MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

italieAdministrator
MAME owes italie many thank yous, hah
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: BoomTown
Send PM

Who the heck would agree to this?
#257176 - 06/13/11 04:46 AM

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national..._compartme.html

Seriously...

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Who the heck would agree to this? new [Re: italie]
#257178 - 06/13/11 05:12 AM

> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national..._compartme.html
>
> Seriously...

Off the top of my head...

1. No other bus available and someone who is really desperate to get where they're going
2. Someone who's broke and desperate and the bus company let them do it free or nearly free
3. Dumb-ass college kids who agree to do it just for kicks

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

Re: Who the heck would agree to this? new [Re: italie]
#257179 - 06/13/11 05:14 AM

...or you can wait 12 hours for the morning bus, you can't wait in here though.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Um, who cares? Let 'em ride..... new [Re: italie]
#257329 - 06/14/11 12:17 PM

Would I do it if necessary? Sure.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

& What if.... new [Re: mogli]
#257331 - 06/14/11 12:27 PM

> Would I do it if necessary? Sure.

What if one of them gets stupid... er, more stupid and open the door when the bus is moving and they fall out, perhaps getting rolled up in the wheels?

Or what if gets too hot and they pass out, then someone forgets (anyway) that they're (still) in there? Mmm. Roasted stowaway anyone?

Then again, this statement still holds true.... Or a very good idea anyway.

Quote:

It's our society's obsession with safety - railings, warning signs, safety scissors, seatbelt laws. Get rid of all that stuff, and the gene pool will clean itself right up.

-DMala

LEVEL-4

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Re: & What if.... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#257346 - 06/14/11 04:26 PM

>It's our society's obsession with safety

No Shit! It's because a bunch of blood sucking lawyers run this country, and set the rules up so its lucritive to sue everybody for everything.

If some shlub is so desperate to get where he's going, he wan't to risk his own life to ride under or ON TOP of the bus, like they do in so many other countries, that's HIS CHOICE.

Our govermental lawyers are so far up everyone's ass, a little old lady with a cane fell on my perfectly smooth professionally installed unobstructed floor... not because I pushed her, or because I negligently left a roller skate on the floor, but just because she's a little old lady living in Earth's gravity... and sure as fuck the bitch sued me. She didn't win, but she sure cost me a bunch of money telling her to go fuck herself and her unstable balance.

We are sooooo far away from people being responsible for themselves, that people aren't even responsible for the laws of physics they have to abide by. It's stupid.

Ride your motorcycle without a helmet, forget your lapbelt, ride on top of a damn bus if you like, it's your life. So long as your drunk ass doesn't cross the centerline and interfere with MY life, I don't see the need for me to get my government and lawyers all up in your business.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Um, who cares? Let 'em ride..... new [Re: mogli]
#257368 - 06/14/11 07:03 PM

> Would I do it if necessary? Sure.

Thinking more about it... The biggest problem is that if the bus crashes, you're pretty much dead. Other than that, though... The article said something about a mattress in the luggage area, so there was a comfortable place to sit/lay. The engine on a bus like that is up at the back, so heat and engine noise aren't going to be a problem. Assuming the ambient temperature isn't too high, it's probably not much worse than inside the bus.

Plenty of room, nice and dark, comfy place to lay, a little road noise, I could sleep like a baby on a trip like that. Compared to being jammed in a tiny, uncomfortable bus seat with a sleeping stranger drooling on your shoulder, it sounds like a reasonable risk to me.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Um, who cares? Let 'em ride..... new [Re: DMala]
#257451 - 06/15/11 10:19 AM

> > Would I do it if necessary? Sure.
>
> Thinking more about it... The biggest problem is that if the bus crashes, you're
> pretty much dead. Other than that, though... The article said something about a
> mattress in the luggage area, so there was a comfortable place to sit/lay. The engine
> on a bus like that is up at the back, so heat and engine noise aren't going to be a
> problem. Assuming the ambient temperature isn't too high, it's probably not much
> worse than inside the bus.
>
> Plenty of room, nice and dark, comfy place to lay, a little road noise, I could sleep
> like a baby on a trip like that. Compared to being jammed in a tiny, uncomfortable
> bus seat with a sleeping stranger drooling on your shoulder, it sounds like a
> reasonable risk to me.

A bus masses quite a bit. Unless it crashes into something to dead stop, or/and rolls several times or more, you're probably going to have some bruises at most. Unless there's luggage in the space....but still might not be that bad.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 340 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1671