MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Reged: 04/20/07
Loc: Sector 9
Send PM

Tfin has a record label now, pressing out gold hits!
#252150 - 04/19/11 04:44 AM Attachment: 2011-04-18_21.21.43.png 662 KB (1 downloads)

Sooo ingenious... darkness elsewhere spawns random mobs, which Tfin can wash into the killing pen with levers and water flow. Got the wrong kind of mob? He washes those away like a toilet bowl into lava. Get a skeleton and a creeper together, and the skel will eventually kill the creeper trying to shoot you (no worries, his arrows never make it thru the gap to get you). Well, in case you didn't know, the EXTREMELY unheard-of-rare event of a skeleton arrow killing a creeper makes a record, so walla, a record washes out for you to collect on demand. The rare becomes common!

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Re: Tfin has a record label now, pressing out gold hits! new [Re: GatKong]
#252154 - 04/19/11 05:19 AM Attachment: golf-clap.jpg 33 KB (1 downloads)

Well, in case you didn't know, the EXTREMELY unheard-of-rare event of a skeleton arrow killing a creeper makes a record, so walla, a record washes out for you to collect on demand. The rare becomes common!

That's... That's just fookin' diabolical.

[ATTACHED IMAGE]

Attachment

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#252192 - 04/19/11 09:01 PM

> Sooo ingenious... darkness elsewhere spawns random mobs, which Tfin can wash into the
> killing pen with levers and water flow. Got the wrong kind of mob? He washes those
> away like a toilet bowl into lava. Get a skeleton and a creeper together, and the
> skel will eventually kill the creeper trying to shoot you (no worries, his arrows
> never make it thru the gap to get you). Well, in case you didn't know, the EXTREMELY
> unheard-of-rare event of a skeleton arrow killing a creeper makes a record, so walla,
> a record washes out for you to collect on demand. The rare becomes common!

Does the record have any practical use or is it just a cool trophy?

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: Tfin has a record label now, pressing out gold hits! new [Re: Fever]
#252196 - 04/19/11 09:06 PM

> Does the record have any practical use or is it just a cool trophy?

You can play the record in a record player, it makes music.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Loc: Stuck in a hole
Send PM

#252211 - 04/19/11 11:36 PM

> > Does the record have any practical use or is it just a cool trophy?
>
> You can play the record in a record player, it makes music.

The green label record is "Cat," by C418. It's music, if you like that sort of thing:

The gold label one plays "13," by the same person. It's not exactly danceable:

I'd improve my design (there's plenty of room for that), but with those being the only... tracks available, it isn't at the top of my list.

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Reged: 01/09/07
Loc: Calimammy
Send PM

BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today <nt> new [Re: GatKong]
#252225 - 04/20/11 02:40 AM

> Sooo ingenious... darkness elsewhere spawns random mobs, which Tfin can wash into the
> killing pen with levers and water flow. Got the wrong kind of mob? He washes those
> away like a toilet bowl into lava. Get a skeleton and a creeper together, and the
> skel will eventually kill the creeper trying to shoot you (no worries, his arrows
> never make it thru the gap to get you). Well, in case you didn't know, the EXTREMELY
> unheard-of-rare event of a skeleton arrow killing a creeper makes a record, so walla,
> a record washes out for you to collect on demand. The rare becomes common!

Tfin is a madman

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today new [Re: jeremymtc]
#252231 - 04/20/11 03:41 AM

He seems to have updated for it -- I was on there a bit and figured out the new track recipes -- but then it crashed. I just managed to get back in within the past few minutes, but found myself on a ledge outside my home (awning over a window it was), and only the one chunk loaded, and then it crashed again.

Wonder if the little loop of track I built in my storage room is the culprit there, there is a bug with the new bits to be patched Wednesday.

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today <nt> new [Re: jeremymtc]
#252238 - 04/20/11 04:51 AM

I have to log in a check it out. I've been out of the Minecraft habit for a while, now. With Portal 2 out today, I'm not sure how soon I'll be back...

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252245 - 04/20/11 06:58 AM

> He seems to have updated for it -- I was on there a bit and figured out the new track
> recipes -- but then it crashed. I just managed to get back in within the past few
> minutes, but found myself on a ledge outside my home (awning over a window it was),
> and only the one chunk loaded, and then it crashed again.
>
> Wonder if the little loop of track I built in my storage room is the culprit there,
> there is a bug with the new bits to be patched Wednesday.

I saw you come in earlier and tried to say "hi", but the connection t/o'd and wouldn't reconnect.

I haven't played with the new rail options yet, but did notice that there are some new variants of saplings now. Also noticed that ladders now have to be continuous; no more economizing there.

