MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

TheBigAmbulance
And STILL not ginger....
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

Ebay laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise: Can it be moved?
#251886 - 04/15/11 05:45 PM

I just bought a Dell Mini-9 with Microsoft Office 2007 - Enterprise Version. I've been able to get the CD Key with MagicJellyBean. The guy I bought it from didn't provide installation media with it.

I want to flush this computer and put some Linux variant on it. Before I go gung ho, I want to transfer the Office to my wife's computer because she uses Office more than I do.

I think I can legally do this, but how do I get the media? Microsoft let's you download the Student, Pro, and 'other' version online. But not enterprise, which makes me think it's OEM.

Edited by TheBigAmbulance (04/15/11 05:53 PM)

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Ebay laptop with Microsoft Office 2007 Enterprise: Can it be moved? new [Re: TheBigAmbulance]
#251887 - 04/15/11 06:00 PM

I highly doubt they will honor a user to user sale/transfer of a used key especially when you don't even have the original discs, you just have an installation and the previous owner probably still owns the dics. That said it might work if you downloaded the enterprise elsewhere and tried the key. You'll probably get an activation error every time it's opened though.

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 125 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1058