MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

DU Update: Motorcycle Madness
#251760 - 04/14/11 05:26 AM

We got Harley-Davidson & L.A. Riders (Rev.B) and Motocross Go! (MG2 Rev.A).

http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/harleyb.jpg
http://smitdogg.mameworld.info/pics/m1.jpg

I need some help paying for adapters for my programmer if anyone can help out.

JustSaiyanPaul
Darkhunter
Reged: 02/23/11
Loc: Spartanburg, SC
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: Smitdogg]
#251943 - 04/16/11 06:13 PM

Awesome! I love "Harley-Davidson & L.A. Riders"!

Hopefully, this version will work properly, unlike Revision A.

Is this the version that has the "(c) 1998 H-D" on the title screen?

You axed for it, slam for it!

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: JustSaiyanPaul]
#251953 - 04/16/11 08:05 PM

Don't know, but a new rev isn't going to fix the emulation problems. Or at least, that's extremely unlikely.

JustSaiyanPaul
Darkhunter
Send PM

#251955 - 04/16/11 08:44 PM

I see.

The thing about the game in MAME is that it has a "NO DAUGHTER BOARD DETECTED" error, like a few Model 3 games: "Emergency Call Ambulance", "The Ocean Hunter", and "Ski Champ". Maybe these games have something that MAME can't really handle.

And when I use Revision A of this game on M1, a few songs are missing and converted into sound effects and high-pitched voice clips. So it must be something that MAME can't handle. The same stuff seemed to occur on MAME32 version 120, because I went through test mode of the game on that version of MAME.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Send PM

#251956 - 04/16/11 09:08 PM

I think you can get past the daughter card message if you mess with it, maybe F2 or something, but then it's a useless 1fps glitch town. This won't bring any new dumps other than main program roms unless some from the previous dump are found to be bad.

TheGuru
MAMEDev Dumper
Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Dumpville
Send PM

#251976 - 04/17/11 03:59 AM

> I see.
>
> The thing about the game in MAME is that it has a "NO DAUGHTER BOARD DETECTED" error,
> like a few Model 3 games: "Emergency Call Ambulance", "The Ocean Hunter", and "Ski
> Champ". Maybe these games have something that MAME can't really handle.
>
> And when I use Revision A of this game on M1, a few songs are missing and converted
> into sound effects and high-pitched voice clips. So it must be something that MAME
> can't handle. The same stuff seemed to occur on MAME32 version 120, because I went
> through test mode of the game on that version of MAME.

You really need to do more research. Saying MAME can't handle anything clearly shows you have no idea. Almost everything in MAME is guessed or reverse-engineered over an *extended* period of time. There is no book to look up the missing pieces.
The games don't work because of protection issues and these games are incredibly complicated and even more incredibly powerful hardware-wise so major parts of the emulation are also missing. You will likely never see Model 3 games running at full speed in MAME. But actually MAME is not for that purpose anyway.
Check the recently released Supermodel if you're interested in trying Model 3 emulation.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

I disagree new [Re: TheGuru]
#252074 - 04/18/11 03:52 AM

> You will likely never see Model 3 games running at full speed in MAME.

Maybe in the year 2059 we'll be like the Naomi today, maybe decades more it will be playable on the latest terahertz processors

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

TheGuru
MAMEDev Dumper
Reged: 06/13/04
Loc: Dumpville
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: Naoki]
#252089 - 04/18/11 09:28 AM

NEWSFLASH!!!! Hot off the press..........MAME to run Model 3 in a few decades!!!...... Get ready for it!...... It's going to be B-I-G !!!!........More updates in the 6 O'clock bulletin.......

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#252100 - 04/18/11 03:18 PM

> I think you can get past the daughter card message if you mess with it, maybe F2 or
> something, but then it's a useless 1fps glitch town. This won't bring any new dumps
> other than main program roms unless some from the previous dump are found to be bad.

The "daughter board" message also appears in SuperModel, so the accusations on this thread that MAMEdev is doing something uniquely wrong really annoy me.

JustSaiyanPaul
Darkhunter
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: R. Belmont]
#252119 - 04/18/11 10:16 PM

But what I meant was that the daughter board might have been too much for MAME to handle, but it may not be that, it might be that the board is too complex to hook up.

Naoki
Reged: 11/10/09
Loc: United Kingdom
Send PM

#252120 - 04/18/11 10:43 PM

Or it might be you just need to stop pointing fingers without knowing the facts first.

----
On a quest for Digital 573 and Dancing Stage EuroMix 2

By gods I've found it!

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

#252166 - 04/19/11 02:59 PM

> But what I meant was that the daughter board might have been too much for MAME to
> handle, but it may not be that, it might be that the board is too complex to hook up.

Or it could mean that nobody (including Bart) has investigated what the games are actually looking for when they show that message. Oh, wait, that's actually true ;-)

JustSaiyanPaul
Darkhunter
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: R. Belmont]
#252214 - 04/20/11 12:50 AM

I really do need to look up more about this daughter board thing.

Bart T.
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

#252218 - 04/20/11 01:39 AM

> I really do need to look up more about this daughter board thing.

There's nothing to look up. Unless you have the actual arcade and can start unplugging PCBs to see which one triggers the error

The daughter board error doesn't affect anything. If I had to guess, "daughter board" refers to either the MPEG sound board or the motor (force feedback) drive board. Likewise for the "one processor detected" message that some games display (Fighting Vipers 2).

But as RB said, nobody has actually bothered to look into it.

Bart

JustSaiyanPaul
Darkhunter
Send PM

Re: DU Update: Motorcycle Madness new [Re: Bart T.]
#252280 - 04/20/11 12:57 PM

I can tell the daughter board doesn't really do anything that much, because I tested Harley on Supermodel, and I saw the "NO DAUGHTER BOARD DETECTED" screen still, however, I watched through the intro, and saw all the fading-in-from-black effects, and saw all the fading-to-white effects, as shown in the actual arcade machine. I thought the daughter board was somehow for special effects that the M3 can use.

StilettoAdministrator
They're always after me Lucky ROMS!
Reged: 03/07/04
Send PM

#252662 - 04/23/11 08:09 PM

> I can tell the daughter board doesn't really do anything that much, because I tested
> Harley on Supermodel, and I saw the "NO DAUGHTER BOARD DETECTED" screen still,
> however, I watched through the intro, and saw all the fading-in-from-black effects,
> and saw all the fading-to-white effects, as shown in the actual arcade machine. I
> thought the daughter board was somehow for special effects that the M3 can use.

- Stiletto

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 522 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 5975