Dullaron
Diablo III - Dunard #1884
Reged: 07/22/05
Loc: Fort Worth, Tx
Send PM

Galaga 30th Collection
#257013 - 06/10/11 10:53 PM

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/galaga-30th-collection/id413616338?mt=8

W11 Home 64-bit + Nobara OS / AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT / AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core 3.59 GHz / RAM 64 GB

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: Galaga 30th Collection new [Re: Dullaron]
#257056 - 06/11/11 06:26 PM

I wonder if this will work with the iCade Bluetooth Joystick

Mojo2000
Regular
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: North America
Send PM

Questions from an aspiring iPad owner new [Re: Dullaron]
#257115 - 06/12/11 01:04 PM

1) With iTunes and my iPod Classic 160, the only way you could avoid losing music purchases would be to burn your store-bought files to an optical disc. Then import them back if/when necessary. In other words, there was no purchase protection as found at Direct2Drive.com and Steam. Can you back up your apps locally with your iPad stuff?

2) At the App Store, some customers were complaining about the large size of the included video. (Damn Apple and their policy on no external SD memory. WTF) Do you suppose there is any way to go in and find that video, then delete it?

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

Re: Questions from an aspiring iPad owner new [Re: Mojo2000]
#257160 - 06/13/11 03:08 AM

1)iTunes hasn't had DRM on their music in over two years so you should be able to redownload the DRM-free music since it's tied to your iTunes account. You can store your apps on your desktop and move them to your iPad as needed.
2)You could probably do with a cracked .IPA app. You can use Winzip or some other compression program to open the file and delete the .MP4 video file, but if you did, it might make the program unstable.

Edited by JimmyU (06/13/11 03:10 AM)

Mojo2000
Regular
Send PM

Re: Questions from an aspiring iPad owner new [Re: JimmyU]
#257482 - 06/15/11 05:59 PM

> 1)iTunes hasn't had DRM on their music in over two years so you should be able to
> redownload the DRM-free music since it's tied to your iTunes account.

Music is tied to my iTunes account? Seriously? As in, Steam, Direct2Drive, GOG etc., where you view a previously purchased title under your account and it clearly shows that you can download it free again?

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#257483 - 06/15/11 06:02 PM

> > 1)iTunes hasn't had DRM on their music in over two years so you should be able to
> > redownload the DRM-free music since it's tied to your iTunes account.
>
> Music is tied to my iTunes account? Seriously? As in, Steam, Direct2Drive, GOG etc.,
> where you view a previously purchased title under your account and it clearly shows
> that you can download it free again?

Yes, infinite free re-downloads was just announced last week.

(And yes, the files are completely DRM-free - you can copy them onto anything that'll play .m4as, which most software will now, and it works fine).

Mojo2000
Regular
Send PM

Grrrrr... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#257528 - 06/16/11 04:41 AM

> > where you view a previously purchased title under your account and it clearly shows
> > that you can download it free again?
>
> Yes, infinite free re-downloads was just announced last week.
>
> (And yes, the files are completely DRM-free - you can copy them onto anything that'll
> play .m4as, which most software will now, and it works fine).

Just found at the Help Center:

"Automatic Downloads and downloading past purchased music is supported only in the US and is not compatible with iPhone 4 (CDMA Model). Previous purchases may be unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3688%22

And here I was, just thinking that maybe although I hated Apple for disallowing external SD storage, I still loved them for occasional breakthrough ideas such as re-downloads. MotherFSCK

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: Grrrrr... new [Re: Mojo2000]
#257529 - 06/16/11 04:48 AM

> > > where you view a previously purchased title under your account and it clearly
> shows
> > > that you can download it free again?
> >
> > Yes, infinite free re-downloads was just announced last week.
> >
> > (And yes, the files are completely DRM-free - you can copy them onto anything
> that'll
> > play .m4as, which most software will now, and it works fine).
>
> Just found at the Help Center:
>
> "Automatic Downloads and downloading past purchased music is supported only in the US
> and is not compatible with iPhone 4 (CDMA Model). Previous purchases may be
> unavailable if they are no longer on the iTunes Store.
> http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3688%22
>
> And here I was, just thinking that maybe although I hated Apple for disallowing
> external SD storage, I still loved them for occasional breakthrough ideas such as
> re-downloads. MotherFSCK

Wow, so Apple screws Verizon customers...I wonder how much that cost AT&T

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: Galaga 30th Collection new [Re: Llaffer]
#257782 - 06/18/11 07:41 PM

The iCade has me wanting more uses for it already. (Unboxing and demo video here --> http://vgtribune.com/icade-box-opening-video/)

Unfortunately, the joystick doesn't act like a joystick, but rather a keyboard, with a keystroke sent to tell the game that the joystick has moved a specific direction or a specific button has been pressed, then another keystroke sent to tell the game that the joystick or button has gone back to default position.

If the game wants to support it, it can, but it's got to be specifically looking for these keystrokes during gameplay in order for it to work.

But yes, I WANT IT! lol

EDIT: LOL - I didn't even notice that I replied to myself from a week ago. But I didn't have hands-on with iCade at the time to know how it worked.

Edited by Llaffer (06/18/11 09:20 PM)

JimmyU
Bustin' Heads
Reged: 12/11/07
Send PM

Re: Galaga 30th Collection new [Re: Llaffer]
#257801 - 06/18/11 11:40 PM

Let's hope that Namco, Capcom and Sega get on board for this. It's not worth it right now.
> The iCade has me wanting more uses for it already. (Unboxing and demo video here -->
> http://vgtribune.com/icade-box-opening-video/)
>
> Unfortunately, the joystick doesn't act like a joystick, but rather a keyboard, with
> a keystroke sent to tell the game that the joystick has moved a specific direction or
> a specific button has been pressed, then another keystroke sent to tell the game that
> the joystick or button has gone back to default position.
>
> If the game wants to support it, it can, but it's got to be specifically looking for
> these keystrokes during gameplay in order for it to work.
>
> But yes, I WANT IT! lol
>
> EDIT: LOL - I didn't even notice that I replied to myself from a week ago. But I
> didn't have hands-on with iCade at the time to know how it worked.

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#257839 - 06/19/11 02:35 PM

> 1) With iTunes and my iPod Classic 160, the only way you could avoid losing music
> purchases would be to burn your store-bought files to an optical disc. Then import
> them back if/when necessary. In other words, there was no purchase protection as
> found at Direct2Drive.com and Steam. Can you back up your apps locally with your iPad
> stuff?
>
> 2) At the App Store, some customers were complaining about the large size of the
> included video. (Damn Apple and their policy on no external SD memory. WTF) Do you
> suppose there is any way to go in and find that video, then delete it?

All the music files and apps are stored in your "My Music" folder. (At least that is what I found with my 3rd generation iPod Touch.) Just copy that folder over to a new computer and I believe you might have to re-import them into iTunes, but then you don't lose the files and you can also back them up.

Kevin Eshbach

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 279 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2322