MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

3ds is a plus on my gamefan list
#250159 - 03/28/11 08:35 PM

i gotta be honest, when i heard an nintendo 3d handheld system was coming out i said to myself not again nintendo.remebering virtualboy is not easy..being an old school 80's gamefan, it hit a lot of questions on game play and control sacrifice.i'm proud to say my fears were wrong.this system is amazing.i got super street fighter as part and i must say i'm really impressed with nintendos little gadget.even for old school street fighters like me this is almost an exact port.so if you guys feel a little discouraged like i did ,i could honestly say don't be.i feel it's worth the $250 believe it or not.

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

jopezu
bread-train
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: georgia
Send PM

Re: 3ds is a plus on my gamefan list new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#250161 - 03/28/11 08:44 PM

> i gotta be honest, when i heard an nintendo 3d handheld system was coming out i said
> to myself not again nintendo.remebering virtualboy is not easy..being an old school
> 80's gamefan, it hit a lot of questions on game play and control sacrifice.i'm proud
> to say my fears were wrong.this system is amazing.i got super street fighter as part
> and i must say i'm really impressed with nintendos little gadget.even for old school
> street fighters like me this is almost an exact port.so if you guys feel a little
> discouraged like i did ,i could honestly say don't be.i feel it's worth the $250
> believe it or not.

i stood there staring at the 3ds box behind the glass for 20 minutes yesterday, and walked away without it. SSF4 3D is the only thing even remotely interesting to me on the system at the moment.

i've read and watched tons of videos and opinions about SSF4 3D and still couldn't bring myself to do it. i would love to try it, but i'm midway playing DA2 and radiant historia at the moment. what i didn't want to have happen, is that i get home with my 3ds, play SSF4 3D for an hour and go "yep, that's street fighter 4!" and then be despondent about the purchase for weeks (or months) to come.

i will no doubt pick up one when icarus, zelda, mario, starfox or something else heavily nintendo appears.

how long is your battery lasting?

i learned everything i know from KC

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: 3ds is a plus on my gamefan list new [Re: jopezu]
#250163 - 03/28/11 08:52 PM

interseting question on the battery life.okay here's the deal you put it in a cradle for 3 hours to charge.i played it about mabe 7 time for about 20 minutes each time so far its still in full mode but, the downside to the battery life is it can only be charged 500 times before it hits the low 70% mark.it metions this in the manual if your battery dies to purchase another one from nintendo.never seen that in a manual before so that does discourage me a little. these batteries are $20 from nintendo so i goes by how you either play it in 3d or 2d .but you should consider getting one. the 3d photos are really astonding.

He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

bought it new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#250193 - 03/29/11 04:55 AM

> interseting question on the battery life.okay here's the deal you put it in a cradle
> for 3 hours to charge.i played it about mabe 7 time for about 20 minutes each time so
> far its still in full mode but, the downside to the battery life is it can only be
> charged 500 times before it hits the low 70% mark.it metions this in the manual if
> your battery dies to purchase another one from nintendo.never seen that in a manual
> before so that does discourage me a little. these batteries are $20 from nintendo so
> i goes by how you either play it in 3d or 2d .but you should consider getting one.
> the 3d photos are really astonding.

the 3d effect is much better than i had anticipated. i was actually a little freaked up. got ssf4. pretty much spot on gameplay. totally ready for franchise titles...

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

i didn't get a nintendo club registration code with street fighter... new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#250196 - 03/29/11 06:05 AM

> interseting question on the battery life.okay here's the deal you put it in a cradle
> for 3 hours to charge.i played it about mabe 7 time for about 20 minutes each time so
> far its still in full mode but, the downside to the battery life is it can only be
> charged 500 times before it hits the low 70% mark.it metions this in the manual if
> your battery dies to purchase another one from nintendo.never seen that in a manual
> before so that does discourage me a little. these batteries are $20 from nintendo so
> i goes by how you either play it in 3d or 2d .but you should consider getting one.
> the 3d photos are really astonding.

did you?

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: i didn't get a nintendo club registration code with street fighter... new [Re: jopezu]
#250210 - 03/29/11 11:57 AM

no. i'm looking into it.

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

Re: i didn't get a nintendo club registration code with street fighter... new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#250215 - 03/29/11 03:54 PM

> no. i'm looking into it.

bah, it's nintendo published titles only...

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Send PM

Re: i didn't get a nintendo club registration code with street fighter... new [Re: jopezu]
#250218 - 03/29/11 05:37 PM

hmmmm. does't capcom still own the zelda franchise in the handheld zone?

URherenow
Loc: Japan
Send PM

Re: bought it new [Re: jopezu]
#250278 - 03/30/11 01:11 PM

So did I. And got my AK2i working on it too

Nintendo doesn't make SF, or Rayman, or splinter cell and I won't bother trying to remember the others. It's definitely not Nintendo titles only though.

3D pics are awesome! However, when it moves, it blurs. I'd post a pic of a ghilla monster I took but it's not like you could see it if I did...

The built-in face raiders game is cool the first time you try and so is the card thing... I must finish the question mark one and whatever else I need to to see what the Mario, Zelda, and Samus cards hold...

jopezu
bread-train
Send PM

argame demonstration new [Re: URherenow]
#250288 - 03/30/11 05:08 PM

> So did I. And got my AK2i working on it too
>
> Nintendo doesn't make SF, or Rayman, or splinter cell and I won't bother trying to
> remember the others. It's definitely not Nintendo titles only though.
>
> 3D pics are awesome! However, when it moves, it blurs. I'd post a pic of a ghilla
> monster I took but it's not like you could see it if I did...
>
> The built-in face raiders game is cool the first time you try and so is the card
> thing... I must finish the question mark one and whatever else I need to to see what
> the Mario, Zelda, and Samus cards hold...

for those that don't know...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 167 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1475