothing like knowingly ripping yourself off...

Eh, fuck it. She'll love them.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Dangit, Mom... new [Re: aavada]
#257538 - 06/16/11 07:23 AM

I can sell you some twigs and epoxy if you want. 20 bucks, let me know.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#257554 - 06/16/11 10:00 AM

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Dangit, Mom... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#257559 - 06/16/11 11:24 AM

That's pretty funny. However, I never have those situations. I say those kinds of things on purpose. Yes, to my mom. Sometimes she's forthcoming (hahahahah), sometimes she's not.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#257621 - 06/17/11 01:25 AM

> Was visiting the mom earlier and she said, "Hey! You've got to see this jewelry on
> How It's Made!" After she fired up the DVR and my brain had enough time to absorb the
> fact that she watches some of the same stuff that I do I realized that yeah, this
> technique was pretty cool. I decided I MUST order her something when I got home. She
> was really into the stuff and she barely has enough jewelry total to fill a cigarette
> box, it's usually not her thing.
>
> Long story short, I just paid SIXTY BUCKS (well, £36.90) for some dyed twigs glued
> together with epoxy on earring posts. Argh! Nothing like knowingly ripping yourself
> off...
>
> Eh, fuck it. She'll love them.

Nice, wrong parent though - You've reminded me it's father's day on Sunday!!! - What the crap to buy? How many Golfer's biographies can one man own?

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 118 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1675