MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Pages: 1

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked
#243857 - 01/17/11 07:21 PM

I posted something on this last year, but there is a much anticipated unofficial sequel to Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes that was 98% completed before Square-Enix shut it down.

I guess the final is leaked now but I'm not sure if posting a link to that ROM, or the article that has the link would be violating the rules here.

SmitdoggAdministrator
Reged: 09/18/03
Send PM

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked new [Re: Hizzout]
#243860 - 01/17/11 07:37 PM

It depends if they took Chrono Trigger and hacked it up (wouldn't be allowed) or if they wrote everything from scratch (would be allowed).

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked new [Re: Smitdogg]
#243862 - 01/17/11 08:27 PM

> It depends if they took Chrono Trigger and hacked it up (wouldn't be allowed) or if
> they wrote everything from scratch (would be allowed).

It's a little bit of A, a little bit of B. So it wouldn't be allowed here.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Reged: 09/21/03
Loc: Britland
Send PM

#243866 - 01/17/11 09:12 PM

> I posted something on this last year, but there is a much anticipated unofficial
> sequel to Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes that was 98%
> completed before Square-Enix shut it down.

Square-Enix shut down? Sorry if that's a bit like saying "What?? Elvis is dead????" but how did THAT happen - I thought Final Fantasy was basically a license to print money...

Foxhack
Furry guy
Reged: 01/30/04
Loc: Spicy Canada
Send PM

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked new [Re: Fever]
#243871 - 01/17/11 10:09 PM

> > I posted something on this last year, but there is a much anticipated unofficial
> > sequel to Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes that was 98%
> > completed before Square-Enix shut it down.
>
> Square-Enix shut down? Sorry if that's a bit like saying "What?? Elvis is dead????"
> but how did THAT happen - I thought Final Fantasy was basically a license to print
> money...

Squeenix wasn't going to make a penny out of it. So they shut it down.

Hizzout
70's baby, early 80's child
Reged: 02/05/04
Send PM

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked new [Re: Smitdogg]
#243876 - 01/18/11 12:02 AM

Quote:

t depends if they took Chrono Trigger and hacked it up (wouldn't be allowed) or if they wrote everything from scratch (would be allowed).

You don't need to have the original ROM in order to play it if that makes any difference but the sprites and much of the game looks to be ripped from the original game. The story is supposed to be very intertwined with the original and promises to be as rich as the original game.

I'm looking forward to playing it.

Darth Mario
Hail Hydra
Send PM

#243882 - 01/18/11 01:43 AM

> > I posted something on this last year, but there is a much anticipated unofficial
> > sequel to Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes that was 98%
> > completed before Square-Enix shut it down.
>
> Square-Enix shut down? Sorry if that's a bit like saying "What?? Elvis is dead????"
> but how did THAT happen - I thought Final Fantasy was basically a license to print
> money...

Did you play the last FF?
:sucksass:
and I think he means the game was shut down
not the publisher.

BIOS-D
MAME Fan
Reged: 08/07/06
Send PM

#243884 - 01/18/11 03:10 AM

> money...

It doesn't when the concepts "fan made" and "rom hack" are implied in that sequel.

Anyone thinks "Final Fantasy" should have been renamed "Yet another fantasy" after the 4th game?

Pr3tty F1y
MAME Fan
Reged: 07/18/05
Send PM

#243885 - 01/18/11 03:21 AM

I'm digging it. Cool to see that their hardwork gets to see the light of day.

Fever
Reformed Sk3n3 Quitter
Loc: Britland
Send PM

Re: Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes now leaked new [Re: Darth Mario]
#244041 - 01/20/11 09:12 PM

> > > I posted something on this last year, but there is a much anticipated unofficial
> > > sequel to Chrono Trigger called Chrono Trigger - Crimson Echoes that was 98%
> > > completed before Square-Enix shut it down.
> >
> > Square-Enix shut down? Sorry if that's a bit like saying "What?? Elvis is dead????"
> > but how did THAT happen - I thought Final Fantasy was basically a license to print
> > money...
>
> Did you play the last FF?
>
> and I think he means the game was shut down
> not the publisher.

Oh yeah 'Shut IT down' missed that 'it' the first time, sorry, been feeling pretty tired recently...

Pages: 1

MAMEWorld >> The Loony Bin
Previous thread Previous  View all threads Index   Next thread Next   Threaded Mode Threaded  

Extra information Permissions
Moderator:  GatKong 
0 registered and 278 anonymous users are browsing this forum.
You cannot start new topics
You cannot reply to topics
HTML is enabled
UBBCode is enabled
Thread views: 1923