View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1 | 2 |

Elratauru
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/29/11
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: Chine]
#250733 - 04/03/11 06:10 PM

Sorry my friend, but I do have a Phenon II x6 at 3.3ghz each core, with a HD5750 1GB DDR5, and Scud works at 60fps using only 2 cores (about 15% of usage) using ppc-frequency at 35mhz.

Specs?

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/08/11
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: zambr]
#250734 - 04/03/11 06:39 PM

Sega should have ported more of these games to the Dreamcast and made the ports faithful to the coin op, if they did then the Dreamcast might not have had such a short life Span.

A port of Sega Race tv and some other Lindberg games to the PS3 or 360 would be nice but they will probably never do it.

luke2fr
Luke too Fresh
Reged: 02/05/08
Loc: France
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: GraphicArts]
#250736 - 04/03/11 07:14 PM

> Sega should have ported more of these games to the Dreamcast and made the ports
> faithful to the coin op, if they did then the Dreamcast might not have had such a
> short life Span.
>

As already said by many, that wasn't done because M3 is much more powerfull than DC/Naomi

Chine
MAME Fan
Reged: 06/29/07
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: Chine]
#250740 - 04/03/11 07:40 PM

problem solved. In nvidia Control Panel, I've added "Supermodel.exe" and forced it to use the video card

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Small source update new [Re: zambr]
#250741 - 04/03/11 08:00 PM

ok, thanks for the help.

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250742 - 04/03/11 08:04 PM

Oh there is a page 2 i just noticed, i thought my comments were not posting.lol

The Second stage in Sega Rally 2 must be pushing the m3 hardware to its limits, all the mountains are covered with photo realistic textures, they look really good with the fog off.

Sega Rally 2 Second stage
http://img35.imageshack.us/i/86156295.png

http://img541.imageshack.us/i/hghgjj.png

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Loc: ECV-197 The Orville
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: luke2fr]
#250744 - 04/03/11 08:15 PM

> As already said by many, that wasn't done because M3 is much more powerfull than
> DC/Naomi

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.

DC/Naomi has an order of magnitude higher geometry, pixel, and texel throughput, outputs higher resolution, and has roughly twice the CPU power of Step 2.1 (SH4 has a 7 cycle floating-point matrix multiply, which takes dozens of cycles on PPC). It also cost about 10% as much to build, and has JPEG texture compression so it can have more unique texels in a scene than Model 3 has in an entire game.

And DC died because your mom could pirate games for it.

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: R. Belmont]
#250745 - 04/03/11 08:50 PM

> > As already said by many, that wasn't done because M3 is much more powerfull than
> > DC/Naomi
>
> Hahahahahahahhahahahahahaha.
>
> DC/Naomi has an order of magnitude higher geometry, pixel, and texel throughput,
> outputs higher resolution, and has roughly twice the CPU power of Step 2.1 (SH4 has a
> 7 cycle floating-point matrix multiply, which takes dozens of cycles on PPC). It also
> cost about 10% as much to build, and has JPEG texture compression so it can have more
> unique texels in a scene than Model 3 has in an entire game.
>
> And DC died because your mom could pirate games for it.

They did a poor job though with the DC ports of Virtual Fighter 3 and Sega Rally 2, the poor quality car models and Jerky FPS and lower Texture Res on some of the other Animations and Fighting Vipers 2 wasn't up to scratch. Von is pretty good, and Get Bass and VS2 but them 2 are pretty weak model 3 games compared to others.

Bart T.
Reged: 01/07/06
Send PM

64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: Bart T.]
#250747 - 04/03/11 08:56 PM

Grab it here. Contributed by Nik Henson. Haven't tried it myself, but he says it offers a very modest boost (5-6 FPS) at some points where the 32-bit build normally slows down. Let me know if it works.

