View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.142.Special.Edition
#252199 - 04/19/11 09:21 PM Attachment: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.142.Special.Edition.zip 537 KB (14 downloads)

http://mameartwork.50megs.com/index.html

I plan on breaking this down into multiple torrent files for the next release. Seeding will be slow.

Perkele
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/24/07
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.142.Special.Edition new [Re: -GivingBack-]
#252506 - 04/22/11 11:45 AM

I started this torrent from the full v0.141 torrent and only got 57%, there can't be changed that much.
Also when I now complete v0.142 I'll end up with garbage (renamed files, removed files, old dats) from 0.141 in the same folder.
Isn't it better to post just the diff file between versions, possibly including a clrmame dat file of the complete release so we can get rid of the obsolete files?

Anyway, thanks for releasing this.

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.142.Special.Edition new [Re: Perkele]
#252515 - 04/22/11 05:00 PM

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I see that most people are at 77%. There is approx a 2GB difference from the last release.
Before i created the new torrent i upgraded uTorrent to v3.0 Build 25217. Which is a beta. I have now downgraded to the stable version 2.2.1 Build 25203 and i see that it is uploading again. It appears that the new version caused everything to stall. I think the main problem will be resolved now.

Perkele
MAME Fan
Send PM

#252522 - 04/22/11 06:08 PM

After a forced recheck I have 85% now, bcs I downloaded all updates from Progretto Snaps and used their dats to insert the files into the right folders.

There are 95 peers and only 1 seed (you), by the time there's another seed (100% peer) you have used lots more bandwidth than you would have when you uploaded it to usenet, imo. My download speed now is less than 1 kByte/sec btw.

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

#252525 - 04/22/11 06:21 PM

As i stated from the beginning, this was a test. I am not a fan of torrents and would prefer this to be uploaded to newsgroups. But the community spoke(publically & privatively) and they requested that this be turned into a torrent.

If more people experience the same issue i will turn these into update packs only. The way i distribute them is still up in the air.

Perkele
MAME Fan
Send PM

#252644 - 04/23/11 03:02 PM

I didn't know it still was a test, nevermind my previous remarks then.

I managed to create a 100% set using the dats provided in the torrent. Only problem is the zips, they don't get recognized by the torrent as complete files since they're not bit-by-bit the same. Maybe you should use torrentzip on the zip-files, then ppl wouldn't download the complete artwork folder again, saving you over 1GB in bandwidth.

Again thanks for creating this collection.

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

#252645 - 04/23/11 03:07 PM

> I didn't know it still was a test, nevermind my previous remarks then.
>
> I managed to create a 100% set using the dats provided in the torrent. Only problem
> is the zips, they don't get recognized by the torrent as complete files since they're
> not bit-by-bit the same. Maybe you should use torrentzip on the zip-files, then ppl
> wouldn't download the complete artwork folder again, saving you over 1GB in
> bandwidth.
>
> Again thanks for creating this collection.

THIS.

Also, you should contact some uh, torrenting communities. I'm sure they'd be glad to help you by listing this in their trackers

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

#252750 - 04/24/11 04:25 PM

> I didn't know it still was a test, nevermind my previous remarks then.
>
> I managed to create a 100% set using the dats provided in the torrent. Only problem
> is the zips, they don't get recognized by the torrent as complete files since they're
> not bit-by-bit the same. Maybe you should use torrentzip on the zip-files, then ppl
> wouldn't download the complete artwork folder again, saving you over 1GB in
> bandwidth.
>
> Again thanks for creating this collection.

You are correct. I should have torrent zipped the files. This was previously recommended to me too. I always rebuild them and the samples out of habit. It looks like that is extra work that is no longer needed for the majority of the files. Thank you for understanding this is a WIP.

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.142.Special.Edition new [Re: Foxhack]
#252751 - 04/24/11 04:29 PM

> THIS.
>
> Also, you should contact some uh, torrenting communities. I'm sure they'd be glad to
> help you by listing this in their trackers

I have done this also. The problem is my torrent file lists too many files in it and that does not work well with the trackers. I need to break it down into about 4-5 torrent files. I could not find that option in uTorrent at the time so i decided to just go ahead and release it the way it was.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 261 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2711