Hope to catch up with you and Gat (the eponymous "He"), Dmala and/or the rest of the corps maybe sometime later in the week.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

#252248 - 04/20/11 07:27 AM

> Wonder if the little loop of track I built in my storage room is the culprit there, there is a bug with the new bits to be patched Wednesday.

The v1.5 server-crash issue seems to affect only minecraft_server.jar based servers (which mine is, linux), from what I read on the forums.

Notch must have changed the way the .jar version stores player data...because the server ran great with nobody on it Only crashed when it was populated with veteran players. In other words, I had to delete all the player profiles

My Forum Post

Only thing you lost is what you were carrying. The world, your builds and chests, and even your dogs, are fine. You'll start at the spawn again. Another side effect is you'll spawn as a girl from now on, but you can still wear pants and talk tough.

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Kinda like Glass and Riley.....better, maybe (nt) new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252253 - 04/20/11 07:56 AM

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today new [Re: GatKong]
#252274 - 04/20/11 11:23 AM

> > Wonder if the little loop of track I built in my storage room is the culprit there,
> there is a bug with the new bits to be patched Wednesday.
>
> The v1.5 server-crash issue seems to affect only minecraft_server.jar based servers
> (which mine is, linux), from what I read on the forums.
>
> Notch must have changed the way the .jar version stores player data...because the
> server ran great with nobody on it Only crashed when it was populated with veteran
> players. In other words, I had to delete all the player profiles
>
> My Forum Post
>
> Only thing you lost is what you were carrying. The world, your builds and chests, and
> even your dogs, are fine. You'll start at the spawn again. Another side effect is
> you'll spawn as a girl from now on, but you can still wear pants and talk tough.

Oh, that's ok then, I only had a stack each of iron and gold *blocks* on me, plus a stack of redstone dust and my normal wood, stone, clock, bow, sword, etc.

/me /give tfin all the treasures I've mined out to date

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

#252276 - 04/20/11 12:03 PM

I spawned in that damn tree ("Axe me about dying at spawn"), at night, in a thunderstorm.

(BTW, I like rain. Rain is _cool_.)

I saw the signs, used too many and said "yes."

Then I walked back to my home.

As I approached my underground entrance, CRASH happened again. Yeah, I think I'm blaming the new track parts, but you might want to see if you can get into my tower, just for "fun."

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today <nt> new [Re: DMala]
#252277 - 04/20/11 12:11 PM

> I have to log in a check it out. I've been out of the Minecraft habit for a while,
> now. With Portal 2 out today, I'm not sure how soon I'll be back...

I never bought Portal, because they decided releasing the "Black Box" package would reduce their profits. From what I've seen, the only real problem with Portal 2 is that they're selling hats, pennants, and skins for the robots at ridiculous prices (full package for more than double the cost of the game).

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today <nt> new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252301 - 04/20/11 03:14 PM

Hats and pennants in Portal 2? Not that I've seen. They may have some portal 2 hats in TF2...

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: BTW, looks like 1.5 is out today <nt> new [Re: igamabob]
#252328 - 04/20/11 06:42 PM

> Hats and pennants in Portal 2? Not that I've seen. They may have some portal 2 hats
> in TF2...

To decorate the robots in co-op. Also they seem to be offering gestures for sale.

Check "Robot Enrichment" from the menu. See this video, from about 1:20

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Server update 1.5_02 Fixes bugs, Bugs, and BUGS. (nt) new [Re: GatKong]
#252329 - 04/20/11 06:45 PM

DMala
Sleep is overrated
Reged: 05/09/05
Loc: Waltham, MA
Send PM

#252331 - 04/20/11 06:53 PM

> I never bought Portal, because they decided releasing the "Black Box" package would
> reduce their profits.

Meh, it was weird and maybe a little sleazy to make people re-buy content they already had. As it was, I thought the price was fairly reasonable for what you got. If Portal hadn't been so good, I'd have felt more ripped off. I gave the redundant stuff to a friend anyway, so it didn't really bother me.

> From what I've seen, the only real problem with Portal 2 is
> that they're selling hats, pennants, and skins for the robots at ridiculous prices
> (full package for more than double the cost of the game).

Portal 2 is *awesome*, and I haven't even touched the multiplayer content yet. I'm a mess today because I ended up playing until 3am. The DLC is stupid and overpriced, but it's completely optional. I'd much rather see skins and crap I don't need than to pay for the game and then find out I need to pay more just to play the whole game.