Well, I think that's a wrap! Hopefully I can scrape together another release in a few weeks. Check the What's New page for WIP updates (don't expect anything this week though). I think I've spammed the MAMEWorld forum with this OT stuff enough :P

Bart

firebricks
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/03/06
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: R. Belmont]
#250748 - 04/03/11 09:02 PM

That sounds pretty exciting. What specifically makes accuracy possible with the newer cards?

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: R. Belmont]
#250759 - 04/03/11 10:44 PM

> And DC died because your mom could pirate games for it.

A port of Star Wars Trilogy and Scud Race and Daytona 2 would have most certainly boosted Dc sales, people have always purchased the console and pc versions of their favourite Coin Op games.

Daytona 2001 was a solid port, a good upgrade of the Original but people were crying out for Daytona 2 and Scud Race.

Thank heavens for Emulation.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: GraphicArts]
#250762 - 04/03/11 11:30 PM

> They did a poor job though with the DC ports of Virtual Fighter 3 and Sega Rally 2,
> the poor quality car models and Jerky FPS and lower Texture Res on some of the other
> Animations and Fighting Vipers 2 wasn't up to scratch. Von is pretty good, and Get
> Bass and VS2 but them 2 are pretty weak model 3 games compared to others.

The Model 3 -> DC ports were very poor. However, that's because the ports sucked, not because the DC hardware couldn't handle the games. Sega Rally 2 was ported first to Windows/DirectX 5 and then from the PC to the Dreamcast using Windows CE. That is not an optimal high-performance way to use the hardware

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: pjay]
#250763 - 04/03/11 11:31 PM

> Question? How did the original old version of supermodel run back in 2003 - 2004? I
> was always was curious about that.

This *is* the original old version of supermodel, just minus the Windows-specific code paths and with significantly better 3D emulation.

Anonymous
Unregistered
Send PM

#250766 - 04/04/11 03:53 AM

I have 64 bit version.

The Lost World:

The fps 60 is remain mostly through level 5 and there are few 22-30 fps for briefly in level 3 before return to 60 fps. Good job!

The graphic is almost barely recognizable. What a improvement!!!

P.S.

I tried to change Japan to USA but it wont work that way.

Cyberzinho Punk
Reged: 12/31/09
Loc: São José dos Campos, SP, Brazil
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: Bart T.]
#250767 - 04/04/11 03:53 AM

Supermodel Version 0.1.2a compiles and runs fine on Slackware Linux 13.1....

Thanks!!!!!

Sorry, my English is bad!!!
Slackware Linux 14.2 beta 2/Fluxbox 1.3.7
Linux user #438128
MAME for Slackware

Elratauru
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: Bart T.]
#250769 - 04/04/11 04:25 AM

> Grab it here. Contributed by Nik Henson. Haven't tried it myself, but he says it
> offers a very modest boost (5-6 FPS) at some points where the 32-bit build normally
> slows down. Let me know if it works.
>
> Well, I think that's a wrap! Hopefully I can scrape together another release in a few
> weeks. Check the What's New page for WIP updates (don't expect anything this week
> though). I think I've spammed the MAMEWorld forum with this OT stuff enough :P

I can confirm that the 64 bits version runs way faster. Not sure about fps's but for example:

- Scud Race on my Phenom II x6 at 3.3ghz: Fullspeed of gameplay and 55-57fps needed 33mhz of cpu frequency, now I can play it with 50mhz at 60fps and fullspeed too.

-Daytona 2: 40mhz to get 60fps, if I used 50mhz to get it more smooth, the fps would be like 50 or 45. Right now, I can play it emulating 50mhz at 60fps.

My point: 50mhz = 60fps on any game to me right now, except for minor bugs (Daytona track slowdowns and stuff we already know)

Do we have any kind of "way" to "know" how much mhz did these games used originally in each model 3 board?

