View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hibo
MAME Fan
Reged: 01/02/11
Send PM

Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1
#244106 - 01/21/11 11:36 AM

In www.system16.com virtua fighter 2 and 2.1 are showed as seperate games.Why ?
I couldnt find any differences between them and in the intro there is no recognizable sign of 2.1
Could we unofficially call it "revision C" of the game ?

Edited by Hibo (01/21/11 11:36 AM)

AWJ
Reged: 03/08/05
Loc: Ottawa, Ontario
Send PM

Re: Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1 new [Re: Hibo]
#244107 - 01/21/11 12:34 PM

> In www.system16.com virtua fighter 2 and 2.1 are showed as seperate games.Why ?
> I couldnt find any differences between them and in the intro there is no recognizable
> sign of 2.1
> Could we unofficially call it "revision C" of the game ?

Isn't there a tiny ".1" next to the 2 on the title screen?

VF2.1 is like a "Champion Edition". I believe it has additional moves and stuff, and not just bug fixes.

jumpmaniac81
Donkey Kong Maniac
Reged: 10/13/10
Loc: N.J.
Send PM

Re: Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1 new [Re: Hibo]
#244190 - 01/22/11 08:47 AM

i belive that version fixed some slowdown issues, i read it on another forum

I’m convinced Mario is a hobo.
He wakes up everyday in the same clothes, runs around in sewers, and collects coins for a living.
At the end of the day, he uses the coins to buy mushrooms

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1 new [Re: jumpmaniac81]
#244191 - 01/22/11 08:55 AM

I'm pretty sure it even says in the Sega Saturn version game instruction booklet what the differences are. You are able to select 2.0 and 2.1 in that port. If nobody else posts what that says - hopefully I can find it tomorrow and relay it.

LEVEL-4

Tomu Breidah
No Problems, Only Solutions
Reged: 08/14/04
Loc: Neither here, nor there.
Send PM

Re: Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1 new [Re: Tomu Breidah]
#244213 - 01/22/11 05:37 PM

Quote:

RECENT ADDITIONS
VERSIONS 2.0 AND 2.1

In the Option menu, you can choose between Versions 2.0 and 2.1. Both versions of Virtua Fighter 2 have been released in the arcades and are faithfully reproduced for Sega Saturn. New attack levels have been added over the previous Virtua Fighter game.

Version 2.0:
• Unblock P K combo causes character to fall
• No pauses when running backwards
• Player and CPU-Controlled opponents of Shun and Lion automatically track (face towards them) when Shun or Lion scoot around behind the opponent
• 2P (right side) Lau floats higher when kicked, and is slower getting up

Version 2.1:
• Unblocked P K combo causes characters to stagger, but not fall
• Pause introduced between steps when running away (harder to attack, then run away until time runs out)
• Player and CPU-controlled players do not automatically track Shun and Lion when they scuttle sideways around their opponents
• Both Laus react exactly the same to kicks and getting up
• Kage's Keonraku-thrown characters don't float as long, making it harder to get off attacks before they land
• Jacky's recovery from the bicycle/back kickflip is longer (by 1/5 of a second), making him more vulnerable afterwards
• If hit during a backdash, the character staggers
• Height of Kage's Koenraku adjusted
• Recovery from staggering after elbow, sidekick attacks now easier to do with lever, buttons
• Lever controls made easier. (Moves will still work with small misses).
• In the case of an attack which involves falling to the ground (ie. Shun's various moves), a down attack can hit even if Shun is not completely down on the ground
• The stopping distance after a long-distance run changed from 3.0 meters to 1.5 meters
• Shun-di now able to get master ranking in ranking mode.

If there's a difference for 'A' and 'B' versions... Well, I have no way of knowing.

LEVEL-4

Heihachi_73
I am the Table!
Reged: 10/29/03
Loc: Melbourne, Australia
Send PM

Re: Difference between Virtua Fighter 2 ,A, B and 2.1 new [Re: AWJ]
#244375 - 01/24/11 07:39 AM

> > In www.system16.com virtua fighter 2 and 2.1 are showed as seperate games.Why ?
> > I couldnt find any differences between them and in the intro there is no
> recognizable
> > sign of 2.1
> > Could we unofficially call it "revision C" of the game ?
>
> Isn't there a tiny ".1" next to the 2 on the title screen?
>
> VF2.1 is like a "Champion Edition". I believe it has additional moves and stuff, and
> not just bug fixes.

Just another case of the update of an update?

Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II' Champion Edition (new moves, selectable bosses), Street Fighter II Turbo/Hyper Fighting (hmm....Turbo speed maybe? More moves as well), then the SSF2 variants.

Virtua Fighter 2, Virtua Fighter 2.1

Mortal Kombat 3 1.0 (Sheeva's teleport stomp works on bosses), MK3 2.0/2.1 (attempting to stomp on a boss results in being kicked in the face by Shao Kahn, or punched by Motaro), UMK3, MK Trilogy (PSX/PC/Saturn, bosses are selectable), MK Trilogy (N64, bosses playable via cheats on certain stages, game requires 'credits' to play unless a cheat code is entered, bosses do not retaliate after blocking a Sheeva stomp and you can win flawless every time because of this).

Soul Edge, Soul Edge Ver.II (can't comment here, I never played the Soul games). Is Soul Blade (PSX) any different?

Tekken, Tekken (PSX) - On the PlayStation version, the bosses (now selectable unlike the arcade) receive new moves from the upcoming Tekken 2. On the arcade, most bosses were identical to another character with a few extra moves added in (e.g. Heihachi is identical to Kazuya whilst adding Paul's Hammer/Power Punch and single Power Punch 'deathfist' to his moves, whereas on the PSX, he is basically that from Tekken 2 minus three 10 hit combos).

Tekken 2, Tekken 2 Ver.B, Tekken 2 (PSX) - Ver.B has extra moves, some Ver.A moves receive different notations, and has different AI which relies on pokes and counter hits. The PSX version has the easier Ver.A AI but retains all of the Ver.B updates. There is no version C.

Tekken 5, Tekken 5 5.1, Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection, Tekken Dark Resurrection (PSP version).

Tekken 6, Tekken 6 Bloodline Rebellion (the latter being released for PS3/360 as simply 'Tekken 6' though).

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> EmuChat
View all threads Index   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  Robbbert, Tafoid 
0 registered and 240 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 2369