View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/04/06
Loc: USA
Send PM

M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition
#248112 - 03/06/11 09:21 AM Attachment: M.A.M.E.Artwork.Special.Edition.zip 499 KB (27 downloads)

Here is the torrent. This is my first attempt at a torrent. So please let me know if it works.

Please take a look at the NFO file in the "Source Files\Credits" section and let me know what i need up update or correct. I have a lot of missing info at the moment and i would like to credit the right people.

Thanks,
-GivingBack-

http://mameartwork.50megs.com/

Edited by twisty (03/07/11 02:13 PM)

tepman
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/03/08
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition new [Re: -GivingBack-]
#248156 - 03/06/11 07:40 PM

a Dat for Clrmamepro would be appreciated. To join the torrent with a better % and save precious bandwith.
The files are torrentzipped?
http://sourceforge.net/projects/trrntzip/

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition new [Re: tepman]
#248157 - 03/06/11 08:08 PM

The original dats for the artwork are already included but i suppose i could make 1 big dat for everything.

Since everything but the artwork and samples are now uncompressed i have not used Torrentzip. I am testing out a suggestion where you will only download the new files each time. But in order for this to happen the files will need to be uncompressed. At least that is the plan for now. More real world testing is needed.

I will check out TorrentZip for the next release on the files that are still zipped.

Thanks!

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

#248167 - 03/07/11 12:53 AM

Testing it, my 1st feeling:

Choosing a folder where to download the torrent content will create a "M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition" folder in it... This is ridiculous, as if we plan to update each time via a torrent in the same folder at each new release, no "numbered" folder should be created, as the name of the folder will change at each new release, so we will download again each file, in a new folder...

Just call it "M.A.M.E.Artwork.Special.Edition" and in it edit a nfo or such with the number "v0.141.nfo"...

Perhaps i'm wrong but I don't think that any torrent client will rename auto the already here folder.

Regards

Edited by MAMu_ (03/07/11 12:56 AM)

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition new [Re: MAMu_]
#248168 - 03/07/11 01:11 AM

> Testing it, my 1st feeling:
>
> Choosing a folder where to download the torrent content will create a
> "M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition" folder in it... This is ridiculous, as if we
> plan to update each time via a torrent in the same folder at each new release, no
> "numbered" folder should be created, as the name of the folder will change at each
> new release, so we will download again each file, in a new folder...
>
> Just call it "M.A.M.E.Artwork.Special.Edition" and in it edit a nfo or such with the
> number "v0.141.nfo"...
>
> Perhaps i'm wrong but I don't think that any torrent client will rename auto the
> already here folder.
>
> Regards

Agreed. Unfortunately i realized this after i started to seed. I will recreate the torrent and start over.

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition **Take two** new [Re: -GivingBack-]
#248175 - 03/07/11 02:54 AM Attachment: M.A.M.E.Artwork.Special.Edition.zip 499 KB (9 downloads)

New directory name.

MAMu_
Icon Master
Reged: 01/06/04
Send PM

#248188 - 03/07/11 05:29 AM

> Here is the torrent. This is my first attempt at a torrent. So please let me know if
> it works.
>
> Please take a look at the NFO file in the "Source Files\Credits" section and let me
> know what i need up update or correct. I have a lot of missing info at the moment and
> i would like to credit the right people.
>
> Thanks,
> -GivingBack-
>
> http://mameartwork.50megs.com/

edit your post to remove the file linked, to avoid ppl from seeding the wrong one

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition new [Re: MAMu_]
#248194 - 03/07/11 06:33 AM

> > Here is the torrent. This is my first attempt at a torrent. So please let me know
> if
> > it works.
> >
> > Please take a look at the NFO file in the "Source Files\Credits" section and let me
> > know what i need up update or correct. I have a lot of missing info at the moment
> and
> > i would like to credit the right people.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -GivingBack-
> >
> > http://mameartwork.50megs.com/
>
> edit your post to remove the file linked, to avoid ppl from seeding the wrong one

Thanks for the reminder. Done.

twistyAdministrator
Space Lord
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

#248209 - 03/07/11 02:12 PM

> > edit your post to remove the file linked, to avoid ppl from seeding the wrong one
>
> Thanks for the reminder. Done.

I added the correct file to the initial post, as this is the one that gets displayed on our front page

-GivingBack-
MAME Fan
Send PM

Re: M.A.M.E.Artwork.v0.141.Special.Edition new [Re: twisty]
#248211 - 03/07/11 03:13 PM

> I added the correct file to the initial post, as this is the one that gets displayed
> on our front page

Thank You!

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> News
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  John IV, Robbbert, Tafoid 
1 registered and 237 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 3358