I mean, I know that:
-Step 1.0: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603 66Mhz
-Step 1.5: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603 100Mhz
-Step 2.0: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603ev 166Mhz (Same for 2.1)

Bart T.
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: Elratauru]
#250771 - 04/04/11 05:29 AM

> I can confirm that the 64 bits version runs way faster. Not sure about fps's but for
> example:

One thing you can do is disable frame limiting, allowing Supermodel to run as fast it can. Then compare. On very fast systems, it might become difficult to control the games, so I recommend creating a save state just before a scene that is known to slow the emulator down

> Do we have any kind of "way" to "know" how much mhz did these games used originally
> in each model 3 board?
>
> I mean, I know that:
> -Step 1.0: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603 66Mhz
> -Step 1.5: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603 100Mhz
> -Step 2.0: 32bits RISC PowerPC 603ev 166Mhz (Same for 2.1)

I'm not sure I understand the question. The clock frequencies you listed are what the games actually run at (although last I heard, there was some skepticism about Step 1.5 being 100MHz).

This notion of games being underclocked in Supermodel is somewhat artificial and really only relevant within the context of the emulator. Emulators are rarely built to be cycle-accurate simulators at the hardware level, certainly not with "complicated" architectures like the Model 3.

The PowerPC instruction timing is not necessarily correct and, more importantly, operations that would consume real time on the actual hardware, such as DMA transfers and rendering, do not eat up PowerPC cycles in the emulator. When the PowerPC issues a DMA transfer command, for example, the emulator does the entire transfer right away and then goes on to the next instruction as if arbitrary amounts of memory could be magically moved in 1 cycle. In reality, the DMA transfer would take some amount of time to complete and in the meantime, the PowerPC would continue running ("consuming" cycles, if you want to think of it that way, but without doing any useful work).

Basically, there are a lot of wasted cycles each frame where the PowerPC is waiting on other hardware to finish something. I don't need to run the PowerPC if it's just going to sit around and do nothing for millions of cycles. Better to underclock it. For the most part, the games are going to be timed off of IRQ events anyway (with some exceptions), so as long as enough cycles are executed per frame (and this is what you're asking about, I think), the result will be indistinguishable from running at the full 66 or 100 MHz.

What constitutes "enough" is virtually impossible to tell except through experimentation but all the games are doing similar things each frame, so there's probably some acceptable threshold we can identify. Your findings suggest that it may be 50 MHz, particularly for Step 1.5 and 1.0. Assuming the correct clock frequency is 66 MHz, a very crude estimate would suggest that the CPU spends about a quarter of the time doing nothing particularly useful.

Bart

Elratauru
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250783 - 04/04/11 09:40 AM

> One thing you can do is disable frame limiting, allowing Supermodel to run as fast it can. Then compare. On very fast systems, it might become difficult to control the games, so I recommend creating a save state just before a scene that is known to slow the emulator down

Yeah, I realized that after trying some stuff. Managed to get 70fps average on daytona with 50mhz. The 32bits version ran at about 55fps average. That-s a 15fps increment in my rig. Also, for some laughs, I got 95fps average on Star Wars Trilogy on the 64bits version without frame limiting :P

> For the most part, the games are going to be timed off of IRQ events anyway (with some exceptions), so as long as enough cycles are executed per frame (and this is what you're asking about, I think), the result will be indistinguishable from running at the full 66 or 100 MHz.

Yeah, I realized that after thinking about it.

> What constitutes "enough" is virtually impossible to tell except through experimentation but all the games are doing similar things each frame, so there's probably some acceptable threshold we can identify. Your findings suggest that it may be 50 MHz, particularly for Step 1.5 and 1.0. Assuming the correct clock frequency is 66 MHz, a very crude estimate would suggest that the CPU spends about a quarter of the time doing nothing particularly useful.

Yes. 50mhz is mostly ok in most games, however there was one game that I didnt managed to run at fullspeed: Virtua Striker 2 '98. That game made me push the ppc clock to 58mhz and the most fps I could get were only 54. The game still felt kinda slow, so I would assume that VS2 really pushes the Model 3 hardware compared to other Step 2.0-2.1 games, I tried with more clock speed, but it was useless since I was pushing my cpu too much. The only "bad thing" is that the emulator uses only 1 and a half of my 6 cores.

