Pages: 1

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Boston, Mass.
Send PM

I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school
#254731 - 05/17/11 05:07 AM

I guess this would be sorta like ABBA coming to my school back in the day.

/jealous

--
A story of one man and his obsession with the female anatomy.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

The Ramones would be kewl new [Re: Andrew]
#254735 - 05/17/11 05:25 AM

Llaffer
MAME Fan
Reged: 05/04/11
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: Andrew]
#254794 - 05/17/11 05:44 PM

The closest thing my school had was Kent Hrbek (Minnesota Twins in 80s and 90s). Hrbek went to my school and played ball there when he was there in the 60s.

Other than that, I don't recall any other celebrities showing up in one form or another.

FatTrucker
Randomly pressing buttons in hope of success.
Reged: 01/31/06
Loc: London UK
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: Llaffer]
#254806 - 05/17/11 10:25 PM

> The closest thing my school had was Kent Hrbek (Minnesota Twins in 80s and 90s).
> Hrbek went to my school and played ball there when he was there in the 60s.
>
> Other than that, I don't recall any other celebrities showing up in one form or
> another.

We had the Green Cross Code man visit our school back in the 80's. More famous over the pond for being the bloke inside Vaders suit....one of them anyway.

dfrance
Crazed Collector
Reged: 09/22/03
Loc: The Black
Send PM

George "Goober" Lindsay... new [Re: Andrew]
#254814 - 05/17/11 11:23 PM

...came to my school back in 1980 or 1981. Got all the kids to sing along with that Hee-Haw song ("I searched the world over and thought I found true love, you met another and you were gone")...

Same year the Archbishop of Canterbury came to Iowa, I think...squeezed my way through the crowd to get to the golf cart he was wheeling around outside the stadium (there was some huge Episcopalian shindig) and held out my hand to shake his...instead he high-fived me and said "Slap five, jack!". True story...the guy that wed Chuck & Di spoke jive to me...then someone gave him a piglet to take back to the UK...strange days indeed.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: George "Goober" Lindsay... new [Re: dfrance]
#254823 - 05/18/11 12:54 AM

> Same year the Archbishop of Canterbury came to Iowa, I think...squeezed my way
> through the crowd to get to the golf cart he was wheeling around outside the stadium
> (there was some huge Episcopalian shindig) and held out my hand to shake
> his...instead he high-fived me and said "Slap five, jack!". True story...the guy that
> wed Chuck & Di spoke jive to me...then someone gave him a piglet to take back to the
> UK...strange days indeed.

Are you black? If so, that's something these days would be considered in poor taste.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: FatTrucker]
#254824 - 05/18/11 12:56 AM

> We had the Green Cross Code man visit our school back in the 80's. More famous over
> the pond for being the bloke inside Vaders suit....one of them anyway.

There was only David Prowse in the suit. Originally, they thought of using his voice. So glad they didn't.

Don't recall anyone famous coming to my school. However, in the same vein, Alice Cooper *went* to my school. My aunt sorta knew him.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: mogli]
#254841 - 05/18/11 03:57 AM

> Don't recall anyone famous coming to my school. However, in the same vein, Alice
> Cooper *went* to my school. My aunt sorta knew him.

Yeah, I don't recall anyone famous ever coming to any school I went to, and I went to a pretty good sized high school.

I went to school with Devon Lima from LFO (his name was Harold when I knew him). Does that count as someone famous?

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: DMala]
#254850 - 05/18/11 05:49 AM

> Does that count as someone famous?

Possibly. Ralph Tresvant of New Edition was a freshman while I was a senior at South Boston High. I think he's in my yearbook although this was before he made it big so sadly I didn't get him to sign it.

--

Andrew
Girl Watcher
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: Llaffer]
#254853 - 05/18/11 05:58 AM

> Other than that, I don't recall any other celebrities showing up in one form or another.

This probably doesn't count but I got a glimpse of Paul Newman crossing the street in front of my high school. He was filming The Verdict in one of the old apartment buildings across the street.

--

mogli
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: I can't remember anyone famous coming to my school new [Re: Andrew]
#255024 - 05/20/11 12:36 AM

> > Other than that, I don't recall any other celebrities showing up in one form or
> another.
>
> This probably doesn't count but I got a glimpse of Paul Newman crossing the street in
> front of my high school. He was filming The Verdict in one of the old apartment
> buildings across the street.

Damnn. I still haven't gotten round to seeing that in my que. '82. I don't think I knew who Newman was in '82.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 159 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2029