MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets...
#252528 - 04/22/11 06:36 PM

To buy gold!

Actually, a check-valve from my water tank failed... no water for at least the 3 day holiday weekend.

I have more fargin' trouble with my water system.

and OF COURSE my kids have taken a dump in each and every bathroom already before someone tells me the water's off. No hope now of containing the smell to just one far-away john. Not a fresh smelling bathroom in the house... for the foreseeable future... won't be long before the whole damn house smells like an outhouse.

And on the third day the smell will rise from the dead...

Gor
Giver of truth.
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: GatKong]
#252531 - 04/22/11 07:06 PM

> and OF COURSE my kids have taken a dump in each and every bathroom already before
> someone tells me the water's off. No hope now of containing the smell to just one
> far-away john. Not a fresh smelling bathroom in the house... for the foreseeable
> future... won't be long before the whole damn house smells like an outhouse.
>
> And on the third day the smell will rise from the dead...

Try some of this. One of the reviewers used it for a similar purpose.

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

keshbach1
Reged: 08/26/05
Send PM

#252544 - 04/22/11 09:14 PM

> and OF COURSE my kids have taken a dump in each and every bathroom already before
> someone tells me the water's off. No hope now of containing the smell to just one
> far-away john. Not a fresh smelling bathroom in the house... for the foreseeable
> future... won't be long before the whole damn house smells like an outhouse.
>
> And on the third day the smell will rise from the dead...

Look at the bright side of things no need to call an exterminator to come in and fumigate the place.

Kevin Eshbach

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

#252565 - 04/23/11 12:16 AM

...Sorry to hear about your troubles.

I seem to have low water pressure for my cold water... And occasionally will have rust in it. ..That is unless I let it run for a few good minutes. Recently I've been filling some white plastic waste bins with water from my kitchen faucet, I then use this for my laundry. The hot water in the washing machine will pour out, the cold water will trickle. So, I fill up these bins, then pour 'em in. Fill them up again, wait for the rinse cycle to begin and repeat. Takes some waiting time off... Building up a reservoir of water that can be put into the washer pretty quick.

And doing this made me consider putting something (more maneuverable -like buckets) under my bathroom and kitchen sink to use to flush the toilets (every once in a while... Wait, that doesn't sound good). It might not be a good idea... I'll have to google it.

I'm sure you'll 'MacGyver' something (else) up, but maybe you could get something to collect your rain water. Easy for me to say. I've thought of doing this myself many a time.

LEVEL-4

Allnatural
No Preservatives
Reged: 09/20/03
Loc: Toledo, OH. USA
Send PM

#252567 - 04/23/11 12:34 AM

> future...

Dump a bucketful of water into the toilet. Do it quickly (don't splash yourself) and the toilet will flush.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: Allnatural]
#252570 - 04/23/11 01:08 AM

> Dump a bucketful of piss into the toilet. Do it quickly (don't splash yourself) and
> the toilet will flush.

ftfy

ETA: Once the pot fills up, then you can go in the tank.

Edited by T0M (04/23/11 01:09 AM)

LEVEL-4

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#252571 - 04/23/11 01:35 AM

> To buy gold!
>

This forum is silver only.

Temp ban.

redk9258
Regular
Loc: Troy, Illinois USA
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#252575 - 04/23/11 02:01 AM

> I seem to have low water pressure for my cold water... And occasionally will have
> rust in it. ..That is unless I let it run for a few good minutes.

Do you have that old crappy galvanized pipe or something? Why not rip the shit out and put in copper, PEX or even PVC.

My wife and I lived in an apartment that had old galvanized plumbing and you just never knew what a shower would be like. One day, it would be OK. One day, the pressure would drop to a trickle. One day, you might get scalded. One day, you might get frozen to the point of blue balls.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: redk9258]
#252593 - 04/23/11 03:48 AM

> One day, you might
> get frozen to the point of blue balls.

Traditionally, cold water *cures* blue balls, it doesn't cause them.

Tomu Breidah
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: redk9258]
#252602 - 04/23/11 04:17 AM

> > I seem to have low water pressure for my cold water... And occasionally will have
> > rust in it. ..That is unless I let it run for a few good minutes.
>
> Do you have that old crappy galvanized pipe or something? Why not rip the shit out
> and put in copper, PEX or even PVC.
>

By the age of the house... (technically it's sort of like a manufactured home) I would think it should have PVC pipes, but I wouldn't know unless I got under the house and got into some stuff (it's mostly covered with insulation). I'm not sure if it would make any difference - but I've never noticed any rusty colored water from the hot water. So I'm thinking that has something to do with the water heater.

Then again.... In a closet that is opposite of where my shower is - there is place where the wall had been cut into and covered over with some boards/panels screwed back on. I could get into that to see if the pipes are metal (galvanized) or PVC.

But seriously. That would be too big of a project to undertake in such a place as this. Eventually I'll have to move out or build a new place if/when I can buy some land. Maybe.

LEVEL-4

Gor
Giver of truth.
Loc: The basement
Send PM

Re: Well, I got out of shampooing the carpets... new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#252623 - 04/23/11 07:31 AM

> ETA: Once the pot fills up, then you can go in the tank.

Ah, the old upper decker. Hilarious to some, disgusting to others.

Be careful with that one

Oh for Pete's sake.
loser.com

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1321