Also, this may be an interesting question: I know that sound will come later, and Im not in a hurry either, but are we gonna emulate the sound in separate core? I know synchronization can be a bitch sometimes when doing multi-threading stuff, but this would help a lot speed-wise.

bart lover
MAME ,SEGA Fan
Reged: 04/04/11
Loc: france,LYON
Send PM

#250786 - 04/04/11 03:18 PM

Hi guys!

Its run perfect on my xp 32 sp 3!!I dont have a 64 bit version,to try it!

My pc spec:

CPU= C2D E6750 @ 3.2 ghzt , 2 go DDR 2(960 mghzt) , GPU= HD 4870 512 mo ,on HDTV 1080p LED 46 " with HDMI!

Scud race run at 59.1/61 fps with ppc frequency at 30 mhzt(the best fps for me!)!!

I tried 50 mhzt but the frame rate is 55!

Daytona 2 run at 45/52 fps (slow down)with ppc frequency= 50 (the best fps for me)

All games run good when ppc frequency = 50!

It is very impressive in 1920/1080(looks like xbox 360 game!),but just in 4/3 display!

If i want fullscreen,i need to change resolution to 1280/1024...with -fullscreen command of course!

Thanks a lot Bart,you are my hero because,you make my arcade dream true!

SUPERMODEL is a f...g drug,i played all the week for very long hours!

I have small craftiness for the sound, for those who it interests:

Go on YouTube and launch a video of a race of Scud race for example and synchronize the whole, so that l illusion operates!lol!

Its works good for me lol!

So what do you think about Demul wip??

I hope sound arrive soon ,Bart,i love you man,you are the best!

If you want to play scud or daytona with a racing wheel or a joypad,i recommand you "XPADDER",its works very well in daytona with my xbox 360 official wheel!

PS:
STAR WARS TRILOGY works like a charm at 59/60 fps with a youtube video for sound lol!

For shooting use : "Q" button none "A"

Edited by bart lover (04/04/11 05:06 PM)

SEGA FOREVER

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: bart lover]
#250797 - 04/04/11 05:11 PM

I tried Daytona 2 on the 64 bit version, it is still running at only about 50% speed but is only using up about 40% Max of my CPU for some reason.

Bart T.
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: GraphicArts]
#250800 - 04/04/11 05:29 PM

What is the frame rate (-show-fps option)? Also, try setting -ppc-frequency=50 .

Bart

Bart T.
Send PM

#250801 - 04/04/11 05:31 PM

> Hi guys!
> PS:
> STAR WARS TRILOGY works like a charm at 59/60 fps with a youtube video for sound
> lol!
>
> For shooting use : "Q" button none "A"

That's strange (not as strange as your choice of username, but that's another issue...) It should be mapped to A by default, unless there's some foreign keyboard weirdness going on.

You can re-map the keys if you want by using the -config-inputs option.

Bart

Bart T.
Send PM

#250802 - 04/04/11 05:37 PM

> managed to run at fullspeed: Virtua Striker 2 '98. That game made me push the ppc
> clock to 58mhz and the most fps I could get were only 54. The game still felt kinda
> slow, so I would assume that VS2 really pushes the Model 3 hardware compared to other
> Step 2.0-2.1 games, I tried with more clock speed, but it was useless since I was
> pushing my cpu too much.

I haven't looked at it in detail. It might be a different issue altogether (like, say, IRQs), particularly if it seems to be running at half-speed while the frame rate is 60 FPS.

>
> Also, this may be an interesting question: I know that sound will come later, and Im
> not in a hurry either, but are we gonna emulate the sound in separate core? I know
> synchronization can be a bitch sometimes when doing multi-threading stuff, but this
> would help a lot speed-wise.

