Pages: 1

plissken
MAME Fan
Reged: 03/17/11
Send PM

Roadblasters on 0.104
#249148 - 03/18/11 01:26 AM

Hi,

Is here any way to set up input details to recognise a Competition Pro USB joystick on this and other similar games? The controls don't work properly - dragging to the left - when I try this game.

Sune
Connected
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Lagoa Santa, Brasil
Send PM

Re: Roadblasters on 0.104 new [Re: plissken]
#249153 - 03/18/11 03:27 AM

> Hi,
>
> Is here any way to set up input details to recognise a Competition Pro USB joystick
> on this and other similar games? The controls don't work properly - dragging to the
> left - when I try this game.

Disable other input devices that might interfere, such as your mouse, unplug other joysticks or remove any active axis from "inputs - this game" using the MAME OSD.

Tip: You can map axis and buttons to "none" by pressing ESC when they're highlighted.

Keep in mind you're trying to control a game that uses analog controls with a digital input device. MAME lets you work around this but it will never be perfect unless you use the same type of controls that the game was designed for.

Press tab while the game is running to access the OSD and make adjustments in "analog controls - this game" or whatever that menu is called. You'll find it.

S

mogli
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/26/08
Send PM

Re: Roadblasters on 0.104 new [Re: Sune]
#249163 - 03/18/11 04:40 AM

I saw a dude on a forum finish the race in Outrun using a gamepad, of which I'm assuming he used the D-pad, or maybe even buttons. It can be done, but it's an 'incremental' control deal. I couldn't dig it. Using a spinner (of which I have) is as bad as I'll go with.

Consider it high comedy....sincere tragedy....whatever...don't take it personally.

The Culture

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 144 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1869