MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Emu Loader v6.1 released
#248611 - 03/11/11 08:07 PM

New version with a few goodies
Check it out here

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

Re: Emu Loader v6.1 released new [Re: CiroConsentino]
#248636 - 03/12/11 02:11 AM

> New version with a few goodies
> Check it out here

Damn, awesome release
unluckily, i haven't slept since 2 days so will have to wait untill tomorrow to test it ^^
Thx Ciro

PS: the new tile view, with no stretch to the icon is really fantastic... I love that display, so I'll see what i can do to add over each icon when needed "ŕ la shortcut arrow icon" a few flags icons... 48-32=16... 16x16 is enough to display a few things...
(jap, us, world, fr, hisp, brazil, etc... and why not bootleg, set 1, set 2.. set 5, and anything more i could think of...

But 1st, still have to finish something like 200, 300 icons if not more to be in sync with latest releases...

Regards, MAMu_

CiroConsentino
Frontend freak!
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Alien from Terra Prime... and Brazil
Send PM

Re: Emu Loader v6.1 released new [Re: MAMu_]
#248670 - 03/12/11 01:40 PM

you're welcome.
I worked hard to display game icons correctly. note that EL doesn't load 48x48 or 16x16 icons, only 32x32... to avoid checking for all icon sizes inside the .ico file and to load icons as fast as possible.
I might change that for a future release, if I find a way to optimize the loading function (even more).

I love the title view as well. it's my favorite and I only use this view mode.

Quote:

I love that display, so I'll see what i can do to add over each icon when needed "ŕ la shortcut arrow icon" a few flags icons... 48-32=16... 16x16 is enough to display a few things...
(jap, us, world, fr, hisp, brazil, etc... and why not bootleg, set 1, set 2.. set 5, and anything more i could think of.

this is an interesting idea. are you going to create 48x48 icons with those extra "shortcuts" ?
I don't know how to merge two icons into one to display, or overlay an icon on top of another...

you can use the new text filter bar for this.
just type something like "(US" (without quotes) to see how many games are from "USA" region.

... or "set 1" (without quotes) for another test.
... or "bootleg" (without quotes) to view all bootleg games.

from my testings, not many games have these labels.
another idea would be display those extra icons at the games list's status bar (I'll send you an example later).

Emu Loader
Ciro Alfredo Consentino
home: http://emuloader.mameworld.info
e-mail: [email protected]

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
3 registered and 263 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1903