Right now, Supermodel only uses a single thread and will continue to do so for a while until the basics are hammered out. I know it would be more efficient to use multiple threads, but a lot more needs to be figured out about Model 3 timing for this to work properly.

Bart

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250803 - 04/04/11 05:48 PM

> What is the frame rate (-show-fps option)? Also, try setting -ppc-frequency=50 .

That is better, much faster, thanks for that.

The Framrate is moving from 50 to just over 60fps with Daytona 2, i still got about 50% cpu left. Pretty fast emulator, Amazing work. My Intel core 2 Duo 3.16Ghz was only about $300.00 and that was a year or 2 ago, far from the most expensive CPU, so that is great that you don't need a $600,00 cpu to run it at full speed.

I brought a second hand hard drive that is pretty old and sounds slow, i might get a new one, it might run at a constant 60fps.

bart lover
MAME ,SEGA Fan
Send PM

#250809 - 04/04/11 06:30 PM

Thanks for all Bart!

Lol,i m not gay!lol!

Seriously,Do you think,you can make a 32 bits version fasters as 64 bits version!??

Is it possible or not!

Because,i love xp 32 bits and i don t want to buy seven at all!?

Thanks you very much Bart,you did an awsome good work!

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250810 - 04/04/11 06:44 PM

> Thanks for all Bart!
>
> Lol,i m not gay!lol!
>
> Seriously,Do you think,you can make a 32 bits version fasters as 64 bits version!??
>
> Is it possible or not!
>
> Because,i love xp 32 bits and i don t want to buy seven at all!?
>
> Thanks you very much Bart,you did an awsome good work!

Trying to make fun of us all are we.

I think your efforts are about as successful as Charlie Sheens Torpedo of Truth tours.

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: Elratauru]
#250813 - 04/04/11 07:21 PM

The demos don't but GamePlay in Model 3 step 2 games runs at a constant 60fps on my pc with the Emulator frequency set on 50.

Sega rally 2, 60fps
http://img718.imageshack.us/i/19639064.png

Ok guys this is my last post in this thread, it has been a blast, and thanks again for this great Emulator.

Later

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#250814 - 04/04/11 07:47 PM

> Grab it here. Contributed by Nik Henson. Haven't tried it myself, but he says it
> offers a very modest boost (5-6 FPS) at some points where the 32-bit build normally
> slows down. Let me know if it works.
>
> Well, I think that's a wrap! Hopefully I can scrape together another release in a few
> weeks. Check the What's New page for WIP updates (don't expect anything this week
> though). I think I've spammed the MAMEWorld forum with this OT stuff enough :P

Excellent news Bart! Do you think there's a chance the next release will have A)Sound and/or B)Steering wheel and force feedback support? Those are the only things I'm waiting on before I try this emu

bart lover
MAME ,SEGA Fan
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: Outrun2006]
#250815 - 04/04/11 07:54 PM

And me too man,force feed back and sound would make an awsome experience of model 3 racing game like the original arcade!!

You can dl XPADDER to mappe direction,brake...etc!

Its work good with my xbox 360 wheel and my 360 pad controller!

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#250817 - 04/04/11 08:11 PM

Still not working here

It finds and loads roms but when the window opens it's transparent and while I get the FPS to indicate it's running I see nothing.

Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate
Geforce 7300 GS, shader language 1.20
E6300
1GB RAM

Bart T.
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: RetroRepair]
#250818 - 04/04/11 09:06 PM

Send me a screenshot. I'm not sure what could be going on. Also, start it with -show-fps to make sure it's not just running ridiculously slow.

As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No further comment.

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: strange performance new [Re: Elratauru]
#250820 - 04/04/11 09:12 PM

One last Question, anyone know how to get the Live Cam Demo running in Daytona 2!