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Got it. new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252346 - 04/20/11 08:33 PM

To get the server working, I got your player-saves back online... but I had to purge the enire world of all iron and gold, replacing them with gravel and sand. Seems to be running smooth now.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Got it. new [Re: GatKong]
#252363 - 04/20/11 11:03 PM

> To get the server working, I got your player-saves back online... but I had to purge
> the enire world of all iron and gold, replacing them with gravel and sand. Seems to
> be running smooth now.

Haha. Actually, my iron and gold WERE replaced by gravel, shovels, coal, and other stuff, because the copy of me you restored seems to be the last time the server saved me, that is, pre-1.5, as I only exited 1.5 by server crash.

The iron I have now is the 2 ore blocks I'd had, plus the same 2 ore blocks after I stuck them in a chest. All the other stuff also got duped if I stored it or deleted if I took it out of a chest. Regardless, I can "recover" my pressure plates, redstone, and other stuff, so no real problem.

That doesn't change my answer on the signs at spawn. If you want to, do it. Maybe we can set up a village around spawn, give everyone a 32x32 plot or the like for a first home, then spread out. Are there more than 8 of us? I'm only counting... 7? Maybe 8, if that other person I saw briefly (AdamIsAwesome, or something?) is actually authorized.

There should be another client patch coming, as client 1.5_01 "fixed" rain falling through glass, stairs, etc, and made the cut-in step of the stairs block dark doing it.

Oh, no wonder you didn't know this, I forgot to post it.

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

BTW... new [Re: GatKong]
#252377 - 04/21/11 01:09 AM Attachment: 2011-04-20_19.03.57.png 309 KB (0 downloads)

Who's the cuckoo been in my tree farm?

[ATTACHED IMAGE - CLICK FOR FULL SIZE]

Attachment

GatKongModerator
Tetris Mason
Send PM

Re: BTW... new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252390 - 04/21/11 02:41 AM

According to the logs... no one but you and I on the server today.

Prior to that, there are a bunch of unknown names in the log... since we don't know these people and I've never seen any evidence of constructive activity from any of them, there are probably only a menace, and I'll add their ip's to the ban list...

scripto
adamisawesome
|corndog|
syracuseduke
XDE4TH
xLegendzz3

The person who chopped down your tree farm may be the same person who burned the Spawn Tree. I dunno... entirely possible some update set all planted trees back to the sapling stage, too though...

jeremymtc
Shot Maker
Send PM

Re: BTW... new [Re: GatKong]
#252391 - 04/21/11 03:23 AM

> According to the logs... no one but you and I on the server today.
>
> Prior to that, there are a bunch of unknown names in the log... since we don't know
> these people and I've never seen any evidence of constructive activity from any of
> them, there are probably only a menace, and I'll add their ip's to the ban list...
>
> scripto
> adamisawesome
> |corndog|
> syracuseduke
> XDE4TH
> xLegendzz3
>
> The person who chopped down your tree farm may be the same person who burned the
> Spawn Tree. I dunno... entirely possible some update set all planted trees back to
> the sapling stage, too though...

Whoever burned the spawn tree had also stopped by my house to remove all valuables, blow up the outer walls, and to generally lava-fy the joint (all fixed now though).

...I think I've seen the "adamisawesome" login on your server before, a couple of months ago on the old map... iirc, Tfin was on at the time and had asked him essentially "WTH?" and the dude disappeared without saying a word.

aavada
master of unlocking
Reged: 09/25/10
Send PM

Okay, why the sand? new [Re: TriggerFin]
#252392 - 04/21/11 03:27 AM

I mean, the dirt blocks are pretty obvious but what's with the placement of the sand?

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: Okay, why the sand? new [Re: aavada]
#252394 - 04/21/11 03:35 AM

> I mean, the dirt blocks are pretty obvious but what's with the placement of the sand?

I'm in a desert, and I wanted halls I could walk through cleanly.

I'm not referring to the tree removal. I said "cuckoo," as in, replaced my babies with their own.

igamabob
Mixed Nut
Loc: Ohio
Send PM

#252396 - 04/21/11 04:10 AM

Meh, just feeding the masturbatory urges of WoW players I suppose. You don't need em to finish the game, so I say, if they can milk more out of the grass eaters out there, let em. (you can buy the complete pack for $35 right now).

krick
Get Fuzzy
Reged: 02/09/04
Send PM

pet peeve new [Re: GatKong]
#252401 - 04/21/11 04:33 AM

> so walla, a record washes out for you to collect on demand.

voilà

TriggerFin
Gnu Truth
Send PM

Re: pet peeve new [Re: krick]
#252402 - 04/21/11 04:49 AM

> > so walla, a record washes out for you to collect on demand.
>
>
> voilà

Yes. I actually pronounce it "vwah-lah." Just didn't want to pick on the guy holding my life on his computer. Now I am anyway, I guess.

Viola!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2256