MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Bart T.
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

Darren Olafson and Mike Coates
#251185 - 04/07/11 08:10 PM

Hi,

Does anyone happen to know how to get in touch with Mike and Darren. I don't think they've been active on the MAME project for a long time (but I could be mistaken), but I was hoping someone still knew a way to get in touch with them.

Rather than PMing me, emailing me at supermodel.emu at gmail dot com would be preferable.

Thank you

Bart

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Darren Olafson and Mike Coates new [Re: Bart T.]
#251189 - 04/07/11 08:43 PM

Assuming you're looking for A68k, I believe MAMEdev itself handles licensing requests on that nowadays even though we don't use it.

AaronGiles
Galaxiwarrior
Send PM

Re: Darren Olafson and Mike Coates new [Re: R. Belmont]
#251192 - 04/07/11 09:42 PM

> Assuming you're looking for A68k, I believe MAMEdev itself handles licensing requests
> on that nowadays even though we don't use it.

What's this "MAMEDev" you speak of? There is, legally speaking, no such thing. Thus MAMEDev cannot possibly handle licensing requests. Of course, the folks who participate in MAMEDev can facilitate finding the original authors, but in terms of granting permission, it's down to the copyright owner as stated in the source code.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: Darren Olafson and Mike Coates new [Re: AaronGiles]
#251195 - 04/07/11 10:03 PM

> What's this "MAMEDev" you speak of? There is, legally speaking, no such thing.

"MAMEdev" is of course the second half of "Copyright Nicola Salmoria and the MAME Team" that you use in all the core files. If there's no such thing, it should just say "Nicola Salmoria" and/or the real author.

Also, someone emailed us fairly recently regarding licensing for an ARM version of A68k and I don't recall you making this objection (not that we ever gave them a straight answer either).

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Darren Olafson and Mike Coates new [Re: R. Belmont]
#251222 - 04/08/11 01:24 AM

> > What's this "MAMEDev" you speak of? There is, legally speaking, no such thing.
>
> "MAMEdev" is of course the second half of "Copyright Nicola Salmoria and the MAME
> Team" that you use in all the core files. If there's no such thing, it should just
> say "Nicola Salmoria" and/or the real author.
>
> Also, someone emailed us fairly recently regarding licensing for an ARM version of
> A68k and I don't recall you making this objection (not that we ever gave them a
> straight answer either).

Oop a dispute! Someone should contact Kale for the official answer!

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Man, I love these incidental behind-the-scenes new [Re: R. Belmont]
#251224 - 04/08/11 01:30 AM

> > What's this "MAMEDev" you speak of? There is, legally speaking, no such thing.
>
> "MAMEdev" is of course the second half of "Copyright Nicola Salmoria and the MAME
> Team" that you use in all the core files. If there's no such thing, it should just
> say "Nicola Salmoria" and/or the real author.
>
> Also, someone emailed us fairly recently regarding licensing for an ARM version of
> A68k and I don't recall you making this objection (not that we ever gave them a
> straight answer either).

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Darren Olafson
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/09/11
Send PM

Re: Darren Olafson and Mike Coates new [Re: Bart T.]
#261826 - 08/09/11 06:55 PM

I've been away from MAME for quite a while but you can contact me at d dot olafson at shaw dot ca

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 163 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2661