Daytona 2 Live Cam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCzNraRFVC0

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/13/09
Send PM

#250821 - 04/04/11 09:16 PM

did someone notice that in fullscreen the fps increase from 6 to 12? scud race was runing at 56 almost all the time and going down to 50 in some areas, also in the attract mode it was going down to 35 for a quarter of a second, but in fullscreen it has more than 60 fps all the time!

CrapBoardSoftware
My real name is banned dickhead
Reged: 01/03/06
Loc: Wisconsin
Send PM

#250822 - 04/04/11 09:19 PM

> As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This
> weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No
> further comment.

You opened Pandora's box of SEGA fanboys

Outrun2006
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/15/07
Send PM

#250827 - 04/04/11 09:43 PM

> As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This
> weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No
> further comment.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

This statement, although somewhat vague, tells me that you acknowledge our desires to have force feedback wheel support. This makes me EXTREMELY happy! I can tell you right now, that I am going to run down the street BUCK NAKED doing flip flops when this happends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: karadaniano]
#250828 - 04/04/11 09:46 PM

> One last Question, anyone know how to get the Live Cam Demo running in Daytona 2!
>
>
> Daytona 2 Live Cam
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCzNraRFVC0

It is cool i found out but you can't do it yet in the Emulator, cause it only runs when you set it on Single not on live.

I read that this game was in that movie Dude Where's My Car

RetroRepair
MAME Fan
Reged: 12/21/09
Send PM

#250829 - 04/04/11 09:57 PM

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's not fast but this was taken after about 3 minutes.

Bart T.
Send PM

#250831 - 04/04/11 10:05 PM

Email me at supermodel.emu at gmail dot com.

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250832 - 04/04/11 10:06 PM

> Uploaded with ImageShack.us
>
> It's not fast but this was taken after about 3 minutes.

It is for XP though isn't it!. If it has one, Windows 7's XP Emulator Console might not be able to run every XP Application. XP'S dos emulation console only runs like half of the old dos games, thank heavens for Dosbox, the second greatest 2d emulator after Mame. i could play some of them old dos games for hours, interesting games, much more so than the current generation games,

Bart T.
Send PM

Thanks for all the great feedback but.. new [Re: Bart T.]
#250833 - 04/04/11 10:07 PM

... it's time to end this thread. Feel free to email me at supermodel.emu at gmail dot com concerning problems. I'll look into opening a forum in the future. It's not fair to the other users of this board.

Thanks and see you next time

c0de
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250834 - 04/04/11 10:09 PM

any compile-instructions for ubuntu 10.10? does not build by now... a package would also be welcome
and: how crucial is a good gpu? i only have intel hd graphics...

bart lover
MAME ,SEGA Fan
Send PM

#250836 - 04/04/11 10:19 PM

> Send me a screenshot. I'm not sure what could be going on. Also, start it with
> -show-fps to make sure it's not just running ridiculously slow.
>
> further comment.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: Thanks for all the great feedback but.. new [Re: Bart T.]
#250837 - 04/04/11 10:22 PM

>I'll look into opening a forum in the future. It's not fair to the other users of this
> board.

No problem imo. I hope if and whenever non-cpu games support happens in MAME, the threads will be this many as well.....nah...never happen.

MAME Chat forum is probably ideal forum for now in case any new posts need to be posted regarding Supermodel. And whenever next Supermodel update happens, back here to post another announcement in News forum.

gregf
Ramtek's Trivia promoter
Loc: southern CA, US
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: CrapBoardSoftware]
#250838 - 04/04/11 10:30 PM

>> As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This
>> weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No
>> further comment.

>You opened Pandora's box of SEGA fanboys

Almost reminds me with CPS-2 emulation finally taking place back in January 2001, with Raz's Xors, but without the drama such as when Dave and Finalburn stopped further support of any more CPS-2 games only a few weeks after and then the RG CPS-2 forums had its own riots taking place. Good, funny emutimes back then. Almost like watching a fight scene on a Jerry Springer tv talk show.

R. Belmont
Cuckoo for IGAvania
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: c0de]
#250840 - 04/04/11 10:57 PM

> any compile-instructions for ubuntu 10.10? does not build by now... a package would
> also be welcome
> and: how crucial is a good gpu? i only have intel hd graphics...

make -f Makefiles/Makefile.SDL.UNIX-MODERN.GCC should work for most recent Linux distros. What error messages are you getting?

Also, Intel HD graphics almost certainly will not work. A strong GPU is a must.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#250841 - 04/04/11 11:20 PM

> ... Supermodel?
>
> The very first alpha version of my Model 3 emulator is now available. Very
> preliminary, of course. She photographs well but is still a little unsure of herself
> on the runway!

Sucks to have an outdated videocard without OpenGL 2.0 support. I've felted left behind by emulators using Pixel Shaders v2.0 too. Good thing it's April already so I can finally build my Sandy bridge based PC.

Congrats for the project release.

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: gregf]
#250843 - 04/04/11 11:29 PM

> >> As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This
> >> weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No
> >> further comment.
>
> > You opened Pandora's box of SEGA fanboys
>
> Almost reminds me with CPS-2 emulation finally taking place back in January 2001,
> with Raz's Xors, but without the drama such as when Dave and Finalburn stopped
> further support of any more CPS-2 games only a few weeks after and then the RG CPS-2
> forums had its own riots taking place. Good, funny emutimes back then. Almost like
> watching a fight scene on a Jerry Springer tv talk show.

I read the Dave thingie... this was the worst.

CrapBoardSoftware
Send PM

Re: 64-bit Windows build now available. new [Re: Outrun2006]
#250844 - 04/04/11 11:32 PM

> > As for features for the next version: I haven't started working on it yet! This
> > weekend, perhaps. My priority is figuring out sound first. Patience, please No
> > further comment.
>
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>
>
> This statement, although somewhat vague, tells me that you acknowledge our desires to
> have force feedback wheel support. This makes me EXTREMELY happy! I can tell you
> right now, that I am going to run down the street BUCK NAKED doing flip flops when
> this happends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please do this. And post a video on utube when "they" finally arrest you. :P

Cable
retro gamer
Reged: 08/30/08
Loc: UK
Send PM

#250845 - 04/04/11 11:36 PM

Has anybody tried the GUI called supermodel xtassy fe which i noticed on one of the emu news sites (not sure if rules permit me naming it). Im not going to be home to try it till tomorrow just wondered how good it is?

Elratauru
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: Cable]
#250848 - 04/04/11 11:42 PM

> Has anybody tried the GUI called supermodel xtassy fe which i noticed on one of the
> emu news sites (not sure if rules permit me naming it). Im not going to be home to
> try it till tomorrow just wondered how good it is?

I have tried it just of curiosity... And from a design wise point it sucks. Colors everywhere, serif-fonts, ugly interface. I miss the times where the GUI's looked like another windows-like programs, simple and efficient.

Also I believe that running this using the console is way easier to run anything right now, you just need to remember the most used commands and you'll be fine...after all its not like Supermodel has that much stuff to configure.

Bart T.
Send PM

#250849 - 04/05/11 12:02 AM

Also make sure you're using the v0.1.2a source code. 0.1.1a was missing some required glew headers (I didn't notice it initially because I had glew installed).

xxanderr1234
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/11
Send PM

#250864 - 04/05/11 04:06 AM

Bart, I just wanted to thank you for your great emu, Segas Model 3 arcades were always my favourates. I never thought we'd see playable model 3 emulation, so thanks.

One question regarding the emulator, on Lost World I cant get the gun to reload. I tried the right mouse button but it doesnt work, so I reconfigued it to the A key on my keyboard but that didnt work either. I've tried in windowed mode and full screen but still nothing. Im not sure what Im doing wrong, does it work fine for everyone else?

Thanks

Elratauru
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: xxanderr1234]
#250877 - 04/05/11 05:55 AM

> One question regarding the emulator, on Lost World I cant get the gun to reload. I tried the right mouse button but it doesnt work, so I reconfigued it to the A key on my keyboard but that didnt work either. I've tried in windowed mode and full screen but still nothing. Im not sure what Im doing wrong, does it work fine for everyone else? Thanks

Hold right clic and press Left Click. Magic :P

xxanderr1234
MAME Fan
Reged: 04/05/11
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: Elratauru]
#250898 - 04/05/11 01:48 PM

> > One question regarding the emulator, on Lost World I cant get the gun to reload. I
> tried the right mouse button but it doesnt work, so I reconfigued it to the A key on
> my keyboard but that didnt work either. I've tried in windowed mode and full screen
> but still nothing. Im not sure what Im doing wrong, does it work fine for everyone
> else? Thanks
>
> Hold right clic and press Left Click. Magic :P

Thanks I knew I was being stupid

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

any ClrMAME .dat file available ? new [Re: Bart T.]
#250918 - 04/05/11 07:46 PM

hi all,
is anyone building a .dat file (ClrMAME XML format) for Supermodel ?
does SEGA Model 3 use any bios sets ?

Although I asked, I don't need this file as I'll make my frontend (Emu Loader) extract the game info and ROMs list from MAME.
I'm just asking if anyone is doing it.

thanks in advance.

c0de
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250921 - 04/05/11 08:04 PM

> > any compile-instructions for ubuntu 10.10? does not build by now... a package would
> > also be welcome
> > and: how crucial is a good gpu? i only have intel hd graphics...
>
> make -f Makefiles/Makefile.SDL.UNIX-MODERN.GCC should work for most recent Linux
> distros. What error messages are you getting?

thanks, it works now. had to update the source from bart's page

> Also, Intel HD graphics almost certainly will not work. A strong GPU is a must.

damn

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: c0de]
#250933 - 04/05/11 09:55 PM

xxanderr1234 aka Bart Lover, Kids ain't aloud here it says.

Here i found a forum for you.

http://www.pokemon-forum.com/

GraphicArts
MAME Fan
Send PM

#250935 - 04/05/11 10:02 PM

> > Question? How did the original old version of supermodel run back in 2003 - 2004? I
> > was always was curious about that.
>
> This *is* the original old version of supermodel, just minus the Windows-specific
> code paths and with significantly better 3D emulation.

Just wondering, what happened to Dirt Devils!, i remember seeing pictures of Dirt Devils running on Supermodel about 5 years ago.

The Emulation looked quiet good, full textures were showing on everything. Or does Ville have a different version!. I seen pictures of it running on Demul, at the momenbt it looks like a bomb his it haha. A week or 2 ago I'm sure i read that Ville's version is different than Barts.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Discuss this in MAME Chat from here out. Closed because it's no longer news and it's getting a little creepy. (nt) kthx new [Re: Bart T.]
#250939 - 04/05/11 11:15 PM

karadaniano
MAME Fan
Reged: 10/13/09
Send PM

Re: And the next top model is... new [Re: GraphicArts]
#250941 - 04/05/11 11:18 PM

> > >
> Just wondering, what happened to Dirt Devils!, i remember seeing pictures of Dirt
> Devils running on Supermodel about 5 years ago.
>
> Is this a rewrite! It must be, i don't think you guys would have removed it cause the
> Emulation looked quiet good, full textures were showing on everything. Or does ville
> have a different version! A week or 2 ago I'm sure i read that his version is
> different.

bart started from 0, so i think the gamelist to, sega bass fishing and virtua striker ver 99 were playable to
it would be great if the official gui let you input the power clock frequency, since the performance is different with each game
EDIT: lol when i post this, was before smittdog suggest that, my apologies

Edited by karadaniano (04/05/11 11:21 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 |

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 180 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 35779